Evangelical.-The church of the Evangelical association, which now meets at New Paris, was organized at the house of Daniel Gephart about 1840, under the ministry of Rev. Jacob Bose. Daniel Gephart and John Oyler were class-leaders for many years. The class usually met at the house of Mr. Gephart until 1855, when a meeting-house was erected at New Paris. The church was dedicated with services by Rev. Daniel Long.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pennsylvania, Chicago: Waterman, Watkins & Co., p. 282 (Napier Twp.))
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project