- REDDINGER, REDINGER posted by Darlene on Tuesday, April 3, 2001
- Im looking for information on the Redingers/Reddingers of Redbank, Salem, Ruscomb Manor townships... any information would be appreciated.. I have Issac born 1801.. Married Sarah Welder 1821 its listed in Berks County .. but I found them in Redbank in the 1850 census
- WYANT posted by Ann Newell on Wednesday, April 4, 2001
- Searching for parents of Martha Wyant b 1867 Edward Wyant b 1860 md Susannah H (?) Mary A. Wyant b 1852 md Thomas A. Davis ca 1873 and a 1/2 brother Henry M. Keller b 1868 Armstrong Co. PA This family should appear on the 1870 Census they all moved to Clay Co. WV ca 1876
- COLEMAN, SKINNER, WHEATCROFT posted by Susie Belford on Wednesday, April 4, 2001
- I am looking for any info on Thomas Wheatcroft & decendants. There is a Thomas Wheatcraft listed in the 1830 census records for Armstrong Co. Would appreciate anyone who would send me info on sex and age groups of anyone in the household. There is also a C.A. Wheatcroft in the 1860 Armstrong Co. census, and again would appreciate any info about other family members. Several Wheatcrofts have lived in the county - Thomas A. Wheatcroft, Mary Ellen Wheatcroft Skinner, and Catherine Wheatcroft Coleman. Any info on these folks would also be helpful. Thomas Wheatcroft was my great great grandfather and I descend through his son Samuel who moved from PA (probably Armstrong Co.)to Ky in the late 1840's. Will greatly appreciate any and all help in my research to find my PA roots. Any descendants of the above mentioned Wheatcrofts, Skinners, and Colemans who would like to contact me re: Wheatcroft Reseach, please feel free to do so. Thanks
- BLYSTONE, LEIGHTLEY, SHANKLE, SMAIL, YOUNT posted by Ruthi Shankle on Thursday, April 5, 2001
- Right now, I'm in search of my gr grandfather, Archibald Blystone of Plumcreek Township. He came from a large family and I'm hoping someone who is doing a search also will read this. I'm hoping there is a portrait out there of him and his 14 siblings. He died on his birthday, April 1899. I'm also in search of any records (family bible, obits, etc.) on his parents, John and Anna and grparents, George and Julia. We just can't find anything to document that George and Julia are John's parents. Thanks
- LEEBLE, LIEBL, LIEBLE posted by Dennis Leebel on Friday, April 6, 2001
- Am looking for descendants of James Vensel and Margaret Liebl who came to Ford City from Germany in 1891 with their 6 children; George, Barbara, Frank, Johanna, James (my grandfather) and Frances.
- JOHN, LEISTER posted by Dennis Leebel on Friday, April 6, 2001
- Am looking for information on the eldest of the four generations of John Leister's (he is my gggrandfather). Born in Germany in 1803. He was a farmer in N. Buffalo Twp per the 1860 census. His daughter, Sarah Jane, (m Samuel M. Gray in 1871) is my ggrandmother
- HENDERSON, MCKAIN posted by Cherrill Orlando on Monday, April 9, 2001
- I'm looking for any information on my father's family who lived in Kittanning. His name was Lloyd Sedwick Henderson. He was born February 28, 1906 and died December 12, 1947 in Westfield, New York. I was not quite 4 years old at that time. He had a brother, Wayne Henderson born April 6, 1909 and died in March of 1987. He had another brother named Foy Henderson, but I can't seem to find any info on him. My father also had a sister, Dorothy Henderson McKain, born January 5, 1917 and died May 8, 1999. I have no information on my paternal grandparents and don't even know their names. Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- FRIBLEY, WHITACRE posted by Max Fribley on Thursday, April 12, 2001
- Seeking decendants of John and Elizabeth FRIBLEY WHITACRE who lived in Cowananhannock Twp., Armstrong Co. PA in the 1850's. Had children; JOHN FRIBLEY, JOSEPH W., ROBERT, MARY, CATHERINE, ELIZA, JOSEPH A.,BENJAMIN, WILLIAM W.. Mary married John Martin, Eliza married John Luckcast.Wife Elizabeth died 19 Jan. 1886. Will exchange info. Thank you. Max Fribley
- STEELE, WILLIARD posted by berta on Friday, April 13, 2001
- I am searching for info on my great grandparents: SILAS GRANT STEELE and SADIE WILLIARD STEELE. I think that Silas lived in Armstong Co as a boy. His siblings names are possibly Maime,Newt,Dick,Harry and Theil. Sadie may have a brother known as Cash Williard. Any help with this would be truly appreciated as I seemed to have run into a brick wall.
- AGY posted by Elizabeth Agy Weir on Monday, April 16, 2001
- Searching for Agy family. My G-G-Grandfather was Mathias Timothy Agy, born in 1814 in PA. Probably Armstrong county. He is listed in the 1830 PA census. By 1841 was in Rock Island county, IL. Searching for any brothers or sisters, Parents' place of birth, etc.
