- KING, KOENIG posted by Bob McCabe on Friday, December 1, 2000
- Looking for information on Mathias and Eva Christina KING. They are buried in St. Michael's Lutheran Church Cemetery in Burrell Township. Mathias died on July 31, 1810 and Eva Christina sometime after November 24, 1811. I would appricate someone performing a look up in the 1810 Census for the Mathias and Eva Christina KING
- DAUGHERTY posted by Margo Armstrong on Saturday, December 2, 2000
- I have an Andrew Daugherty of Westmoreland co pa 1816-1903 wed to Sarah Albert. I am trying to find his father and noticed this:
An Andrew Dougherty b Bedford co C1765 d Armstrong co 3/20/1845 resided in Ligonier Valley Westmoreland co from childhood to 1823 then Armstrong co in Allegheny twp and later Wayne twp. Rev war pension W 2076. He wed in Ligonier Valley 8/1795 to Sarah WOLF who was living in 1850. The pension mentioned 3 children John and Jacob twins b 3/23/1796 and Elisabeth b9/28/1797 and mentions no other children but it is the right area and time from for a son Andrew.
Did this Andrew have any other children? Did he have a son Andrew????
- GUTHRIE, LYDICK, MCCASLIN, MCCAUSLAND, MCLEAN, WILSON posted by Pattee on Saturday, December 2, 2000
- Searching for descendants of David McCAUSLAND and Margaret Jane GUTHRIE's son James McCASLIN and Sarah DODDS who married in 1837. Their chlidren were Thomas D. McCASLIN married Mary E., Amanda M. McCASLIN married James Duncan McLEAN, Margaret Jane McCASLIN married William McKee WILSON, Sarah Emiline McCASLIN married Silas Clark LYDICK. David and Margaret McCAUSLAND and James and Sarah McCASLIN are buried in Armstrong Co., PA.
- THREET posted by David Threet on Saturday, December 2, 2000
- Seeking information about the Kaiser cargo plant that was located at Bristol PA in the 1940s. I had an aunt who worked there. Her name was Nurie THREET. a.k.a. as Mary by her friends. She moved from Celina, TN to Bristol PA during the WWII era. We lost contact with her, but believe she married and move to either Trenton or Clinton New Jersey. If anyone has knowledge about the Kaiser plant that made air plane parts, or the person mentioned, please contact me.
- BRODY posted by Elizabeth Brody on Sunday, December 3, 2000
- Looking for info on BRODY family 1920 Thomas, Dominic Catherine, Mary,Harry , possibly Alice. Believed to have lived in a town called Sagemore
- POCHIBA, POCHYBA posted by Kathleen Anthony on Sunday, December 3, 2000
- I am researching my family name of Pochiba. I have come across 2 Steve Pochiba's living in the Leechburg area on the 1900 census. Does anyone know anything about this or about these men? My grandfather did not come to the US until 1912. I have also found a Pochiba family living in Mahoning Township, Armstrong County on the 1920 census. It is not my grandfather. The names were Mike and Elviga Pocheiba. He was a coal miner and had two daughters, Mary 5 and Stella 3. If anyone can help me sort out these people, please e-mail me. Thank you!!
- RITZ, WISE posted by Carolyn Frazee on Sunday, December 3, 2000
- Solomon RITZ was born ca 1780-85; married 1808 to Mary WISE in Washington Co., MD. They both died very young leaving 3 children orphaned, including my gr. gr. grandfather, Daniel RITZ. Trying to locate Solomon's parents. Suspect they lived in PA. since so many RITZS did live in PA. Think they may have lived in a PA. county such as Armstrong Co. and when Solomon reached adulthood he moved to MD. Thought someone searching thru wills &/or estate papers may have come across my Solomon.
- KING posted by Michelle on Tuesday, December 5, 2000
- Looking for information on Josiah and Malissa King. Josiah b.1861 d.1923. Buried in St.Matthew Lutheran cemetery in Rockville (Ford City area)
- BLACK posted by Janet on Tuesday, December 5, 2000
- In looking over the obits of my grgrgrandfather and his son Samuel C. BLACK, I find that they are buried in a family plot in the Leechburg Cemetery. If someone lives near this place and can look for information on these and other BLACK family members at the Leechburg Cemetery, please contact me. William was born 1826 and died 21 July, 1917. William's wife was Mary. Samuel was born Feb 1851 and died 10 Sept, 1924. His wife's name was Amelia
- YERTY posted by Merle Yerty on Tuesday, December 5, 2000
- To Jane Nearing about Yearty posted Nov 1,2000. Leah Yearty married to Darius Robinson Leard. Contact me with obit data and I will give you parents and siblings names.
- STEINER posted by John Steiner on Saturday, December 9, 2000
- I am looking for information related to John A. Steiner and his children, Joseph, Paul and Cellia (may be Cecilia). John's wife was named Margaret. They lived in Kittanning near Orr Ave. I believe Paul passed away in 1998. I found John and Margaret in the 1910 Miracode Index with Joseph. I would like to know of any family members dece ding from the family.
