: The Methodist Episcopal church in Spruce hollow was organized in 1848. Samuel Clark, a prominent member, was class-leader for many years. In 1856, under the ministry of Rev. McWilliams, a house of worship was erected. The membership of the church has always been small.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 353.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project