History: Clearville Methodist Episcopal church was organized by Rev. Ferguson in 1867. George W. Amick was the first class-leader. The congregation worshiped in the old Union church until 1872, when the Methodists erected a house of worship. The present membership is two hundred and nineteen. The pastors have been Revs. Ferguson, Horton, Gray, White, McClure, Creveling, Rhue, Dever and Ham.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 388.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project