: Salem congregation of the Methodist Episcopal Church South was organized in Rainsburg in 1875, and met in the old stone church until their present edifice was erected in 1877. The house cost eighteen hundred dollars. Rev. Robert Ross was the first preacher. The congregation, always small, now numbers but very few active members.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 359.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project