- DOLVIN posted by Jerry Dolvin on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- Parents of Richard Dolvin b. 1792 or Elizabeth Dolvin b. 1787 in Westmoreland county PA.
- ALLIO, COTHERMAN, LAVAN posted by Bonnie Schulz on Friday, February 4, 2000
- I am looking for information of the Allio's that lived in Armsrtong Co PA in the years of 1830-1841. They were to have settled with Samuel M Fox, for 5 years, and than purchased acres in Perry Twp until 1841 when they moved to Farmington Twp Clarion Co. Also the LaVan's and Cotherman's from Armstrong and Clarion Co PA. I would be instered in hearing from every one who knows any thing about any of the surnames I have enclosed.
- ADAMS, ANTHONY, MCCLAIN, MYERS, SHOEMAKER, SHUMAKER posted by Kathleen Anthony on Friday, February 4, 2000
- I am looking for the Parents of (?) Shumaker (or Shoemaker) who married William Adams. I know one of their children was Emily Jane, born around 1851. I beleive they lived in Mahoning or RedBank Township, Armstrong County. We are descendent from Emily Jane. She married twice: once to (?) Myers and again to John McClain. Any information on who William Adams wife was and her family would be greatly appreciated..
- ERWIN posted by Paula Thayer on Saturday, February 5, 2000
- Searching for information on Joseph Erwin (died 1825 Armstrong CO), esp name of wife, parents, children, origin of family emigration, land holdings, etc..
- PLUNKARD posted by Mary Horner on Sunday, February 6, 2000
- Trying to find the birthplace of my greatgrandfather--W. Plunkard-he lived in Johnstown-Cambria County around 1890- but I know there were Plunkards in Armstrong Co. around 1840-1870 so think he may have moved from there..
- CROYLE, MORROW posted by Jim Gray on Monday, February 7, 2000
- Searching for Armstrong County ancesters..
- GRAY, HETRICK, MCCLATCHEY, WATTERSON posted by Steven Agosti on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- Searching for information on the Samuel Gray line from Armstrong Co., PA. The first in the line may have been Samuel Gray (born 1771, died before 1850), wife may have been Rebecca (born about 1774, living in 1850). Samuel Gray "Sr." was listed in the 1820, 1830, and 1840 census of Armstrong Co., PA. In 1830, he was listed as Samuel Gray Sr in Allegheny Twp. and a Samuel Gray Jr. was listed in Plumcreek Twp. Samuel Gray "Jr." was born about 1815 and married first Elizabeth McClatchey and married second Mary Jane Watterson (1826-1884).
Children of Samuel Gray and Elizabeth
1. James Gray, born about 1839
2. John Boyd Gray, born 1844
Children of Samuel Gray and Mary Jane
1. Elizabeth Gray, born about 1847
2. Samuel H. Gray, born 1851 married Clara Amanda Hetrick
3. Robert Gray
4. Nancy Matilda Gray
Mary Jane Watterson's parents may have been John Watterson and Margaret.
Any help on the GRAY, WATTERSON, or McCLATCHEY families from Armstrong Co., PA is appreciated..
- BUSH, DUCKETT, HETRICK posted by Steven Agosti on Tuesday, February 8, 2000
- Looking for ancestors of George Jefferson DUCKETT (born about 1804) and Elizabeth BUSH (born about 1808). Children include:
1. Lydia Ann, born 1833, married Jeremiah HETRICK
2. Richard W, born about 1835
3. John A, born about 1837
4. Elizabeth, born about 1839
5. Mary, born about 1841
6. George W, born about 1843
7. Adam, born about 1846, married Anna Belle SMALLEY
Any information on this DUCKETT family is appreciated..
- CRAIG, SMITH posted by T Smith on Wednesday, February 9, 2000
- Looking for info on Philip Smith, sibs, etc. Born in 1867 m to Hannah Craig. Buried in Tidal Cemetery (Armstrong County)
- CORNMAN, ELSER, HOLLABAUGH, KORNMAN, NUNEMAKER, UNRUHE posted by Jane Kolar on Wednesday, February 9, 2000
- I am searching for information on my Cornman/Kornman line. My line is: Nichalaus Kornman b: abt 1686 Germany m Anna Catherine ?
Johann Ludwig Kornman b:1713 Germany m Anna Sybilla Unruh(e)
Ludwig Cornman b:1754 Lebanon Co PA m Catherine Nunemaker
George Cornman b: 1782 m Barbara Hollabaugh
Lewis Cornman b:1810 Cumberland, PA m Jane P. Elser
Martha Cornman b:1852/3 Cumberland PA m Wm. Morgan Peacock
From group sheets from LDS, most of my early Cornman family are buried in Blue State Cem, Slate Lick, Armstrong Co., PA. I am not able to find them listed in the Tombstone Project or Armstrong Co., PA Genweb page for this cemetery. I am missing a lot of info (dates,spouses, etc). If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it. I'm more than willing to share what I have.
