- COUSINS posted by Jack Cousins on Wednesday, March 1, 2000
- Looking for ancestors and descendants of Simon Cousins who lived in rural Armstrong county as late as the 1960's and possibly 1970's. Lived between Kittanning and Templeton..
- ANDERSON, ASHBAUGH, SLUSSER posted by Sylvia Kerr on Wednesday, March 1, 2000
- I was born in Armstrong County, Vandergrift to be exact We left when I was 5. I am in Wash.State now so it is hard to research. Any info gratefully received. S.Kerr.
- REEDY posted by Frank on Wednesday, March 1, 2000
- Interested in info on Barnard(or Barnabus) Reedy who lived in Armstrong County, Pine Township area, buried in Wayne Township, 1812-1922? Interested in his siblings and in particular who his parents were..
- LARGE posted by Duane Large on Thursday, March 2, 2000
- I am looking for any information about a John LARGE family who appear in the 1810 Census for Allegheny Township, Armstrong County, PA. I suspect that this family may be my ancestors and I am looking for additional information regarding them. I believe that family was living in Allegheny County at the time of the 1800 census. Since this particular John LARGE family does not appear in the 1820 Census for Armstrong or Allegheny Counties , I suspect that moved on west, possibly to the Licking and Franklin County, Ohio. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
- MCCORMICK, MEACHAM posted by Pati Blowers on Friday, March 3, 2000
- I am looking for information on the James MCCORMICK family of Armstrong Co. Does anyone know the names of all of his children.I am descended from Adam McCormick b.1838 Summit or Portage Co. Oh, his father Prob. George McCormick son of James. Esther MEACHAM married a James McCormick and her brother Cornelious married Rebecca McCormick. I think these may be siblings of George. Thank you for your help.
- COOK posted by Jesse Cook on Sunday, March 5, 2000
- Is there a record of an Armstrong County marriage of Conrad Cook to a woman named Elizabeth, time period 1795 to 1805?
- SHICK posted by Buddy Burkett on Sunday, March 5, 2000
- Does anyone have any info on Norman Earl Shick 1891-1944 Buried in Mudlick Cemetery. His father was Charles Shick and mother was Rebecca Kocher Shick. Who were his siblings? Anything on his mother or father? He was my grandfather, but died before my birth, so I knew nothing of him. He was married to Esther C. Shick, daughter of John Wesley Shick and Ellen Shirey Shick. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- MCGINNIS posted by Kathy Ufner on Monday, March 6, 2000
- searching for info on jesse mcginnis born about 1928. married rosana edwards born 1832. children were jacob henry, jesse caldwell, mary ann, catherine elizabeth, andrew jackson. found them on wayne co. census 1860. i dont know where they came from or who the parents were. will take any info. thanks kathy
- CHRISTMAN, CRISSMAN posted by Chris Miller on Tuesday, March 7, 2000
- I am searching for information on the parents of Joseph Crissman. He was born around 1847 and died in 1895. According to census records his parents names were Henry and Susannah. Also I am interested in John Christman who married Anna John around 1801 and made their home in the Washington and/or Sugar Creek Twp area. I believe he is the same John Christman who was one of the first elders of The Limestone Evangelical Church which was organized in 1824. If anyone has info on any of these people or the church it will be appreciated. Thanks, Chris
- BAUSTERT posted by James Bauste on Thursday, March 9, 2000
- I believe my grandfather William Baustert - died 7/18/1905 in Cook County, Illinois - married Effie Hertel in Cook County, Illinois 10/15/1890 -came from Pennsylvania. William and Effie had five children; Burt(my father), Fred (adopted by Harris family), Elanor (Moldt), Vivian (purkey) and Edity (Upton) Any leads gratefully received.
- BARTON, CROSSLEY, GILLIS, MCCUNE, SKINNER, SNYDER posted by Whitney McLaughlin on Friday, March 10, 2000
- Seeking any information regarding SNYDER family living in Clarion and Armstrong counties 1860-1917 and beyond. Henry Livingston SNYDER married Ann BARTON(?) and had 8 children:
1) Mary born @?, married Robert McCUNE
2) Fred A. born @ 1841, married Phoebe GILLIS
3) Kimber M. born @1843, married Mary Ellen OSBURN
4) Theodore Cassius born 1844, married Ella CROSSLEY and Isabel EXLINE
5) Charles born @1846
6) Clara born @1848, married Turney SKINNER
7) Henry A. born @1849
8) Laura born after 1849
Henry Livingston died before 1860. Ann was born abt1811-1818. The family was listed in the 1860 census in Madison Township, Clarion County. In 1870, some of the family is listed in Armstrong County (Pine and Valley Townships). Theodore and some of his brothers fought in the Civil War. Would appreciate any information regarding this family.
