History: The Bible Christians held meetings at houses in Milliganís cove as 1825. Abraham Miller was one of the earliest preachers of this denomination and officiated here many years. John Hughes, Samuel Loge, Kidwell, M. B. Miller, B. A. Cooper and others have also ministered to the people in former years. Meetings were held at the Arnold schoolhouse several years. In 1867 a neat and convenient church edifice was erected. A large portion of the people of the cove are members and supporters of this church (in 1884).
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 365.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project