History: Mount Hope Christian church was organized about 1840. It passed through many vicissitudes, and recently nearly lost its individuality. It was reorganized by Rev. B. A. Cooper in 1875; has now a respectable membership (in 1884), and is erecting a house of worship. Cooper and Garland are the officiating pastors.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 378.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project