- BOYER, STORMER posted by Kenneth Stormer on Saturday, March 11, 2000
- I'm trying to find out about my grandmother Mary Anne Boyer who married Conrad Stormer Her father was George She had brothers Harrison,Noah and I know one sister Martha who married a Karr. Mary is buried in Greenwood cemetery in Indiana Pa. Any help appricated from Armstrong County.Pa.
- THOMAS posted by Ron Cornwell on Sunday, March 12, 2000
- I am seeking information on GERHART (GARRET) THOMAS who was born ca. 1805 and his wife was SOPHIA (SARAH). He was in Armstrong County before 1840. Also like information on JACOB THOMAS born ca. 1793 and JOSEPH THOMAS born ca. 1807. I am glad to share information with anyone on the THOMAS family.
- ELDER, HAGAN, HOURS, KRIEBEL, LAUFFER, RUMBAUGH posted by Shelba Davis on Monday, March 13, 2000
- Searching for information/descendants and data on children and family Bible of James Elder 1817-1898 and Jeanetta Hagan 1822-1903. They married 1839 near Hagantown,Perry Twp., present Clarion Co. Later moved to Hillville, Perry Twp.,Armstrong Co. and in late life to near Tarrtown, E.Franklin Twp. Both buried at Myers Patton Cem. Children:
ELIZABETH 1840-1878 md George Washington RUMBAUGH she buried Truby-Rumbaugh; he d LA (my ancestry have data to share)
SIMION 1841-1915 E.Brady; md Mary Latitia Conner
MARY JANE b 18944 d after 1920 prob Santa Monica, CA; md Nicholas HECKEL
REUBEN 1847-1864 d Civil War
SARAH EMILY 1849 -
LORENZO 1852-1858 bur Truby-Rumbaugh Cem
MARGARET ELLEN "Maggie" b 1854
NANCY EVELENE "Nanny" b 1857
LAVINIA OLIVET "Ollie" b 1860 poss.md CHURCH or CHURCHILL
Also need parents and siblings of JEANETTA HAGAN.
- CRAVENER, REMALEY, TURNEY posted by Earlene Nofzige on Tuesday, March 14, 2000
- Looking for additional information on MaryBelle Turney married James Milton Cravener in Armstrong County, moved to Canton, OH and then to Lawndale, CA Harriet Remaley married to David Cravener (James Milton Cravener's father).
- RUSSELL, SANDERS, SAUNDERS posted by Jim on Wednesday, March 15, 2000
- Im looking for information on Frank SAUNDERS (SANDERS). He was born in Armstrong couny on Jan 28, 1864. He moved to Pittsburgh and was married in Pittsburgh to Josephine RUSSELL on Sept 10, 1890.
- HILES, JONES posted by Carol Reed on Thursday, March 16, 2000
- My great grandmother, Sarah Mary Jones was raised by Peter Hiles in Armstrong, and I am looking for anyone who has information on the family. Carol Reed
- LIAS, TITTLE, WELLS posted by Deb on Saturday, March 18, 2000
- I am looking for the family of my Gr. Gr. Grandmother ELIZABETH ANN WELLS b. 1855 d. 1941 She was married to my Gr. Gr. Grandfather LEANDER EMORY LIAS b. 5/21/1848 d. 7/3/1893 ELIZABETH then married a MR. TITTLE and lived in Kittanning I believe. I need ELIZABETH'S parents and siblings and the name of her second husband, MR. TITTLE. Any help would be appreciated as I have not been able to find anything on this.
- JONES, MATTHEWS, SHARROW posted by Denice Klaiber on Saturday, March 18, 2000
- Looking for info on David Jones (born approx. 1826). Was married to Catherine ?. (born approx. 1830). They lived in Redbank Township. They had a son, Charles who married Susie Matthews, daughter of William Matthews and Elizabeth Sharrow in 1874. They lived in Mahoning Township. As far as I know, Charles was the only boy. He had at least 8 sisters.(According to censuses). Anybody that has any info they are willing to share, I would appreciate it. I would be willing to share, too. Thank You.
- ROOF posted by Rob Roof on Saturday, March 18, 2000
- Looking for imformation on William Roof that married Barbara Mikesell. William and Barbara had 4 children: William Harvey, Jane, Margaret and Laura. William Harvey Roof married Jenny Catherine Smail. William and Jenny had 5 children: William Burton, Robert Clyde, Milo Carl and Cora Ethel.
