The Disciplesí church at Bridgeport was organized in 1875. the first pastor was Rev. George W. Allen. The first church officers were: elder, Jacob Evans, and deacons, Hezekiah Logue and John Evans. In 1877 a house of worship, which cost over eight hundred dollars (was built). The present (1884) membership is about fifteen.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 372.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project