United Brethren.-The Bethel United Brethren church was built in 1871 at a cost of six hundred dollars. The congregation was organized in 1848 by Rev. John Sidman. It started with about twenty members. The present membership is about twelve, the number having been reduced by deaths and removals. Henry Taylor was the first class-leader in the neighborhood.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pennsylvania, Chicago: Waterman, Watkins & Co., p. 282 (Napier Twp.))
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Church Page
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project