History: A Methodist class was organized at Hopewell in 1833. No church building was erected until 1864, when the present church, a substantial and beautiful edifice, was built. Rev. John Cleaver was then pastor. The building committee were C. W. Ashcom, John Mayor and Richard Langdon.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 340.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project