Bedford Presbyterian Cemetery
The Penn family first gave the Presbyterian Cemetery to the Presbyterian Church in 1776. Even though it was given to the church in 1776, the first burial took place in 1772. The cemetery is located in the center of Bedford. Because of this, the cemetery is used a lot by the public. In 1879, the cemetery was declared full and was closed to new burials. The last burial in the Presbyterian Cemetery took place in 1920, in a private family plot.
Contributed for use by the Bedford County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/~bedford/)
Bedford County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.
Return to Bedford County Genealogy Project
(c) Bedford County Pennsylvania Genealogy Project