Mount Zionís Reformed church was organized at MannsíChoice in 1873, under the ministerial labors of Rev. N. H. Skyles. The church edifice was erected the same year. Rev. William A. Gring was the second pastor, succeeded in 1882 by Rev. E. H. Dieffenbacher, present pastor. The charge consists of three churches, at Mannís Choice, Dry Ridge and Mount Pleasant. The membership of Mount Zion is ninety-one (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 366.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project