- BRANNY, BRINAY, KNAPPENBERGER, SWANGER posted by Sue Appleton on Wednesday, February 9, 2000
- Martha Swanger (born about 1785) was married in Westmoreland Co to J. Philip Knappenberger around 1805 and had one son, John Knappenberger, born 1809. Sometime later, J. Philip and Martha went their separate ways after returning from Ohio in about 1812. Martha Swanger (Knappenberger) later married a Peter Branny or Brinay and lived in Kiski Twp. Armstrong co., PA in 1859. Looking for information related to any of these people and their relationship to each other. Thank you..
- BEER, HOWARD, SNYDER, WALTENBAUGH posted by Barry Brown on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Seeking any information on Solomon & Polly BEER. They had a son Peter b.1836 d.1906 in Armstrong Co. Peter had a son Alexander b.1862 d.1939..
- BRUCHWALSKI, MIERUNSKI, ZIELON, ZIELONKIEWICZ posted by Heidi Kline on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Looking for any information about Stanislaw Zielonkiewicz (d. 1929) and his wife Martha Bruchwalski (b. 1880). Lived in Ford City, Armstrong Co., PA., helped start the Polish Catholic Church (St. Mary's?) in Ford City, and supposedly buried in that church's cemetary. Martha was d.o. Thadeus Bruchwalski and Paulina Mierunski (d. 1910) who immigated from Poland around 1792. Stanislaw is also thought to have immigrated from Poland. Martha's siblings were Theodore, John, and Mary (Elgir). I'd love to find out where in Poland they're from. Any information on these relatives (whose names don't appear in any surname searches) would be extremely helpful!
- HOWELL, RUSSELL, WILLIAMS posted by J. Russell on Thursday, February 10, 2000
- Is this Riverview Cem, Armstrong Co, still in existance and is it the only cemetary in Apollo? How can I get in touch with them. I need a look up of possible relatives burried there. Thank you.
- GROSS posted by Nancy Adkins on Friday, February 11, 2000
- Searching for anyone with information on Sharran GROSS who was living in Armstrong Co. PA. 1800-1860. Thank you..
- HOPKINS, WILLIAMS posted by Sheila Fritts on Saturday, February 12, 2000
- Looking for info on families of John Hopkins who married Ann Williams 22 Dec 1842 at the Welsh Baptist Church of Bradys Bend, PA. Rev. David Probert was the pastor..
- ALTMAN, ECK, KUNKLE, SHANER posted by Kathy Walker on Sunday, February 13, 2000
- I am trying to find information about Adam Calvin Altman birth: ? death: 8/1936 and Elizabeth Rachel Kunkle Birth: ? death: 4/1928 They lived in Armstrong Cty./Westmoreland Cty., PA Three children: Anna, Samuel Kunkle and Arimindia "Minnie"
Adam's parents were Reuben and Sarah Altman.
Is anybody connected with this family?.
- DUCKETT, GRAY, HETRICK, MYRTLE posted by Steven Agosti on Wednesday, February 16, 2000
- Looking for information on people with the surname of MYRTLE from Armstrong Co., PA about 1850-1940. I have a Lydia Ann DUCKETT (born about 1833 in Armstrong Co., PA) married first Jeremiah HETRICK (born about 1833 in Armstrong Co., PA - 1865 in Virginia during Civil War) who had one child, Clara Amanda HETRICK (1865 in Armstrong Co., PA - 1928 in Clearfield Co., PA) who married Samuel H. Gray (1851 in Armstrong Co., PA - 1915 in Clearfield Co., PA).
After Jeremiah's death, Lydia Ann DUCKETT HETRICK remarried to a person with the last name of MYRTLE. Supposedly, they had at least one son. Any information on persons that may fit this description is appreciated..
- HINDS, HINES, MITCHELL posted by Shannon Rathbun on Thursday, February 17, 2000
- I am looking for information about William MITCHELl born in 1796 at (Armstrong Co.?) Penn. and his wife Jane HINES/ HINDS. The family later moved to Ross Co., Oh. and finally to Marion Co., Ohio. Write to me if you know of my family. .
- FRANCE, HEFFELFINGER posted by Patricia Weaver on Friday, February 18, 2000
- Looking for any info on Elizabeth HEFFELFINGER FRANCE, b. Kittanning, PA early 1800s, d. May 4, 1906 Champaign City, IL, m1) Redding FRANCE, 3 children, m2) Robert O. PORTERFIELD in IL. Any help will be greatly appreciated..
- BARGERSTOCK, CLEVER, ELLENBERGER, GALBRAITH, HOUSER, RUPP posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Friday, February 18, 2000
- JAMES ANDREW BITTINGER: James Andrew Bittinger was the son of Cornelius Bittinger & Margaret E. Baughman. James Andrew was born Dec. 31,1853 Wayne Twp.Armstrong Co.Pa. died Feb. 28,1917 Wayne Twp. Armstrong Co.Pa. James Andrew married Margaret Catherine Houser. They had 11 children: Lillian Ynetta, John Clyde,my uncle, Ida Mae, my aunt, Charles Edgar, Ralph Hilton, Mary Edna, William Ross, Alice Mearl, FlossieHelen, Margaret Pearl, Viola Grace. Jame Andrew & Margaret Catherine Bittinger are buried in Plot #11 St. John's German Reformed Church Cemetery (Belknap Cemetery) Belknap,Wayne Twp.Armstrong Co.Pa. .
