History: The Methodist Episcopal church in the Beckley district was first organized in the year 1867, by Rev. A. E. Taylor, with three members. Meetings were held in the schoolhouse, until the United Brethren church was erected in 1870. The church has eighteen members and thirty sabbath-school scholars (in 1884). It is a part of Schellsburg circuit.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 288.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project