- YEARTY posted by Jane Nearing on Wednesday, November 1, 2000
- Leah Yearty, born 16 Feb 1862 near Cowansville, Armstrong Co., PA, any information, parent's name. Obit states left PA in 1885. Married to D.R.Leard.
- GRIMM, HOUSEHOLDER posted by Clifford Householder on Wednesday, November 1, 2000
- Ira Grant Householder married Margaret Wilda Grimm in Apolla,Penna about 1894,they had these children.Martha 1895,Ivy 1896,Myrtle 1897,Olive 1899,Rena 1902,John 1904,Marie 1906,Clifford 1908,and Edward in 1910.Clifford was my father and I believe he was born near Mateer or Brick church.Any input would be Appreciated
- GRIMM posted by Clifford Householder on Wednesday, November 1, 2000
- Margaret Wilda Grimm was the daughter of William and Margaret Grimm and was born about 1874 in or near Leechsburg,Pa.She had two brothers Albert and David and one sister Martha.She Married Ira Grant Householder about 1894,and died in Youngstown,Ohio in 1935,I would appreciate any input.
- HELM, TEMPLETON posted by Helen Miller on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- Looking for information on John Helm (1817-1896) and his wife Jane Templeton Helm (1820-1887). They were residents of Tidal. A stained glass window in the Tidal Presbyterian Church is dedicated to them. I am particularly looking for information on Jane's family. Any help would be appreciated.
- ERWIN, HAWK, LAVELY posted by Kathie on Saturday, November 4, 2000
- Interested in finding out more about a CHARLES FLETCHER ERWIN (2/27/1831-12/3/1902) and his wife, ISABELLA HAWK (b. 6/3/1829 in ?Lawsonham?, ARMSTRONG Co, PA, d/o MICHAEL HAWK and SUSANNA KEPPLE. From other online sources I have found information that indicates that Michael and Susanna were both buried in CLARION Co, PA.
I think this might be the family of my great grandfather, CHARLES FLETCHER ERWIN who was probably born in 1870 altho sources vary and I haven't been able to verify any of them.
Would appreciate any info anyone has on this family. I'm guessing that maybe my Charles moved to that area to be near his grandparents???
- MULLEN posted by Jamie B on Sunday, November 5, 2000
- Looking for info on John Mullen and wife Rebecca who lived on Terrace Avenue in Apollo. They raised their nieces Amy, Thelma, and Dorothy Snyder. When did they move to Apollo? What was his occupation?
- WILKEN posted by Huson Wilken on Monday, November 6, 2000
- Subject: Family history search My grandfather Herman Wilken came from Oldenburg, Germany. I have a wiskey bottle made by the Wilken Family of Alladin, Pennsylvania. By any chance was the family that operated the wiskey distillery related to my Grandfather Herman Wilken?
- VANDYKE posted by Judy Moecker on Monday, November 6, 2000
- William and Anna Barbra VanDyke were in Armstrong Cy when he died about 1807. Any info on family would be great!
- HOOVER, KINNARD posted by Kris Hocker on Monday, November 6, 2000
- I'm looking for information on Christian HOOVER, b.?, allegedly Armstrong county - d. aft 1865, and his first wife, Caroline KINNARD, b. ca. 1830-33, allegedly Armstrong county - d aft. 1865, probably Jefferson county.
They had four children:
1. Reuben, b. ca. 1854 - d. 1900, mar. Emma COLEBURN
2. Samuel Thomas, b. Feb 18 1857 - d. Aug 18 1930, mar. Victoria WALKER, b. Sept 9 1858 - d. Feb 12 1938
3. Simon Edward, b. March 1 1864 (Jefferson county), mar. 1902, WV Ida Christine WATSON
4. George, b. Apr 1865, mar. Anna MEADE
In the 1860 Census, Caroline, Reuben and Samuel were living with Catharine HOOVER on a farm in Henderson twp., Jefferson county, PA. By 1880, Reuben and Emma were living in Karthas twp., Clearfield county, PA. Samuel and Victoria were living in Burnside twp., Centre county, PA.
