History: The church of the Evangelical association at Hyndman was organized by Rev. Bowen in 1874. A house of worship was built the same year at a cost of one thousand dollars. This denomination was supplied with preaching by Samuel Lowry some twenty-five years ago; and about ten years ago Jacob Fichtner preached. The trustees of the church at the organization were Samuel Miller, Jonathan Simons, Dennis Close, Wm. P. Close and Isaac Close. The last names was also class-leader. The present pastor is Rev. W. F. Shannon; exhorter and steward, A. L. Burket. Membership, eighty.
The society in 1878 leased land for a campground, which it has fitted up at an expense of about fifteen hundred dollars.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 373.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project