: This church was organized about 1842, by Revs. Laniger and Plowman. Among the first officers of the congregation were William Figard and Thomas Long, elders, and Joseph Negley and John Lear, deacons. Meetings were generally held in schoolhouses until 1872, when the church erected a meetinghouse at Coaldale. Rev. D. P. Collins was then pastor. The church now has about one hundred members.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 340.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project