- MCELHOES, MCLANAHAN, MOORHEAD posted by Vernon Cook on Sunday, December 10, 2000
- Seeking information on Descendants of Robert McLanahan posssibly connected to the Armstrong County McLanahan's
1. Robert1 McLanahan was born ca 1800, and died 15 May 1856 in Center Twp., Indiana Co., Pa. He married Nancy MOORHEAD 07 Jun 1827, daughter of Joseph MOORHEAD and Jane MCELHOES. She was born Bef. 1808 in Indiana Co., Pa, and died 03 Jan 1846 in White Twp., Indiana Co., Pa.
Notes for Robert McLanahan:
Indiana Progress 20 May 1856
On Thursday last, in htos borough, MR. ROBERT McLANAHAN, aged about 56 years, leaving a large family and circle of friends to mourn his sudden and unexpected death.
Notes for Nancy Moorhead:
Died age 40. [Early Pa Deaths] Treasurers of the Past. Connie Currie site.
More About Robert McLanahan and Nancy Moorhead:
Marriage: 07 Jun 1827
Children of Robert McLanahan and Nancy Moorhead are:
2 i. Thomas2 McLanahan, born Unknown.
3 ii. Robert McLanahan, born Unknown.
+ 4 iii. Isabel Moorhead 'Belle' McLanahan, born 1829 in Indiana Co., PA; died 1915 in Indiana Co., PA.
+ 5 iv. William McLanahan, born 1834 in Moorhead farm, Indiana, Indiana Co, Pa; died 03 Jan 1904 in Moorhead farm, Indiana, Indiana Co., Pa.
+ 6 v. Elizabeth McLanahan, born 15 May 1842 in Indiana, Indiana Co., Pa; died 12 Feb 1924 in Monroeville, Pa.
7 vi. John McLanahan, born 16 May 1845 in Indiana Co., Pa1,2; died 08 May 1899 in Indiana, Indiana Co., Pa. He married ? Litttle.
Notes for John McLanahan:
John McLanahan- A member of Friend's Rifles, a company which left Pittsburg when the State quota was full and went to New York, where they became a portion of Sickles' brigade. John was subsequently appointed Brigadier General in the Pennsylvania National Guard and commanded a brigade of Pittsburg soldiers. He was a son-in-law of ex Mayor Little. of Pittsburg.
More About John McLanahan:
Burial: Oakland Cemetery, Indiana, Pa C-66
Military: Captain 86th Regiment NY Vols.
8 vii. Julia McLanahan, born 1845 in Indiana Co., Pa; died 03 Aug 1880 in Indiana, Indiana Co., Pa.
More About Julia McLanahan:
Burial: Oakland Cemetery, Indiana, Pa C-66
9 viii. Albert McLanahan.
- OILER posted by Jim Oiler on Friday, December 15, 2000
- Looking for Samuel Oiler: A civil war soldier a member of the 103 Pa infantry. He was captured April 20, 1864 and sent to Andersonvill prison where he died on August 24, 1864. I am trying to establised possible ancestry. Of course, and help would be appreciated.
- GALBRAITH, SHIRK posted by Sue Behrens on Saturday, December 16, 2000
- Charles Shirk married Sarah Galbraith on January 11, 1838, in Armstrong County. Sarah was born 8/15/1815. Charles was born 12/23/1816 in Centre County. Any info on either of these two would really be appreciated.
- HOLLOBAUGH, HOLOBAUGH posted by Melinda Moose on Saturday, December 16, 2000
- Thanks to all who have answered any of my requests. I finallyhave a line to follow.However I could still use a little help. My Greatgrandfather had died in 1904 in a mining accident. I finally found proof of that and a date. Which leads to an interesing thing. The information lists him as Mike L. Holobaugh born Kittanning Pa. date unknown , died 5-5-1904 mining accident Big Run, buried in Kittanning. WHERE??????
Does anyone have any information on him? also he did have several sisters/brothers
Goldie died infancy
Walter married Nellie?????/ later Anna Cousins had 1 child Connie
Ethel married Fred Byers 4 children
Donald married Grace Carney (MY GRANDPARENTS)
Dollie (Twin to Don) Died at 9 months
I need information on Walter Hollobaugh
Ethel Hollobaugh Byers
Michael (Don) Hollobaugh They would have been raised with children with the last name of Lowmans and Grates also, as my Greatgrand mother remarried .
- CARNEY posted by James Carney on Sunday, December 17, 2000
- In reference posted by Melinda Hollobaugh: Grace Carney was my fathers sister,fathers name was Forrest Howard Carney,had 2 brothers Jack,and Ed Carney. Georgia panina Lydick was Graces mom,and Raymond Carney was Graces dad.
