History: Among the early settlers of the cove were two local Methodist preachers, Thomas Leakins and John Leasure. As early as 1810 a log church was erected, on the site of the present edifice, which continued to be used as a place of public worship until 1881. The present church is a frame building, 28x36 feet, which cost one thousand dollars. The membership is small. The congregation belongs to the Flintstone circuit.
(Source: History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 377.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project