: The Asbury Methodist Episcopal church in Ray’s cove was built in 1857, during the pastorate of Rev. Wm. H. Stevens. For about two years Rev. Wm. H. Stevens. For about two years previous the Methodists had met at the Reformed church in the cove. The house is built of logs and boarded. Jesse Grove was the first class-leader. Among the early members were John and Martin Foor, John Manspeaker, and Peter and Andrew Ritchey. The church belongs to Ray’s Hill circuit.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 330.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project