- MCGONIGLE posted by Sarah Wasiura on Saturday, March 18, 2000
- Trying to establish when and where my ggrandfather, BERNARD "Barney" MC GONIGLE died. I have found him in 1900 Census, West Franklin Township, Armstrong Co. He was 58 years old and a farm laborer living with John Callahan and family. He lists himself as married, but is not living with his wife, ALICE CRILLEY MC GONIGLE and their six children. Alice is in Clayville Borough, Jefferson Co. with all 6 kids. It is hard to read because it was written over, but it looks like she lists herself as Widow, married 17 years. Could anyone help me discover how to find out when and where Barney died? I have been going around in circles. Thank you so much. Sarah
- CAMPBELL posted by Floy Derry on Saturday, March 18, 2000
- I am searching for my GGGGrandfather John Campbell. He fought in the Revelutionary War in the Pa. Volunteers. He came fron Northern Ireland with his wife(unknown) who was from Scotland. I have traced back to his son Joseph who was born ?1790 and died 1850. He died in Buffalo Township. He had following children with first wife(unknown) Hannah born 17 Mar 1828 Pa. died 5 April 1871 Schuyler co. Il., Isabella born 1829, Margaret born 1834 Pa. died ?1871 Married Obadiah Richard Thompson 1 Mar 1849 in Columbiana County Oh., Rachel born 1836, and Elizabeth born 1838. With his second wife Elizabeth Hallobaugh born 1811, (no wed date. She later married Henry Roudebush in Pa. after Joseph died. Joseph and she had: Joseph Willison 1843(my GGrandfather), Lydia born 1844, Rosannah and Angeline(twins) born 1846. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated as I cant't find anything except a census record for Joseph.
- JACK, TRUBY posted by David Kifer on Saturday, March 18, 2000
- I am looking for information on the parents of Samuel Smith Jack (b. 8 Apr 1842, d. 10 Dec 1909), married (23 Feb 1865, Apollo) to Hanna Ulam Truby (b. abt. 1846, d. 27 Dec 1902). I found Samuel Smith Jack in the 1850 Census, at age eight years old, living in Kiskiminetas Twp ARMSTRONG Co with Head of Household Samuel Jack (age 21) and Catherine Jack (age 22). This implies that Samuel and Catherine started a family at the ripe old age of 12/13. I wonder now if Samuel and Catherine were siblings of Samuel Smith, rather than parents, raising their younger siblings after some kind of catastrophe taking both of their parents. Anyone have anything on this JACK family?
- MCANINCH posted by Linda McAninch on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- Just started my McAninch search.Do yu have any in Howell CO MO. Have to get a map an see where Iron Co is not to far husbands ggmother came from there.
- MCAINCH posted by Linda McAninch on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- Does any one have a James William McAinch in Mo.Just started our search and it seems like Armstrong co might have a few or at least descendents. Linda
- HENRY, LECK posted by Valerie Ohle on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- I am looking for information on the family of George LECK born Armstrong County PA ca 1840's, m. Sarah Henry (born Westmoreland County PA ca 1840's) in 1861. George was a farmer in PA, IA, and NE where he settled in 1867. We have no information beyond that given. We found one LECK listed on 1850 census and have requested lookup on same. Would appreciate any information that might provide leads to tracing these families.
- REMALEY posted by Bonnie Lee on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- I am searching for a REMALEY family that had a son killed in the Civil War. He was married to Lena Ann MCDONALD and they had one child, Clara Belle. Lena later married David COOK and Clara Belle was raised as a COOK, in Burrel Twp of Armstrong Co.
- BOWSER, CHRISTENSEN, CUREY, HILL, HILLS, KUNZ, LITTLE, MCANINCH, MCCRACKEN posted by Lorna Gilbert on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- HENRY McANINCH b. 1801 in Armstrong County PA m. ELIZABETH BOWSER b. 1804; five known children: NELSON, PETER (my great-grandfather), GEORGE, NANCY, SUSAN, all b. PA. Entire family appears in 1856 Jackson County, Iowa census; states all born PA and had been there "two years." So maybe they left PA in 1854 (if they went straight to Iowa) or at least sometime between 1845 (youngest daughter NANCY's estimated PA birthdate) and 1856 to show up on this Iowa census. Then the entire family shows up in 1860 Iron County Missouri census; father HENRY is a hotel-keeper. After 1860 I lose track of parents Henry and Elizabeth and daughter Susan. However, PETER McANINCH (my great-grandfather) and his brother GEORGE enlisted in the Union army, Civil War, in Jackson County Iowa in 1862; Also NELSON McANINCH shows up in Jackson County IA 1870 census married to MARGARET McCRACKEN, also b. PA (they had ten children)and NANCY McANINCH marries ORVILLE CURRENT in Jackson County Iowa also i! n the early 1870s. I also believe that HENRY McANINCH m. ELIZABETH BOWSER had daughters JANE McANINCH LITTLE and LAVINIA McANINCH KUNZ (not sure of Kunz spelling) and possibly another unnamed daughter, probably all also b. PA and possibly married in PA also, but that has yet to be proved. PETER McANINCH (my great-grandfather) and his brother GEORGE McANINCH ended up in Sioux County, IA where they raised their families; PETER married (1) ELIZA CUREY and had one son SHERMAN McANINCH; married (2)ROSA HILL/S and had two sons (one of them my grandfather JAMES HENRY McANINCH b. 1877 m. MARY aka ANN MARIE CHRISTENSEN) and two daughters. E-mail me at LGtex@e-mail.msn.com; I have lots of info I'm willing to share.
