- EVANS, MERCER, STONE posted by Roxanne on Saturday, January 6, 2001
- I am searching for connections to the family of John Evans and Charity. John was born about 1795 and at some point moved to Redbank Township. He is listed in the 1830 and 1840 census. He was assessed taxes there in 1825. He had land he purchased in 1827 from David MERCER. He died about 1840 in Redbank Township. At that time he was living next door to a Peter STONE. He had the following children:
John B. (1825)
Robert (aft. 1831)
Peter (aft. 1831)
Thomas (1840) Rebecca
- BARNETT, HALFTEL, RUSHNECK posted by Joni Lee Barnett on Tuesday, January 9, 2001
- Hi, I'm looking for information on the families of both sets of my Grandparents. I'd really love to trace my family origins. But have no relatives living who know the family history.
- KORNAS, VOYTOVICH posted by Jeffrey Meyer on Wednesday, January 10, 2001
- I am looking for the family of Alex Kornas who married Johanna Voytovich sometime between 1910 and 1914. In 1918 they were living in Ford City. They had at least 3 children John, micheal (1918) & pauline (1923. Johanna also had at least 2 from a previous marrige (Helen & Mary). Any info would be helpful.
- MOORE, RUDOLPH, SEBRING posted by Kathy Aul on Wednesday, January 10, 2001
- Looking for info.on Alexander Norman Moore (Jiggs) who lived near NuMine Pa. I know he had 2 sons, Paul (my grandfather)1908-1964, married to Yevetta RUDOLPH. Delbert (never married). Two daughters, Hilda and Ester. I think is was from Cherry Tree, I was told he was buried there but, I can't find him. He was married to Molly SEBRING.
- ENRICO, JANKOWSKI, OLIVER, VARNI posted by Vikki Jankowski on Thursday, January 11, 2001
- Most of my relatives resided in West Leechburg. Which courthouse would I contact to get information regarding their naturalization, etc? Would it be Greensburg or is there one closer?
- GREEN posted by Brian Green on Thursday, January 11, 2001
- Rebecca Green appears as head of household of a family of males and females in the 1830 Census in Sugarcreek Township. The area is below Parker, PA on the Allegheny River upstream from VanBuren and Wattersonville. Looking to find descendants of other children. I believe my line comes from son age 5-10 in the 1830 Census
- MCGARVEY, SMITH posted by JoAnn Davis on Friday, January 12, 2001
- My GGGrandfather was Willism McGarvey bone in Donegal Ireland in 1800, Married to a Margaret SMITH, children were Mathew Smith McGarvey, Martha, John J, William(my GGrandfather) Nancy & Robert. John was know to live in Sugar Creek Township around 1844. My GGrandfather moved to Johnstown area. If anyone knows of this family i would appreciat any inf, I do not have much but will share what i have.
- SHICK, STONE posted by Buddy Burkett on Saturday, January 13, 2001
- Does anyone have any info on Peter and Eva Stone. Where they lived, any of their children and possible burial sites. I am descended from a daughter Elizabeth Ann Stone who married Samuel Franklin SHICK.
- COCHRAN, GIBSON, REEDY, RUPP, WALLS posted by Kim Meza on Saturday, January 13, 2001
- Does anyone know the location of the following Cemetery? Old Mateer/Old U P (United Presbyterian)/ White Cemetery Somewhere in the Boggs Township/Goheenville Township area. My GG grandparents are buried in this cemetery. Any information would be helpful.
- MINARCIN posted by Marlene Shake on Saturday, January 13, 2001
- Seeking information on a Minarcin family. John Minarcin born Feb. 15, 1884 Trangzacny T.C. Other family names: Josef (born 1854, died 1938), Steve Minarcin (1890-1948). Lived in Ford City, (Armstrong Co.) PA.
- STONE posted by Janet McGuire on Sunday, January 14, 2001
- Hi, my ggg granfather was Jacob. Jacob was born in approx. 1800 in Bedford Co. Jacob had four brothers, Peter, Michael, John and William, so you may be descended from that Peter. Jacob was living in Bedford in 1818 and in Kittanning, PA by 1837. These men's father may have been John. Why don't you contact Beford County to see what they may have. Get back to me if you find anything. Thanks.
- CRAIG, STONE posted by Pete Peterson on Sunday, January 14, 2001
- Eva Stones maiden name was CRAIG. That might help a little.
- MARSHALL, SWAN posted by Edward Smith on Monday, January 15, 2001
- Looking for any information on the SWAN family, supposedly in Kittanning prior to the Civil War, maybe before 1850. My g-grandfather William Swan Marshall's mother was Martha Jane Swan, married to Samuel MARSHALL. Both were born in Cumber Parish, Londonderry, Ireland. They supposedly lived in Kittanning prior to buying a farm in Bakerstown, West Deer Township, prior to 1850. William Swan Marshall made frequent trips to Kittanning, which supports the theory that the Swan family of his mother lived there.