- SHICK posted by Buddy Burkett on Tuesday, December 19, 2000
- Does anyone have info on the following Shicks whi lived in Redbank Township:
Nora Shick married to a Campbell
Emma Shick married to a Henderson
Calvin Shick married unknown
Homer Shick married unknown
these were all brothers and sisters or half brothers and sisters. parents unknown would be from the 1880 to 1910 for births Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- MYERS posted by Julie on Tuesday, December 19, 2000
- Is it possible that Elijah had a brother named Ephraim? I have a Frank P. Myers born in 1875 from Armstrong Co., Gilpin Twp., Leechburg. His father was Ephraim Myers. Frank married a Blanche Klingensmith and both are buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Leechburg. There are a lot of Myers buried there if this is some help to you.
- DERRY posted by David Derry on Tuesday, December 19, 2000
- I am trying to find information on William Edward Derry my GGGrandfather. He was born on June 3, 1833 in Armstrong Co., Pennsylvania. He later moved to Ohio (Befor 1869) where he married Ellen McIntyre. A biography of my GGrandfather says confirms this information and states that Williams father was a native of Pennsylvania and died there. Any information would be of great help.
- CHARLTON posted by Ron Buford on Wednesday, December 20, 2000
- Looking for any information on a William Charlton that was listed in the 1810 and 1820 U.S. Census for Armstrong County, Pa.
- ALLSHOUSE, KLINGENSMITH, MYERS posted by Paula Radwanski on Friday, December 22, 2000
- Searching for parents of George MYERS (b. ca. 1818 possibly Westmoreland Co., PA d. 23 March 1897 Gilpin Twp., Armstrong Co., PA buried Fork Cemetery) md. Esther (ca. 1824-1893), dau. of John and Magdelina (KLINGENSMITH) ALLSHOUSE, by 1843. They had children: Aaron J., Isreal, John, George W., Ephraim Pierce, Martha, Diana, Reuben Moses, Sino Eugene, Labanna Theo., Samuel Floyd, Esther and Magdalena. 1850 & 1870 living in Allegheny Twp., and 1880 in Gilpin Twp., Armstrong Co.
- SHAFFER posted by Dale Fowler on Friday, December 22, 2000
- Need info on Susannah Shaf(f)er b Northampton Co.,abt 1768, d abt 1818 Armstrong Co., 1st wife of Christain Rhodes they were married abt 1788 in Northampton Co.. They had I believe 10 children.
- MCAFOOSE, ROSENBERGER posted by Fred Rosenberger on Sunday, December 24, 2000
- Looking for parents of Philip Rosenberger and Anna Elizabeth McAfoose. They were both born abt 1821, were married in 1843. Philip was a Civil War veteran, cavalry.
- HARPS, HAYS, SMITH posted by Debbie Boaz on Wednesday, December 27, 2000
- Still searching for any descendents of Simon HARPS(1838-1933) and Margaret HAYS HARPS(1838-1921), daughter of Robert HAYES and Matilda WOLFE HAYES. Two known children were Ida, born abt. 1876 and Peter E. born March 1877. Peter had a son, Albert P. HARPS. Informant on Margaret's death certificate was Mrs. Maud HAMMITT. Please note new email address.
- HARPS, SMITH posted by Debbie Boaz on Wednesday, December 27, 2000
- I need help on a brick wall. Looking for any information on Rose HARPS SMITH, born abt. Jan/Feb. 1867 and married an unknown SMITH abt. 1885. Rose was enumerated with her father Simon HARPS and step-mother Margaret HAYS HARPS in the 1900 West Franklin township census as Rose SMITH. Rose had two sons, Burton SMITH born abt. 1894 and Elmer J. SMITH born abt 1897, both in Pennsylvania. Rose later married George W. WEYANT/WYGANT abt 1902. Rose died after Jan. 1956, possibly in Brookville nursing home. Would also appreciate any information on any children of Rose's. Please note new email address.
- PATRIQUIN, SNYDER posted by JoAnne O'Donnell on Thursday, December 28, 2000
- I am looking for anyone that might know of an orphanage in Armstrong County (possibly) Wayne township......My great grandmother is listed in the 1870 census as being in the ________ _____ St Orphans School. Her name was Charlotte Snyder.
- TEMPLETON posted by Helen Miller on Saturday, December 30, 2000
- Looking for any information about Phillip Templeton (about 1770-1826)and his decendants. He was a resident of Sugar Creek Township and served as County Commissioner in 1818.
- POSTLETHWAITE, POSTLEWAITE posted by John Charles Postlewaite on Sunday, December 31, 2000
- I have a picture of George Postlethwaite father of Henry, Turney, June, and Jim. The picture also is with his wife Mary Rupp. I really have no information other than identification of the picture by my deceased father Charles Agustus Postlewaite. I think many of my ancestors are buried in the cemetary at Glade Run. I have scanned the photo and also a photo of Beulah Goodhart wife of Henry Jay Postlewaite and scanned photo of Agustus Kirtland Goodhart and his wife. I would appreciate any information on the Postlethwaite line before George.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project