This church was organized in 1885. In 1886 they erected their church building. For eleven years, Rev. George B. Kegarise was the pastor of this church. After his death the church had a number of different pastors, generally young men from the church schools. In 1910 the church called and ordained to the gospel ministry Jerome S. Kagarise. Rev. Kegarise was pastor for ten years and resigned because of ill health. His Christian character commended him to all who knew him. Rev. W. L. Davis was the devoted pastor of this congregation from 1924 to date (1933).
(Source: adapted from information in Historical Sketches of Morrisons Cove, 1933, Mirror Press, pp. 111, 114.)
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project