: A Methodist class which met at private houses and schoolhouses was organized about 1840. The early members were the Carpenters, Wickroys, Logues, Wilhelms, Raleys, Millers, etc. The first preacher was Rev. J. Fulmer; the second, Rev. Joseph Morris, who held an interesting series of revival meetings. In 1851 the society erected a frame meetinghouse, 25x35 feet. The first minister who preached in the house was Rev. James McConnolly. A new brick church, costing three thousand dollars, was dedicated in 1876. The church is in a flourishing condition and has about sixty-five members (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 373.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project