: The Ray’s Cove Christian church was organized about 1825, by Rev. Daniel Long, of Virginia. Among the original members were: Leonard, John, Jacob and Simon P. Foor, Robert Hughey and their families. The present membership is about sixty (in 1884). Meetings were held at houses and schoolhouses until a church edifice was erected, about 1860.
Elder Long was succeeded as pastor by Elders Jacobs, Lewis, Ramsey, Seever, Proctor, Miller, Cooper, Barney, McDaniel, Sipes and Logue.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 329.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project