- WALKER posted by Lee Jordan on Thursday, March 1, 2001
- We are tring to find info on my 3rd Great-Grandfather Abraham Walker he was born March 4, 1803 in Pennsylvania, possibly in Armstrong County. he later moved to Ohio and married Phoebe Meeks and then moved to Iowa
- SLAGLE posted by John Shearer on Friday, March 2, 2001
- LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS OF DANIEL MALCOLM SLAGLE BURIED IN PUTNEYVILLE CEMETERY STONE READS 1868-1935. HE WAS MARRIED TO EMMA C KOCHER ALSO BURIED THERE. STONE READS JAN. 6,1868 - NOV. 30,1925. THEY ARE MY GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS.
- SLAGLE posted by Larry Clever on Friday, March 2, 2001
- Daniel Slagle, b. MAR 1830, d. 3 MAY 1902 Armstrong Co, PA, m. 1851 to Anna Herring, b. 4 JUL 1833 Salem, Westmoreland Co, PA, d. 13 JUL 1905 Putneyville, Mahoning Twp, Armstrong Co, PA. Buried Mt. Zion Cemetery, Beautiful Lookout, Mahoning Twp, Armstrong Co, PA.
Daniel was the son of Benjamin Slagle, b. 1806 Northumberland Co, PA, d. 24 OCT 1851 Redbank Twp, Armstrong Co, PA, m. Christine Justina Dietrich, b. 13 JUN 1813, d. 8 MAR 1898. I believe they are buried in Ringgold Cemetery, Jefferson Co, PA.
- WEITZEL, WHITESELL posted by Ruth Heitzenrater on Saturday, March 3, 2001
- I would appreciate any help in determining the parents of Phillip Whitesell and his wife Magdelina Hoover who moved to Perry Twp , Jefferson Co. in the early 1800's. Could Nicholas Weitzel and Maria Magdelene Koenig be Phillip's parents?
- MURPHY posted by Joan Davy on Sunday, March 4, 2001
- I'm looking for information on Emmett C murphy b.7/20/1855 d.3/4/1908 married to Sara Jane Cunningham b.6/22/1858 d.4/15,1936.
- BROWN, WILSON posted by John Dalles on Monday, March 5, 2001
- Seeking info. re. Andrew Brown (born circa 1783?) who owned a large piece of property in Armstrong Co. and served "under William Henry Harrison" in the War of 1812. His daughter Jane Brown (born about 1800) married James Wilson (son of Margaret McCalmont and John McCalmont Wilson). James & Jane were the parents of Joseph P. Willson of South Fork who played a key role in warning about the Johnstown Flood. Joseph P.'s brother Andrew J. Wilson "machinist of Apollo PA" (8/23/1829-5/29/1911)is my ggg-grandfather. I have LOTS of information about the James Wilson anticendents--the McCalmont line going back to 1640s in Scotland and would be glad to share what I have.
- MCILWAIN, MOORE, PETRAS, REHAK, SPENCE, WOLFE posted by Jan Parker on Tuesday, March 6, 2001
- Searching for more information on THERESA PETRAS (1875-1957) married to JOHN REHAK (1869-1936) in 1896 in Ford City, PA. Children are: Jacob, Paul, Rose, Mary and John. Rose married John Erkens and Mary married ____ Berry.
- STEINER posted by John Steiner on Wednesday, March 7, 2001
- I am trying to locate information on the John A. Steiner family that lived on Orr Avenue in Kittanning. they had three children, the youngest being Paul. Does anyone have any information on this family?
- HIMES, HUM, HUME posted by Mary on Thursday, March 8, 2001
- Looking for birth record of my greatgrandmother, Catherine Hume, born app. 1822 in Armstrong Co., Pa. She was the daughter of Christian Hum (or Hume). Her brother was Christian, Jr. By the 1850 census it appears Christian, Jr. was now spelling his name Himes. Would also like the death record for Christian, Sr. and his wife?? Thanks.
