History: The Lutherans of Woodberry borough met and appointed a building committee in April, 1882. On May 25, 1882, Rev. E. Dutt organized the congregation with thirty-five members. William Simpson and Lewis Zimmerman were chosen elders, and William H. Clouse, William H. H. Shimer and Solomon Barley, deacons. The corner-stone of the church was laid July 1, 1882. The building was dedicated January 28, 1883; sermon by Rev. W. W. Criley. The cost of the church, including lot and furnishing, was two thousand six hundred and fifty-seven dollars. Sufficient money has been subscribed to pay off all indebtedness. Rev. E. Dutt is the first and present pastor (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., 1884, Waterman, Watkins & Co., pp. 300.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project