History: Catholic. The Church of Seven Dolors, Beanís cove, was erected in 1877, at a cost of one thousand five hundred dollars. It is a frame building; size, 27x52 feet. The Donahoes were the principal subscribers. Francis Donahoe superintended its construction, made all collections and paid all bills. He still has charge of the financial affairs of the church. The building was dedicated by Father Brennan, of Cumberland, Maryland. The Capuchin fathers of Cumberland supply the church. Services are held once a month.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 378.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project