- WELLS posted by Robert West on Thursday, March 8, 2001
- Request info on my grandfather, Harley Andrew Wells, as to his vital records. He owned property in Kittanning, Pa. His wife's first name was Minnie Alderman Wells (born 22 Jul 1885, died 10 Sep 1924) in Waycross, Ga. He married his second wife (Elva Wells) in Waycross,Ga. Do not know the date when he married his second wife. Sometime after their marriage they moved to "Kittanning, Pa" to purchase farm acreage.
- ANDERSON posted by Sandy Gardner on Saturday, March 10, 2001
- Searching for parents and siblings of SAMUEL ANDERSON who is said to have Been born About 1827 in Monroe Township, Clarion County, PA. I have been told, though, that there was no Clarion County at that time but it was part of Armstrong and Venango, thus my search in Armstrong County. Samuel died in Butler County October 22, 1904. Wife was Elizabeth Baumgardner. Any help is appreciated.
- EMMINGR posted by Wayne Miller on Sunday, March 11, 2001
- I bought some post cards at an Auction in Corry, Pa and there is a photo of Mrs Margaret Emmingr (I think hard to read). It is a photo of her and her husband. The photo was taken by Leister's Studio Kittanning, Pa. about 1910-20. You can have it for the shipping cost. I can e-mail a copy to you. I hate to just throw away a photo with a name on it. I have to many of my owne family with out names on them.
- CRAIG, NELSON posted by Treva on Thursday, March 15, 2001
- Looking for info on John D. Craig who married Angeline "Annie" Nelson. John died during the Civil War and Angeline abandoned the children, William, John, and Mary. Any info would be helpful and apprecitated. Thanks.
- BARRETT, SMITH posted by Debbie Candiotti on Friday, March 16, 2001
- I am looking for info on Rosanne Barrett who married George Smith about 1865. Rosanne and George lived in Armstrong Co. in 1870 census but moved to Sharon, Mercer County by 1880 census. Her parents were John and Catherine Barrett. Siblings were, Rachel, Thomas J., and Jane.
- PARKS posted by Katherine Parks on Friday, March 16, 2001
- Just started, looking for all info on Parks family in Parks township;also Parks family cemetary in old orig Parks farm land. Thanks
- LAWSON posted by Mark Heidenreich on Sunday, March 18, 2001
- I'm looking for the parents of Anna Jane LAWSON. It is possable that, she was born in Armstrong Co. she married James MANNER of Rayne, Twp. Indiana Co. Anna Jane LAWSON, 1856-1918. James and Anna Jane had 6 children; they farmed in Rayne Twp.and both died in 1918 in the flu epidemic. Any help would be greatly appriciated. THANKS Mark
- HEBRANK posted by W Smith on Monday, March 19, 2001
- Wolfgank Hebrank, may have lived in area of East Brady 1850-1853.Wife Catherine Nessler, Daughter Rose Ann, born 10 Dec 1852, Baptized at St Patrick's Church 10 Jan 1853 God parents Michael Nessler and Margaret Slogin.
- MILLER, WEST posted by James W Clark on Tuesday, March 20, 2001
- Looking for ancestors of my Gmother Lillian West Miller born 30 April 1875 in Brady's Bend.
- PUFF posted by Roger Northrup on Wednesday, March 21, 2001
- I am looking for a Mary Puff who married a John Thomas Harkins They had a son named John Thomas Harkins born 1886 Thank you for any information
- BEER, WHITMER posted by Leonette Steele on Friday, March 23, 2001
- I am looking for information on a George W Beer born in Nov 25, 1825 in Dayton, Armstrong, PA. Died 12/17/1906 in Clarion, PA buried at Mt Zion Luthran Church, Clarion County PA. Married Lucy Whitmer born Jan 18, 1829 place unknown, died July 7, 1890 and is buried same as George. George married second Mary J Adams born June 1846 and married 1/17/1893. I would like to know who his parents were and Lucy's. Thank you
- ERDICK, SIROCHMAN, UHRIN, VIDAS, ZEMKO posted by Pat on Friday, March 23, 2001
- Grandparents were Mike and Barbara or Margaret (Borka) Uhrin. Lived in Sagamore. I know granfather had a brother George who lived in NJ. Grandmother had sisters who had lots of children. My grandparents had 4 children. Any help in locating my relatives would be greatly appreciated. Grandparents are buried in Gospel Center Cemetary. Thank you.