My grandfather John Daniel Smith, first married Rebecca M. Swan. After her death he married her cousin Clara Ellen Marshall (my grandmother).
Can anyone provide more information on the SWAN family, or direct me to local places to search? Thanks for your help.
- FRANTZ, MCKILLIP, SHAFFER, SHICK, STONE posted by Bob Buckler on Thursday, January 18, 2001
- The summer 1999 issue of the Armstrong County Genealogy Club Quarterly, page 2, gives an extract of Peter Stone's will:
Stone, Peter of Redbank Township, Armstrong County Pennsylvania
"Beloved wife Eve; mentions that the 50 acres sold to John Evans but not conveyed is to be conveyed, confirmed and assured to said Evans by deed. Appoints Eve Stone and Henry Freas executors. Written 15 June 1835. Witnesses:
Matt. MCKILLIP and Samuel SHICK, Jr.
Peter X Stone (his mark)
Registered 8 July 1841
Also, from the Fall 1999 issue, page 4, (from a piece I submitted), there is a Mrs. Agnes Stone b. April 8, 1862 daughter of Hiram SHAFFER and Mary Ann FRANTZ.
- CARMODY, ELDER, HECKEL, MOHN posted by Shelba Davis on Friday, January 19, 2001
- Mina L. Heckel, b1883 , dau of Mary Jane (Elder) Heckel married (1) _____ Carmody (2)____ Mohn. Her brother Louis Philip Heckel married _____ Mohn. They all moved from Armstrong Co. to Los Angeles/Santa Monica area, CA, prior to 1914. Need given names, births, deaths, marriages, etc. for Mina's husbands and Louis' wife.
- CHESNUT, CHESNUTT, CHESTNUT posted by Rhonda Chesnutt on Friday, January 19, 2001
- I am looking for the following family. Can anyone help me?
Descendants of Thomas Patton Chestnut Generation No. 1
1. Thomas Patton1 Chestnut was born 1875, and died 1936 in Armstrong Co., PA. He married Ada E. Farster. She was born 1881, and died 1957 in Armstrong Co., PA.
More About Thomas Patton Chestnut:
Burial: 1936, Cochran Cemetery, Pine Twp., Armstrong Co., PA
Occupation: Farmer and Railroad employee
More About Ada E. Farster:
Burial: 1957, Cochran Cemetery, Pine Twp., Armstrong Co., PA
Children of Thomas Chestnut and Ada Farster are:
2. i. Robert Roy2 Chesnutt, b. September 30, 1902, Mahanoy or Mahony, Schuylkill Co., PA; d. October 22, 1989, Rochester, MN.
ii. May Chestnut, m. William "Bill" Wilkerson.
iii. Violet Chestnut, m. Joe Cummings.
iv. Carl Chestnut, m. Leona Unknown.
v. Fred Chestnut, m. Kathryn Unknown.
Generation No. 2
2. Robert Roy2 Chesnutt (Thomas Patton1 Chestnut) was born September 30, 1902 in Mahanoy or Mahony, Schuylkill Co., PA, and died October 22, 1989 in Rochester, MN. He married Garnett Ruth Adams November 08, 1928 in Pennsylvania, daughter of Clark Adams and Bessie Shaffer. She was born September 29, 1906 in Templeton, Armstrong Co., PA, and died January 23, 1990 in Rochester, MN.
More About Robert Roy Chesnutt:
Burial: Rochester, MN
- CROYLE posted by Don Fleeger on Sunday, January 21, 2001
- Christina Croyle, born about 1843 at Brady's Bend.Any info will be helpful.
- EVANS, STONE posted by Roxanne on Sunday, January 21, 2001
- I have been researching your Peter Stone and Eva, looking for connections to my ancestors. Peter Stone conveyed land to my ancestor, John EVANS. They lived next door. I have a plat map that shows this area of land. My John Evans named one of his children: Peter Stone Evans born 1837. I have been wondering if Peter Stone may have been Charity's father???
Peter Stone is listed in the 1810 Census pg. 404; 1820 Census pg. 285; and 1840 pg. 75 all the Redbank Township, Armstrong County.
Chapter 7 of the Smith Project, Redbank Township references Peter Stone and a story about his distillery. This is on-line.
1808 tax list farmer 200 acres, paid tax of $1.06, had cattle.
