History: Bethel congregation of the Reformed church was organized by Rev. Matthew Irvine, September 28, 1844. At the first communion, September 29, 1844, thirteen persons were confirmed. Henry Steckman was elected elder, and John Snider, deacon. The house of worship was completed in 1847, and dedicated on June 20. The church originally belonged to the Bloody Run (Everett) charge, and its pastors were: M. Irvine, 1844-56; C. F. Hoffmeier, 1856-62. It now forms a part of the Clear Ridge charge (in 1884).
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 388.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project