- GUIHER, GUYER, MARSHALL posted by Rita McSorley on Sunday, March 25, 2001
- Looking for parents of ggrandmother. Her name was Esther Vermira Guiher(Guyer) born April 7, 1851 in Kittaning. Her mother's first name was Elizabeth; don't know the maiden name. Esther had a sister named Vina or perhaps Melvina. Don't know of other siblings...don't know Esther's father's first name. Most recent info is that he, __UNK___Guiher(Guyer), died in the Civil War and Elizabeth remarried a Robert Marshall. Is anyone else researching these people? Would love to connect!
Don't know gggrandfather's Civil War unit ...was there a local unit from Kittaning area?
Esther, at age 18, had moved to Wheeling, (WV)as a domestic servant by 1870 census data.
- DOUGHERTY posted by James Daugherty on Monday, March 26, 2001
- Looking for any information on John Robert Dougherty (b. June 2, 1850 in NY; d. March 1941 in Grove City, PA) and Matilda J. (Wathey) Dougherty (b. Aug 14, 1858 in Augusta, OH; d. Dec 5, 1934 in Grove City, PA). Especially interested in any info on John Robert's parents(John and Elizabeth Dougherty) and marriages regarding his children.
All his children were born in Kittanning, Armstrong Co. (except John Robert, Jr.--born in Parker Landing):
Lena E. Dougherty b. April 5, 1878
Henry "Harry" R. Dougherty b. June 23, 1880
Hattie W. Dougherty b. August 22, 1882
Edna J. Dougherty b. November 6, 1890
John R. Dougherty b. June 19, 1893
- MCGINNIS, MECHLING, SCHRECENGOST, TURNEY posted by Kathy on Monday, March 26, 2001
- I am trying to find out what happened to Jacob McGinnis married to Sarah Turney b.1788(her mother was a Mechling)they had a son Jacob in 1808.She later married John Schrecengost. My intrest right now is where did Jacob Mcginnis b.1780, come from and go to, also what became of the younger Jacob b.1808. Thanks, Kathy
- BLACKBURN posted by Edith Smith on Monday, March 26, 2001
- Looking for descendents of Benjamin Blackburn. He came to U.S. from England in 1849. Married Sarah Schofield who came on same ship. They had 5 children Benjamin Jr. John -Myers and 2 sons who died very young. Settled in Armstrong County near Freeport. Benjamins brother John came with him. Benjamin B 1826 D 1905. John B 1828 D 1901. Sarah B 1824 D 1900.
- KAYLOR, KOEHLER posted by Beverly on Tuesday, March 27, 2001
- I am seeking information on my ggggfather Aloysius (Alois) Koehler (Kaylor)who came from Germany with his wife Josephine in 1831 and settled in Freeport, Pa.
Children: Mary Elizabeth B. 1820, John Geo. 1822, Marianna 1823, Jacob 1826, Zazilia 1830, Christina 1833, Edward 1836 and Joseph 1838 (my link).
Most interested in finding grave site. Alois died in Freeport in 1846 and his wife in 1855. I know they were Catholic. Does anyone know any old cemetaries in that area where I could start?
- BONEY posted by Sharon Ecklund on Saturday, March 31, 2001
- Our family history has my great greatgrandfather moving from Armstrong Co. at a very young age. His name is Samuel M. Boney born 1824 he also had a brother named Frank. I do not have his parents names or any other family members names. He had an arguement with his father over the direction he plowed a field so he left home and came to Illinois and settled in Andalusia. Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Armstrong County Genealogy Project
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project