1840 Census lists 1 male 15-20; 1 male 20-30; 1 male 70-80; 2 females 20-30; 1 female 60-70.
- SLOUGENHOUP, SWEITZER, YINGLING posted by Deborah Walsh on Sunday, January 21, 2001
- I am looking for a connection of these families who apparently knew each other in Maryland and came to Armstrong/Clarion Co in the early 1800's. I am looking for a Jacob Slougenhoup/Saughenhaupt b. 1805 in Cherry Run who married a Mary Switzer. I am trying to find Yingling/Sweitzer connections from MD also. Any info would be appreciated.
- BOOHER, BUCHER, WYANT posted by Larry Scott on Tuesday, January 23, 2001
- Searching for info on Frederick Bucher/Booher who was married to Elizabeth Wyant and migrated to Armstrong Co in 1832 from Bedford Co along with his sister Christeena who was married to Martin Wyant. Frederick had sons Jacob and Bartholomew (and possibly also Henry) and also two daughters (according to the 1830 Bedford Co census)unknown names.He is not in the 1850 census so presume he may have died prior. Is there a list of Booher/Bucher/Wyant who may be buried in the St Mark's Cemetery near Adrian? Some of subsequent generations are supposed to be buried there. Another mystery for me is a Catherine Bucher age 40 in the 1850 Sugarcreek Census with 4 children under 14 yrs of age. Their names are: Mary A.14y, Daniel 9yr, Christina 5yr, Hiram 2 yr.(I have a theory that she may be a second wife of Frederick - possibly Elizabeth's sister who may have come to Armstrong Co. with them.) Can anyone help me prove or disprove my theory?
- BURNS, PHILLIPS posted by Janet Donnel on Thursday, January 25, 2001
- Looking for family of Dorothy Louise Burns born October 19, 1924 in New York City, adopted by Leon and Muriel Cochran Phillips. The family lived in the Apollo, Vandergrift, Six-Points areas. Leon and Muriel had a natural daughter 4 yrs after Dorothy was born named Twila Phillips. Dorothy is now suffering memory loss and has never discussed her adoption with her children. The children would like to find her blood relatives for medical purposes and would love to know if they have any blood relatives belonging to Dorothy. Her adopted mother and father and sister are buried in the Apollo/Riverview Cemetery.
Any help from anyone knowing the family or history of Dorothy Louise Burns would be most appreciated.
- BOOHER, FRICK posted by Christina Gardner on Friday, January 26, 2001
- I'm just starting on my research in Booher family, so can't really help. Just can say that my gg John Wesley FRICK married an Anna BOOHER. They were from the Allegheny County/ Apollo area. Again, any info welcome.
- BOOHER, BUCHER, FRICK posted by Larry Scott on Friday, January 26, 2001
- In my files I have John W FRICK married abt 1870 to Evaline Booher b abt 1854. She was daughter of Jacob Booher s/o Frederick BOOHER/BUCHER. Do these dates seem right. Also have Ann Booher with unknown husband, and a Rosannah b 1864 with nothing more re marriage. Have quite a bit of info on Armstrong Co Booher/Wyant families if there seems to be a fit contact via Email.
- CRAIG posted by Treva on Saturday, January 27, 2001
- Looking for info on John Craig and his wife, Mary "Polly" UNKNOWN. They had 7 children and purchased a farm in 1821 in Armstrong Co., around Whitesburg, PA. Any info would be appreciated.
- BRIDGES posted by Susie Krasky on Saturday, January 27, 2001
- I am looking for information on Richard Bridges who was listed on the 1830 census for Buffalo twp., in Armstrong county. I would like to know who he was married to and his children.
- BECK, RUGH, THOMAS posted by Darlene Beck-McCallum on Sunday, January 28, 2001
- Searching for info on Daniel Beck b. 1818. We think he inigrated to Armstrong County From Germany. Married SUSAN RUGH in 1842. Had 5 children ANNIE CATHERINE b.1844,HARRIET b.1846,JACOB OBIDHA b. 1848,JEREMIAH WICKS b. 03-04-1850[my gg grandfather] Henry 06-05-1852. LEMUEL COSTEN [Jeremiaha' son] [my g grandfather] married AMELIA THOMAS b. 9-20-1846 married either 12-8-1873 or 1-8-1874, They moved from Armstrong County to Gardner Hill, Weedville, Pa Elk County in 1883
- PATRICK posted by Gail Stevens on Monday, January 29, 2001
- I am looking for any information on the families of John, James and Robert Patrick who lived in Kittaning, PA in the 1800's.
- DEUNGER, DUNGER, UNGER posted by Donald D'Unger on Wednesday, January 31, 2001
- Looking for Henri, Robert, David, and John. Early 1800's
- GOLDEN, TRUXELL posted by Ronda Leggett on Wednesday, January 31, 2001
- Looking for William GOLDEN b. 1806. He married Catherine Mary TRUXELL b. 1817. Both were born in Virginia. They were listed in the Freeport, Armstrong County 1850 census.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Armstrong County Genealogy Project
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project