History: Fairview Christian church was organized by Elder Benjamin Seever about 1838, and has had the clerical labors of W. G. Proctor, James Pennell, John Smith, Abram Miller, B. A. Cooper, J. N. McDaniel and Samuel Logue. Elder Cooper is the present pastor (in 1884). The church has a good house of worship and a large membership
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 384.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project