: A Methodist Episcopal class was organized at Buffalo Mills in 1869 by Rev. Decker. George W. Horn was the first class-leader. The erection of a church was commenced in 1869, and the building was finished and dedicated the following year. The church is a part of the Schellsburg charge, and is in a flourishing condition.
In the fall of 1872 Rev. J. H. Johnson held a series of revival meetings, which resulted in the formation of a Methodist Episcopal society at Mannís Choice. From that time the place became a regular appointment, and meetings were held at the Nycum schoolhouse. In 1882 a neat frame church was erected at Mannís Choice, at a cost of sixteen hundred dollars. The society numbers about thirty members, and forms a part of the Schellsburg charge.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 365-6.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project