- COOK, HARTMAN, HURTMAN, KOCH, MAXWELL posted by Cindy on Monday, April 16, 2001
- I need help! My Cook line is as follows:
(g stands for great and gr stands for grand, b for born, d for died, m for married)
gggg gr-father: George William Koch/Cook b. 1762 in Pa.; d. 1854 in Burrell Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; m. Jane Maxwell b. ? in Pa.
ggg gr-father: Jeremiah Cook b. 1814 (?) in Kittanning Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. ??; m. Mary Hurtman (Hartman) b. ?? in Kittanning Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. ??
gg gr-father: Lemuel Harvey Cook b. 1848 in Allegheny Township (today's Bethel Township), Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. ???; first wife Mary Lovinah Smeltzer b. 1836 in Manor Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. 1884 in Manor Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.
g gr-father: Albert James Cook b. 1873 in Manor Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. 1948 in Parks Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; m. Mary Elizabeth "Molly" Blystone b. 1868 in Cherry Hollow, Manor Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. 1949 in Parks Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.
gr-father: William Raymond Cook b. 1907 in Parks Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; d. 1970 in North Vandergrift, Parks Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; m. Margaret Viola Emahiser b. ?; d. 1974 in Vandergrift, Westmoreland Co., Pa.
father: Kenneth Veryl Cook b. 1932 in Parks Township, Armstrong Co., Pa.; living in West Leechburg, Westmoreland Co., Pa. with wife Marie Antoinette Rua b. 1932 in West Leechburg, Westmoreland Co., Pa.
me: Cynthia Eileen Michele (Cook) Venturini b. 1952; living with second husband Rodney Allen Venturini b. 1956 in West Leechburg, Westmoreland Co., Pa.
Right now I am especially interested in finding more info on my gg gr-father Lemuel Harvey Cook. He most often went by the name Harvey Cook. He had three children with first wife Mary L.: Bertha Ardella b. 1871 in Manor Township, Armstrong Co., Pa. (who married William Henry Klingensmith); Albert James (my g gr-father); and William Harry (who most often went by Harry) b. 1875 in Manor Township. After Mary L. passed away, Harvey married second wife Ida Martha Houser b. ? in Manor Township and they had at least two children: Ruth (or Rose?) Jane and Wiley, both born in the late 1890s. I'd like to know who his other children were, and when and where he died (I've been told he died in Kiskiminestas Township, Armstrong Co. but not verified) and where he is buried. Does anyone have any tidbit of info that might help me find the info about my gg gr-father?
- CONDOR, MOHNEY posted by Chris Condor on Tuesday, April 17, 2001
- Am trying to locate the grave of Diane Lynn Condor. Born January 18, 1945, Died October 30, 1946. According to my source, Diane was killed in the Kellersburg at her grandmother�s home , a Mrs. Grace Mohney. Diane was supposedly laid to rest in the Kellersburg Methodist Cemetery on November 3, 1946. I recently visited the area but could not locate the cemetery records or a marker for her at the cemetery we visited. I was told by a local that the Methodist cemetery was the one just outside of town at the top of the hill, but am uncertain as to if this is true since there was no identification or sign posted. Do any of you have an idea as to the location of the records or of anyone who has access to them? I live in southeast Georgia so a mailing address, phone number or e-mail would be of great use. Any information on her mother, Luwave (Mohney) Condor would also be greatly appreciated.
- BARNES, COCHRAN posted by Karen Zeigler on Tuesday, April 17, 2001
- Does anyone have information on these people? ISABEL COCHRAN, JAMES BARNES and MARGARET J. ? *buried in Presbyterian Cem.(?)Worthington, Pa
Isabel COCHRAN: 1794-1881
She was listed on the 1860 and 1870 censuses of W. Franklin Twp., Armstrong Co. Pa. She was listed in the household of James S. COCHRAN. I believe she may be his mother. He is my GGG Grandfather.
Her grave is in the same cemetary as James S. COCHRAN, John W. COCHRAN (James S.'s son), and James H. COCHRAN (John W.'s son). Their wives are buried there also and some other family.
Her grave has the following stones on each side of hers. The stones match hers.
Margaret J (no last name on stone)
- MCELHANEY, MCELHENY, MOORE posted by Kathleen Anthony on Tuesday, April 17, 2001
- I am looking for any information on James M. Moore and his wife Rachell. They lived in Plum Creek, Armstrong County and were on the 1870 and 1880 census for that area. They were both born in Ireland. Three (3) of their children listed on the census were: Mary A, Susannah, and William.
- KINNARD, STITT posted by Joy Kinnard on Thursday, April 19, 2001
- I'm looking for information on my GGGGrandfather Joel Kinnard, esq. of Cochran's Mills--Also looking for any information on William J. Stitt also of the Brick Church area. Thank you!
- DAUGHERTY, DOUGHERTY, MCKEAN posted by James Daugherty on Friday, April 20, 2001
- Looking for any information on Henry Roswell "Harry" DOUGHERTY (sometimes seen DAUGHERTY), b. 23 Jun 1880 in Parker's Landing, Armstrong Co., PA.
