- MATTHEWS, MCINTYRE posted by Ed Albert on Saturday, July 1, 2000
- Looking for my great-grandfather, Johnson MATTHEWS (aka Johnston Matthews, aka David J Matthews) of Armstrong County, probably in the Freeport area. The POB was verified by the death certif. for his son, Henderson McIntyre MATTHEWS. His DOB could be anywhere from 1830-1860, and his spouse was believed to be Mary MCINTYRE.
- ROBERTS posted by Ann Roberts on Monday, July 3, 2000
- Frank Albert or Frank Henry ROBERTS...his wife Carrie Ellen Roberts....she is to have died in Kittanning in January of 1932, followed six weeks later by Frank....need this information and hopefully the obituary for these two. Their children were still quite young, four survive and wish to know more about their parents....thank you for your help
- DAVIS, MCCOLLOUGH posted by Raymond Roberts on Tuesday, July 4, 2000
- Looking for Descendants of Isaac Nelson McCollough ISAAC NELSON MCCOLLOUGH was born May 14, 1883 in Butler, Butler County, Pennsylvania, the son of Sidney P. McCollough and Margaret (Maggie) Tinstman. He died November 04, 1952 in Kittaning, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. He was married to VIRGINIA DAVIS.
ISAAC NELSON MCCOLLOUGH was a salesman for the Obade Candy Company.
Died from a coronary occlusion.
ISAAC MCCOLLOUGH and VIRGINIA DAVIS had two daughters. I know that he was a member of the Kittaning Masons Lodge and that he died on the sidewalk outside of the Lodge.
I have a great deal of information on his family that I would like to share. I am descended from Isaac's brother, Raymond.
- ANTHONY, MULLEN posted by J Heasley on Tuesday, July 4, 2000
- I am searching for info on the Thomas Anthony family in Armstrong cty. They immigrated from Ireland about 1853-54. They are in the 1860 and 1870 census. Bridget Anthony married Christopher Mullen in St. Mary's Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic church in 1875. Their first child, my gfather, John Mullen, was born in Colwell Furnace in March 1876. According to the census, both Chris and his parents, john and Catherine Mullen , were born in Ireland. I don't know whether Chris had siblings, and I don't know when they immigrated. I am looking for some record of the Anthonys and Christopher Mullen in Armstrong cty. The Anthonys after 1875, and Chris Mullen prior to 1875. Any help will be appreciated!
- BOCINIC, GALOVICH posted by Buddy Zeisweiss on Tuesday, July 11, 2000
- Anyone have any info on stepen galovich or wife theresa bocinic ? they lived in n. vandergrift early 1900s. children rose,joshephine,adam .my mother is searching any relations
- GRIM, GRIMM posted by Tammy Hudson on Tuesday, July 11, 2000
- Looking for any information on Harry and Minnie Grimm from Appollo.
- HOLBEN posted by Fran MacEwen on Wednesday, July 12, 2000
- I am looking for any info on the children of William F. (1866-1943)and Terzah (B. 1867) Copenhaver Holben. I located them in the 1900 census for Armstrong co. stating they had 5 children, 3 living. Rosie and William are 2, anyone know who the other child was?? Thanks in advance for any help.
- WHITACRE posted by JJ Whitacre on Thursday, July 13, 2000
- I am looking for information about John Whitacre.He was born 02/03/1798. Birth place? Died about 1880-1890 exact date? I think in Cowanshonwoe,Armstrong Co.PA and is buried at Slat Hill Cemetery? He was married to Elizabeth ? Place and date unknown. They had 7 childern (4 boys & 3 girls) only 2 names idenified (Joseph & William). I'm looking for any information you may provied about him and his family especially his childern.Thank you for your help.
- KAMER, OLINGER posted by Rick Kamer on Friday, July 14, 2000
- Ford City area. Alternate spelling for Kamer is Kaemer based on St. Mary's Catholic Church records of birth.
- HOLLOBAUGH, LYDIK posted by Sondra Rice on Sunday, July 16, 2000
- I am looking for information to put together my family tree. My grandparents were Michael Don Hollobaugh and Grace Elizabeth Carney. We have very little information on Michael as far as parents or anything, however, Grace's parents are Raymond Henry Carney and mother was Georgia Penina Lydik. They were married on August 26, 1930 in Kittanning Pa. They had approx 5 children which one was my father. My father died in 1998 in Sharon Pa. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- MCKINNEY, SNOW posted by Judy on Tuesday, July 18, 2000
- Looking for information on Samuel Snow born early 1800's...married Elizabeth McKinney. Samuel was from Brady's Bend. I have obit on Elizabeth. Any help will be appreicated and I will be happy to share what I have. Thanks
- WRAY posted by D Pratt on Tuesday, July 18, 2000
- Looking for Robert Sr Wray, Robert Jr Wray married to Ann? Gray, George W. Wray married to Mabel Baker from Shady Plain.
- HOOVER, MOORE posted by Larry Hoover on Wednesday, July 19, 2000
- Looking for Info on a Herbert Moore father of my GM Martha, M to a Clarence Hoover. I know Martha and Herbert lived in the Parker Area in the 1940's and early 50's. Martha 2nd marrage was to a Whelling and she used this name during the 40's and 50's when I knew her. Larry Hoover.
- RICHARDSON, STEFFY posted by Virginia Messick on Friday, July 21, 2000
- LDS website shows Ann Margaret Richardson, b 1835 Absalom Woodards, Armstrong Co PA. Was there an early settlement named for this A. Woodards? Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- JOHNS, PEARCE, PIERCE, STEFFEY posted by Kathy Walker on Saturday, July 22, 2000
- I have been researching the Steffey family. I would love to hear from anybody who recognizes this family.