His second wife was Mary CONAWAY. They had 1 child:
1. Edith, b.?, probably Clearfield county
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
- MANY, MOHNEY posted by Clarence Shirey on Tuesday, November 7, 2000
- Does anyone have in their collections photographs of the children or grandchildren of Adam MANY/ MOHNEY, Sr. that have been named before under Armstrong Co. listing. Today, the area is Hawthorn, now Clarion Co. especially of the descendants of his sons: John, Isaac, or his twin Abraham's families? If so, kindly e-mail [small size] so that they can be seen in the message and not as an attachment. Kindly do so immediately for incl. in upcoming Genealogy on family.
- BURNS, ELGIN, HALL posted by Mary Hall on Thursday, November 9, 2000
- Searching for additional info on James Hall b. 1822/1825 in Ireland, husband of Mary Jane Elgin b.1834. They are both buried in Elderton Presbyterian Cemetary.Children: James (married Harriot Burns b. 1863), Eliza b.1861,William b.1862, Joseph b.1864,David W. b.1865, Mary J. b.1868,John b.1870.
- BLAKE, NOLF posted by Maureen on Saturday, November 11, 2000
- Adam NOLF b. 1833 d. 1899, wife, Elvina BLAKE b. 1839 d. 1906. Married by J. A. Truitte, JP at Putneyville, PA, Sept 4, 1856.
Children: Clara b. July 5, 1851, Harriet b. May 24, 1859; John b. May 23, 1861; William F. b. June 12, 1867; Clark b. March 5, 1869; Elmer b. March 16, 1872; Jacob b. March 23, 1876; adopted daughter Elvina Blake Nolf.
I am looking for parents of Adam or Elvina. Also, any current relatives to this line.
- NEAL, NEEL, NEIL posted by Kathie Young on Saturday, November 11, 2000
- I am looking for information on Michael Neel s/o William Neal All. Twp. Arm. Co.,PA. Michael had known sisters: Margaret Kiefer, Catherine Schall w/o John and Elizabeth King. Michael married Martha Heilman had children: Margaret married George W. Crytzer, Elizabeth m. John A. H. Crytzer, Tourney m. Alexandrina Reichert, Ella and Smith. Does anyone know if this William of All. Twp. is the brother of Smith Neal ?
- BEYER, NEAL posted by Kathie Young on Saturday, November 11, 2000
- According to the will of Asamus Beyer of All. Twp., Arm. Co., PA dated 24 Mar. 1836 he mentions his daughters Elizabeth and Susanna Neal. Leaves the legacy of his daughter Elizabeth to her children: Margaret Biraly, Abraham and William Neal. Does anyone have information on which Neals these sisters married ?
- ACRE posted by Chuck Acre on Sunday, November 12, 2000
- I'm trying to find more info on the Acre's from Armstrong Co. I show them from the Winfield area. Augustus Acre, born 1819 is the furthest I can find info
- GASTON posted by Mark Gaston on Sunday, November 12, 2000
- I am interested in info on a birth record of Frank L. Gaston (Gastan) He was born in Ford city 1901
- LONGSTRETH posted by Stacie Driscoll on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- Looking for any info on the Longstreth family, may have been in Leechburg,PA. Thanks!
- STEWART posted by Linda Watson on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- I am looking for information on the families of Martin and Margaret Stewart. They had a farm in the Rural Valley area. Martin passed away in the 1980's and Margaret passed away in 1976. Martin's name may have been Robert Martin. They had several children.
- NEAL, TORNEY posted by Kathie young on Tuesday, November 14, 2000
- Looking for information on Hester Torney d/o Daniel Torney and first wife of Michael Neel/Neal. children: Margaret Neel m. George Crytzer, Elizabeth Neel m. John Crytzer and Turney Neel m. Alexandrine Reichart.
