History: The date of the organization of this congregation cannot be ascertained. Prior to 1867 services were held in a log structure near the site of the present church. In the above-mentioned year a frame building, 30x40 feet, was erected at a cost of thirteen hundred dollars. The church was dedicated in October, 1867, with a sermon by rev. Mr. Cooper, of Frostburg, Maryland. At that date the membership was thirty-six. It is nearly the same at present. The sabbath school now has sixty members. The building committee for the erection of the church were Thomas Fisher, Jacob Sliger, Henry Hite, Samuel Elliott and John Blair.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 382.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project