Conrad b. about 1757 in VA
m. Anna Maria (Mary) b. about 1761 in VA
Jacob b. about 1783 in VA
George b. about 1784 in VA
Samuel b. about 1790 in PA (Greensboro, Westmoreland Cty.)
Susanna b. about 1803
Conrad b. 1816
Conrad Steffey b. 1816 d. about 1886 in Kiski Twp., Armstrong Cty.
m. about 1840 to Sarah Dunmire b. about 1822
Isaac L. b. about 1844
Jacob b. about 1846
Edward William b. 16 July 1850
Sarah A. b. about 1852
James b. about 1857
John b. about 1861
Elizabeth b. about 1865
Conrad was found in the 1880 census living with Edward in Westmoreland Cty.
Edward William married Mary Catherine Johns.
There were nine children.
- GIBSON, KENNEDY posted by Margie Harris on Sunday, July 23, 2000
- I am looking for information on the John A. Gibson family. John Gibson was the son of Levi and Jane Gibson of Plumcreek Twp. Armstrong Co. John and his wife (Mary Jane Kennedy Gibson) had three children, Martha, Margaret b. 1845 and William K Gibson. Margaret live with James Butler family after her mother died in Wayne Twp. I am trying to find who Margaret married. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- CARNEY, HOLLOBAUGH, LYDICK, MCMANUS posted by Melinda Hollobaugh on Monday, July 24, 2000
- Looking for any information on these names. They are mostly from Kittanning Area, Armstrong Co. My grandfather was Michael Don Hollobaugh, my father was Donald R. Hollobaugh. My grand mother was Grace Carney, my greatgrandmother was Agnes McManus. Can you help fill in any blanks?
- HAUPT, MOHNEY, SHICK posted by Clarence Shirey on Tuesday, July 25, 2000
- Where are they buried? Susannah, dau. of Adam G. MOHNEY & Maria "Catharine" (SHICK) born 23 Sept. 1845, died 28 May 1847, per her 1/2 brother's Bible records. Is she at Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery in Redbank Twp. Armstrong Co. beside her mother without a stone?? OR is she at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran and German Reformed [the "original" two congregational church] Cemetery at now Alcola, PA. [now Redbank Twp., Clarion Co. along Rte. 28]
Also, where is Maria "Elisabeth" (Mohney) wife of Jonathan HAUPT, buried who died after the birth of their son, Benjamin Franklin on 19 July 1844, baptized 6 Aug. 1844. at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran & German Reformed "Union" [meaning the two congregations shared the same building back then until the separation and Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran was built on up the road and across the bridge from now Hawthorn, PA. now defunct, but cemetery still exists along Walker Flat Road] Is she buried at Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran or perhaps at Alcola??
I've been thru both cemeteries many times and haven't located their graves, but feel many stones have apparently fallen and are sunken under the ground or else at Alcola, perhaps washed down the Redbank Creek in the many floods over the years. Has anyone ever found a stone for these folks??
In addition, many of the pioneer stones are missing or else they never had any.
- BARTHOLF posted by Larry Bartholf on Thursday, July 27, 2000
- I am the great grandson of George Bartholf Arrmstrong Co. Pa. 1869-1935 married to Mary Jane Mechling 1872-1952. I believe Georges father was also a George married to Caroline Waugaman. Any information on the older George ie place of birth, date of birth, parents names would be greatly appriciated.
- GILLESPIE posted by Mary Gillespie on Thursday, July 27, 2000
- I'm looking for information on David Gillespie, b. 1787, Ireland married to Rebecca Hays. His parents were John and Margaret (Chilies) Gillespie, John's father David. They came from Ireland around 1795. David and Rebecca's children are: Mary, Bettie , Elizabeth, John, William, Margaret, Robert, Sarah, Rachel, Fred, Rebecca and David. They were in Kittanning Twp. in 1815, Mercer Co in 1817. I know there are Armstrong County Gillespies and would love to find a link.
- LANKER, NOLF, WISE posted by Vanessa Nolf on Thursday, July 27, 2000
- I am looking for any information on Joseph and Margaret Lanker and their family. I am also looking for any information on Lettie Fianna (Wise) Nolf and her children, especially Charles Elsworth Nolf
- WILSON posted by Watson Wilson on Thursday, July 27, 2000
- The Smith Project-Chapter 10-Kiskiminetas-Part 1 has a list of tracts of land. One listed is Jonathan Nesbitt 346 acres seated by JOHN WILSON. Could this possibly be my GGG Grandfather JOHN WILSON who died in 1833? Or his son (not likely) who died in 1837. Any ideas on spouses or descendants or how to trace this settler would be appreciated. Watson Wilson
- SWANK, TREMELLEN posted by tom tremellen on Monday, July 31, 2000
- hello armstrong county..... i am a swank and tremellen researcher, looking mainly in cambria/westmoreland/somerset counties. it does appear that the swanks spilled over into armstrong county, but today, i am looking for my paternal great grandfather, william tremellen. i know a great deal about him after he settled in johnstown, but his prior life is still a mystery. i think that he was born in cornwall on 29feb1836 (his obit says that), came to the usa in 1850 and settled in bradys bend for a year or two, then on to michigan, illinois and perhaps kentucky before finally settling in johnstown before 1855. i have a small paper trail into michigan, and i have his death certificate, but most of the info i have about him is circumstantial or hearsay from family lore.. my question (finally) is this: does anyone out there have any reference made to a william tremellen from 1850 to 185 in bradys bend2? if everything that i have written down is true, he was only 14 when he came here. perhaps he stowed awan because i can find no mention of him on any ships lists. he must have kept his head down and followed the mining trail. as many from cornwall did. sorry for the length. i get windy sometimes.. thanks for your time... best...tom
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project