"The congregation incorporated in 1849, the officers named in the
charter being Rev. Henry Isensee; John Torney, Henry Wanamaker, elders;
Griffith Baker and Jonathan Moyer, deacons; John Allshouse and Henry
Klingensmith, trustees. The members at that time were few, but in 1880 the
total was over one hundred.
Their first edifice was a frame one. It was destroyed by fire in 1869 and
the present frame home was built at a cost of $3,000.
Among the ministers of fifty years ago was Rev. Charles Ehrenfeld, whose
home was in the township on the banks of the Kiskiminetas river, overlooking
Westmoreland county, and is still occupied by one of his sons, while two other
sons live near. A large and beautiful cemetery, or what was formerly called
the "Burial Ground," adjoins the church lot, where lie many of those
who helped to make our county's history, among them being many brave men who
fought in the Civil war, in the war with Mexico and in 1812. This congregation
has a fine parsonage, built in 1905, with large grounds and most delightfully
situated. Rev. John Ashe, the present pastor, also serves St. Paul's in Park
township, formerly known as "Highlands.""
History of Armstrong County Pa, Her People, Past and Present
Vol 1, J.H. Beers & Company.