Center Evangelical Lutheran church at Fishertown was organized by Rev. D. S. Aultman in the year 1848. For a few years services were held in the United Brethren church, and afterward in private houses. In 1857 the present (1884) house of worship was erected at a cost of about one thousand dollars. Present membership (1884): church, thirty-five; Sabbath school, ninety. The pastors have been Revs. D. S. Altman, William Ruthrauf, J. Kast, William Kopp, J. A. Kunkleman, B. H. Hunt, J. H. A. Kitzmiller, J. F. Dietrich, Abel Thompson, C. B. Gruver and J. H. Walterick.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 288.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project