- AKINS posted by Larry Akins on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- I'm looking for information on James Alexander Akins b Jan 22 1851. He married a Mary or Martha Dunmire and had 11 children. According to my info his father was John Akins, who married a Martha E. (surname unknown). I'm trying to find if he had any siblings and I'm also trying to find John's siblings if he had any. James A. is buried in Edgewood Cemetary, Saltsburg, PA, as are many of his decendants. If anyone can connect with this let me know.
- BURNS, BYRNES, GALLAGHER posted by Linda Peters on Sunday, March 19, 2000
- Looking for John Edward Burns/Byrnes married to Mary Ellen Gallagher daughter of John Gallagher & Catherine Carney. John and Mary married in S. Bethlehem Pa in the late 1880's and moved to Edwardsville, Madison Co IL where John worked in the coal mines. My assumption is that he was also a miner in PA, but I have absolutely no information on him or her, except that they were Catholic and Irish. Linda
- BAKER, DAUGHERTY, ORRIS, VERNER, WELSH, WILSON posted by Patricia Homlis on Monday, March 20, 2000
- Am searching for William Daugherty born 1810 in Armstrong County. He was a tinsmith in Tarentum PA during his later years. He married Margaret Wilson who was born in 1814 in Allegheny County. Some of the surnames connected to this family are Baker, Kuhn, Hare, Orris, Welsh, Verner, and Fields. Both William and Margaret are buried in Prospect Cemetery in Springdale PA which is AlleghenyCo now. Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks
- BLAINE, PACKER posted by Ed Packer on Monday, March 20, 2000
- Anyone ever run across a "Moses Packer" born ~1770 whom married Mary Philips?
- RAY posted by Angie Shumway on Tuesday, March 21, 2000
- I am looking for information on HANNA JANE RAY born 1836 in Armstrong Co. She moved to the Jefferson/ Indiana County area bef. 1856. I'm looking for her parents or siblings. Any information would be great. I would love to exchange information. Thank you for your help. Angie Shumway
- RAY, REA, WRAY posted by Angie Shumway on Tuesday, March 21, 2000
- I am looking for Hanna Jane Ray (not sure of the spelling). She was born 1836 in Armstong Co. She married Charles Gahagen of Porter Twp., Jefferson Co bef 1856. My grandmother is unsure of the spelling of the last Her Grandma Hanna's last name but is positive it was RAY(RAE or WRAY). Is this Hanna Jane part of your family? I would love to exchange any information. Does anyone know who her parents or siblings were? Thank you for any help.
- MCMUNN, RUSSELL posted by Patrick Manning on Wednesday, March 22, 2000
- I just found out the name of my fathers dad and if any one can help me it would be appreciated. All i know is b.1-30-1910 d.2 -1954 he was from armstrong county. please help.
- ISEMAN posted by Steven Iseman on Wednesday, March 22, 2000
- I am looking for ANY information about my father. Homer Iseman Born in Pa. Feb,1920...Died 1989 My father didnt talk about his family much but he did say he had a sister. Because he was so tight lipped about this we dont know anything about the medical history of our family. Now it is VERY important that we find this imformation. I do have photos of his mother but sad to say I dont know her name. If anyone can help me please contact me.
- DEEMER, MILLER posted by Michael S. Caldwell on Thursday, March 23, 2000
- Seeking someone who may live near Boiling Springs Presby. Church in Kiski Twp. I believe I may have relatives buried there, named Deemer, Miller, Duncan, etc. Is anyone located in that area?
