: A log church, erected by all denominations near the beginning of the present century (19th century), was the first meeting-house in Londonderry township. It was also used as a schoolhouse, The Methodists have maintained an organization from very early years. Among the first Methodists who preached here were Hendrickson and Isaac Hook, local preachers. The old building disappeared about 1856, when the present Methodist Episcopal church at Cook’s Mills took its place. The present membership is about forty (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 371.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project