: Prior to 1881 the members composing the Methodist Episcopal Church, at Wolfsburg, held meetings in the schoolhouse. The present church edifice (1884), a framed Gothic building, was begun in 1880, and dedicated June 26, 1881. It cost one thousand four hundred dollars. Isaac Pierson, J. J. Wolf, D. R. Smith, F. M. Bixler and D. Merrill composed the building committee. The present pastor (1884) is Rev. James F. Remington, who succeeded Rev. M. C. Piper. Among the early members of this organization were David Wolf and family, Moses Wisegarver and family, and Isaac Pierson and family. The present members (1884) are forty-one in number. A parsonage will be completed in July, 1883.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 269.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project