- BELLAS, BELLES posted by Karen Zeigler on Saturday, November 18, 2000
- Searching for information on Olive Belles (could also be spelled Bellas) She is listed as living with the John Zeigler family in E. Franklin Twp., Armstrong Co. on the 1900 and 1910 censuses. She is listed as 4 years old in 1900 and born in Dec. or 189? (5 probably). In 1900 she was listed as John Zeigler's niece. In 1910 she was listed as "Niece Daughter". Not sure if she would be a niece of John or John's niece's daughter. John's sisters were Margaret Zeigler Tarr, Elizabeth Zeigler Goldinger, and Caroline Zeigler (unsure if she married or to whom) All help appreciated!
- BENN, CAMPBELL, POLLOCK, STEELE posted by Pegi Nelson on Wednesday, November 22, 2000
- Searching for information on the family of John and Elizabeth Campbell of Madison Twp, Armstrong County, a farmer believed to have lived in the Kellersburg area. Listed in the 1850 census were John 53, a farmer, property valued @$1,000, wife Elizabeth 52, children at home John 19,Robert A 17, employed as a wagoner, Charlotte 14 later married a Pollock, George 14, Luvinia 8, 2 daughters in Clarion County Margaret 22 later married Henry Benn, Ann 32 later married James E. Steele an innkeeper in Curllesville, their children were Elizabeth, John, Thomas, Frnaklin & Winfield. William also of Madison Twp 30, a carpenter and married to Jane 21, children Ruth, John, Elizabeth any help will be greatly appreciated email@example.com Pegi Males Nelson
- GIRT, STOKES, WEAVER posted by Martha Smith on Friday, November 24, 2000
- I am looking for information on the family of Jane Girt b. 4 May 1793 in Pittsburg, PA. She married Joseph Weaver in 1814. He died in Freeport, PA in 1868. She died 1851 but I'm not sure where. They had nine children. One of their sons is John Girt Weaver b. 1823 in Armstrong Co. d. 1898 also in Armstrong Co., PA. I have much info on the ancestors of Joseph Weaver but nothing for Jane Girt. Any help would be appreciated.
- BARR, SQUIRES, WISE posted by Mary Fleming on Monday, November 27, 2000
- Clarissa Wise Barr, daughter of Geo. W. Wise, Jefferson Co., lived in Worthington, 1864. By 1898 she had died, leaving a daughter, Mary B. md. Bruce Squires, living in Kingsville, Johnson Co., Missouri. Seeking contact with any descendants.
- BRIDGES posted by Susie Krasky on Tuesday, November 28, 2000
- I am looking for the parents of Hamilton Bridges. His dad might of been Hamilton also. He was born in 1861 in Armstrong county Pa. They moved to Ohio around 1865.
- CARNAHAN posted by Kristin Carnahan on Wednesday, November 29, 2000
- Thomas Carnahan - father of James Carnahan. Appears in Toby Twp Census records in 1820 and 1830. Believe was married to a Hannah unknown. Also believe he died in Madison Twp. Trying to find info on Thomas's parents, siblings, death date and cemetery if possible, etc.
- DAVIS, HALL posted by Ken Tessendorff on Thursday, November 30, 2000
- Hello, I have just discovered that one of my ancestors who was raised in Amrstrong county, PA was married to a man named DAVIS. Her maiden name was Ann J. HALL (Jennie). I would like to exchange information with anyone who might know anything about the children of this couple. I have information about her ancestors.
They were probably married around 1883 give or take a couple of years (unless DAVIS was not her first husband). I know she was still living in PA in 1940 and her name was DAVIS at that time, but don't know if she was still in Armstrong county in 1940. I would like to find the given name of her husband so I can trace the family through the census records. I also would like to know if she had any children.
She was still living with her parents in 1880 and not married, so I guess she would first appear in the census in 1900 with her husband.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project