- MARSH, MILLER, SAXTON, SHEARER, STILES, STRAUSBAUGH posted by Sue Lyn Price on Friday, March 24, 2000
- I am looking for Joseph Miller b. 1857 d.1930 supposedly in Armstrong county. Family says he lived in Apollo at the time of his death and owned a farm that bordered Armstrong and another County, not sure which one, but so far no luck finding him. He married Sadie E. Strausbaugh b. 1863 d.1946 in Johnstown. Children were; Jess, Joseph, Elizabeth, Irene, Myron, George, Charles, James and Eva.
- HANKS, HOOKS, SMITH posted by Don Summers on Sunday, March 26, 2000
- I am looking for any info on Ann E. Hooks/Hanks (I cannot be sure about the spelling that was taken off an old will). Also looking for info on a Sarah Smith. The time period is 1860's 70's. These ladies are the daughters (or possibly) step-daughters of John Summers and Rebecca Summers of Armstrong county, Madison or Pine Township. John Summers died in 1870 and Rebecca in the 1880's.
- MARSH posted by Gene Marsh on Monday, March 27, 2000
- I am searching for decendents of Elijah and Mary Stremel Marsh who moved to Oakill,Ohio possibly from Armstromg Co. in 1857.William S. Marsh,Their oldest son and his wife,Rebecca Morehead,may have resided together at the timeand moved with them. Surely there must be some remaining decendents there.Please contact me if you have any information.Thanks,Gene Marsh,Elijah's GGGrandson.
- CLAYPOOL, WHITE posted by C. White on Tuesday, March 28, 2000
- Thomas (LeBlanc) White had a son James who had a son William. Thomas 1845-1935, James 1885-1959, William born around 1910 or after. Thomas was married four times so there must be many decendants out there. He supposedly froze to death moving his sawmill from one spot to another. The town of Whitesburg is mentioned in our oral history about him.
- COUSINS posted by Jack Cousins on Tuesday, March 28, 2000
- Looking for information about William Houston Cousins who was born at Stweardson Furnace after 1844. He was son of John A. Cousins and half-brother of William S. Cousins who lived in Oaklnd (Distant).
- ANTHONY, DUFF, LAVELY, MOORHEAD, WHITE posted by Kathie on Wednesday, March 29, 2000
- Does anyone have info on a JOHN DUFF who moved to ARMSTRONG CO from WESTMORELAND CO c. 1840. He would have likely been one of the early teachers in the area along with my ancestor ISAAC SMITH LAVELY. Obit on Isaac states that the two of them moved to ARMSTRONG CO together when they finished teacher's college. Looking for area in Westmoreland they were from. ISAAC SMITH LAVELY married REBECCA ANTHONY in 1860 and her family, too, we believe to be from WESTMORELAND CO. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
- HOOKS, MILFORD, ODONNELL, SMITH, SUMMERS posted by Don Summers on Wednesday, March 29, 2000
- Time period is mid 1800's (1860-1880). I'm looking for any info on Mary (O'donnell) Thompson, wife of Robert Thompson. Ann Eliz. Hooks (or Hanks), Sarah Smith, Charity Armstrong or Milford. All the girls were sisters or step sisters or a mixture of both....the parents are John and Rebecca Summers of Armstrong Co., townships Pine, Monroe and Washington. Thanks!
- CROWLEY posted by Cindy Burns on Wednesday, March 29, 2000
- I am looking for information on a woman named Mary who came from Ireland around 1850 and settled in Brady's Bend where she married Cornelius Crowley and then moved to Johnstown. This information is from her obit so I have no idea what her maiden name would be. Thanks
- SPONG posted by Patti Walker on Thursday, March 30, 2000
- looking for any info on Henry Spong (Spon,Spawn), I have located him in the 1850 Armstrong census, and he fought for the Union Army in the 103rd, died at Andersonville, Ga in 1864. Looking to find out if he had a wife and children.
- BRUNER, GAMBLE, KERR, TANTLINGER posted by Linda Kleback on Thursday, March 30, 2000
- Trying to learn more about the children of Adam BRUNER (1845-1928) and his wife Sarah Ellen KERR (1848-1930): Mary M. b. abt 1867 d. aft 1897; Esther G. b. abt 1869 d. bef 1897; Marsh b. abt 1871 d. bef 1897; Elizabeth Ellen b. 1873 d. aft 1897 m. William GAMBLE; William Jefferson b. 1876 d. 1934 m. Sarah and Emma GAMBLE; Margaret A. b. abt 1877 d. bef 1897; Emma b. abt 1879 d. bef 1920 m. Jasper Clyde GAMBLE; Minnie May b. abt 1881 d. bef 1897; James B. b. abt 1886 d. 1890; and Edna Pearl b. 1892 d. aft 1930 m. Harry Filmore TANTLINGER. The family lived in Westmoreland and Armstrong Counties, PA. All help appreciated!
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project