History: Mount Zion Christian church was organized by Elder Lewis Comer, about 1825. The charter members are deceased, and the old records lost. Comer was succeeded in the pastorate by Elders Long, Sells, Lewis, Ramsey, Proctor, Miller and Cooper, Barney and Logue. Rev. B. A. Cooper is the present pastor. It now has a good house of worship and a respectable membership (in 1884). The church is quite prosperous.
In connection with the pastors above named, this church has enjoyed, transiently, the labors of Elders Seever, Robinson, Pugh, Smith, Pennell, McDaniel, Browning and Garland.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 378.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project