History: The Cedar Grove congregation of the Lutheran denomination was organized in 1875 by Rev. J. Brubaker. The church was erected in 1875-6. The congregation consists (in 1884) of sixty members in the church, and thirty in the sabbath school. It is a part of Everett charge. It was formed mainly from former members of Mount Pleasant congregation.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 329.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project