He married Mary Etta MCKEAN on 21 Apr 1904 near Emlenton, Venango Co., PA and they lived for a number of years (bef 1900 to abt 1915) in the Six Points area of Allegheny Twp., Butler Co., PA.
They had eight children: Mildred, Jeanette, Jesse, Alice, Chris, Henry, Mary and Betty Jean. The older children were born in Butler Co. before the family moved to Oklahoma about 1915.
- PHILIP, SMITH posted by Tonya on Wednesday, April 25, 2001
- I am looking for any history on Philip Smith b. 1867 d. 1924. Have found his grave in Tidal Cemetery, have researched libraries, but am at a dead end. I know his wife's family hx., but not his. F
- FETTER, MITCHELL posted by Mark Shelly on Wednesday, April 25, 2001
- According to the 1876 Rebdank Twp, Armstrong Co Plat (atlas) map, George and A Mitchell were close neighbors of Henry Fetter. Can anyone identify a Charlotte Mitchell from this family who married John Fetter, Henry's son. The are believed to have had 2 children (John had some previously) and moved to CA. I am looking for information on this family
- BOWSER, COUSINS, CRISSMAN, FLENNER, GAMBLE, MCCO, SLAGLE posted by Mike on Thursday, April 26, 2001
- Need Help ... trying to sort through family relations. My grandmother was Ethel Mary Slagle, daughter of Frances Slagle and Annie Cousins.
Would appreciate information about the following families: Bowser / Slagle / Cousins / Flenner / Gamble / Crissman / McCoy / John / Henry / Toy / Leisure / Claypoole / Wyant / Patton
Ethel Mary Slagle married Clarence Twigger, son of Harry Twigger and Viola Frew. I can't find anyone who has any information about the Twigger's. They lived in Westmoreland Co. 1880 to 1910. They moved to Kittanning and lived there until 1933 and then moved to Cleveland, OH.
Harry Twigger had a brother Clarence. This Clarence married Maude Dickey. They had no children. Harry had a nephew named Joseph Twigger, that was a Merchant Marine. So there is at least one other brother. Viola Frue was the daughter of Samuel Frew, b. abt. 1843, PA and Hattie J. unknown, b. abt. 1843, PA. siblings: Albert, William, and Edward.aunt: Mary K. Bowers, b. abt. 1842, of Irwin, PA. If anyone has any information about Twigger's or Frew's, please let me know.
Annie was the daughter of Simon Cousins. The "Bowser" book lists his wife as Martha Woodrow. I also have had two different people tell me that he married Eva Crissman. Does anyone know who Simon was married to? Simon was the son of William Cousins and Sarah Flenner. William was the son of Isaac and unknown. Does anyone know who Isaac was married to?
Frances Slagle was the son of Jacob Slagle and Mary Gamble. Mary was the daughter of Robert and Sarah Gamble. Several of her siblings also married into the Slagle Family. Does anyone have information about Robert and Sarah?
My ties to both Annie Cousins and Frances go back to Mathias Bausser Jr. Does anyone know the following: Any information about Annie Anders, b. 1795, that married Daniel Bowser? Who Daniel's father, Valentine married? I had one sounce say; Esther Walter, daughter of Mathias Walter and Barbara Imler. Julia Ann Bowser married David Flenner. Does anyone know more about David? Julia's parents were John Bausser and Mary unknown. Does anyone know more about Mary? I had one source say that Mathias Bausser Jr. married Anna Elizabeth Edelman. Does anyone know what her last name was?
As far as I know, there's only one source linking Hiram Slagle back to Christian Schlegel. The Armstrong County History Book says that both Hiram Slagle and Barbara Hottenberg were born in Germany. Has anyone found proof that Hiram was the son of Christian? bject: Armstrong County Query
- EMERY, SINCLAIR posted by John Emery on Saturday, April 28, 2001
- Looking for information on John David Emery. He was born in 1828 and died in 1907. He was in the 139th Regt/Co. B (Pa) (Armstrong County). He married a Rebecca Sinclair (1849 - 1924). They had several children, one was my Grand-Father Samuel Emery. I don't know who John David's parents were and where they came from. Any info please E-Mail me.
- FOSTER posted by Darlene Duggan on Sunday, April 29, 2001
- Searching for any information about the three Foster sisters. Mary married Elija P. Cousins and lived in Butler, PA; Agnes married Anthony Coyle and lived in Kittanning; and Elizabeth married William Fritz and lived in Kittanning.
- COUSINS, COYLE, FOSTER, FRITZ posted by Darlene Duggan on Sunday, April 29, 2001
- Searching for anyone who knows about the above families. Joseph and Margaret Foster had three daughters. Mary married Elija P. Cousins and lived in Butler, PA. Agnes married Anthony Coyle and lived in Kittanning. Elizabeth married William Fritz and lived in Kittanning.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Armstrong County Genealogy Project
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project