- BOYON, BRYAN, BRYON, FOY posted by James Murray on Friday, February 18, 2000
- Gideon FOY s/o William and Mary FOY b.22 Aug 1819 in Warriors Mark, Huntingdon Co., PA per family history. Gideon m. Mary Ann BRYAN/BRYON/BOYON abt. 1843 in Armstrong Co. PA. I am searching for the siblings & ancestors of Gideon & Mary Ann (BRYAN) FOY. Their children: John Wesley b. 1 Oct 1844 Franklin Twp, Armstrong Co, PA William Stephen b. 9 Jun 1847 Franklin Twp, Armstrong Co PA Sara Francis b. 19 Dec 1849 PA James Watson b. 20 Dec 1851 Franklin Twp, Armstrong Co., PA Nicholas Tonar b. 5 Apr 1853 PA Mary Elizabeth b. 5 Mar 1855 PA Samuel Addison b. 12 Jul 1858 PA Julian Cristan b. 16 Sep 1860 Franklin Twp, Armstrong Co.,PA Laura May b. 29 Oct 1862 *Centre Co, PA (*I can not figure this one out.) Warren Barnhart b. 13 Mar 1864 ? Gideon & Mary Ann appear in the Armstrong Co. 1850 Census and next door to them is Gideon's parents William and Mary FOY. I will gladly share any information I have collected about the children of Gideon and Mary Ann FOY..
- BLACK posted by Dan Sundquist on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Looking for information on Daniel Black, listed in the 1830 census index for Armstrong County. My Daniel was born ca. 1797 and married a Catherine, b. 1790. They moved into Clarion County by the 1850 census..
- GREENAWALT posted by Alfred Greenawalt on Saturday, February 19, 2000
- Seeking imformation or descendants for Jacob Greenawalt (1786-?)from Toby or Madison Township areas of Armstrong County part of which later changed to Clarion. Known sons and wives were. Joseph L.(1813-1896)and Jane Grossman (1812-1876). John (1824-?) and Catharine Wiant (1823-?). James (1835-?).
- EARLY, FLICK, RIEGLE, RIMER posted by Bruce Koons on Sunday, February 20, 2000
- Does anyone know the location of a small family cemetery on the old Early homestead in Armstrong Co.? This homestead is apparently located just north of present-day Rimer (Rimerton) along the river. Supposedly there are only nine gravesites and only one headstone for a John EARLY who lived on the homestead from about 1800 to 1860..
- GRESOCK, KUZMA, MARGETTA, SARGENT posted by Rose Kuzma on Sunday, February 20, 2000
- Paul Kuzma married Rozalia Pirnaga in Budkovce Slovakia Came here to Punxsutawney and then Sagamore and had two little boys Alex and Paul who were born in 1904 and 1906. They died within days of each other in 1906. I can not find their place of burial. Any help would be appreciated. The older girls married the names above..
- LOVE, TALMAGE posted by Ron Talmage on Monday, February 21, 2000
- Sarah Elizebeth Love, born May6,1853, died December14,1928 married William Henry Talmage December 18, 1873. Where did she come from, who were her parents? They lived on McKinstrey Hill outside of Apollo,Armstrong Co. Pa. Any info will be appreciated..
- TRAVIS posted by Mary Jane Martin on Thursday, February 24, 2000
- I am looking for a book written by harold G. Travis, named "A Travis Tree On Me And Mine" This is a family history book about the Travis's and related families from Armstrong Co. They are my family and I would love to own this book. Please e mail me at email@example.com Thank you, Mary Jane Martin.
- SHANK, STITT posted by Carmen Oakes on Friday, February 25, 2000
- I am looking for the father and mother of George Franklin Stitt b.1847 in PA. We've always heard the family was in Altoona. George married Matilda Ann Shank in 1856. They had eight children and moved to Mio, Michigan. Can anyone help?.
- ANDERSON, COOK, MITCHELL, TREICE, WAGONER posted by Julie Sass on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- Looking for information on Johnson J. Wagoner b. March 13, 1852 in Rural Valley, Armstrong Co., PA. Parents: Daniel and Susan ? Wagoner. Siblings: Lena (m. Jeremiah Cook); Jennie (m. ? Treice); Amanda (m. ? Mitchell); George (merchant in Greensburg, PA). Johnson J. Wagoner m. Laura Anderson of Stahlstown, PA on Dec. 31, 1878. They had the following children: Orville D. b. 1880 m. Ethel Ridgeway; Cecil L b. 1882 m. Blanch Pope; Genevieve b. 1883 d. 1887; Daisy R. b. 1885 m. Andrew Curtis; Clara M. b. 1887 m. Elbert S. Ferrell; Ira E. b. 1888 m. Ada Aken; Maude G. b. 1892 m. Keller Snyder; Alice M. b. 1899 m. Delmer W. Peterson; Byron T. b. 1901 m. Olive Tope; Wayne Johnson b. 1908 m. S. Hazel Stenger. Johnson J. Wagoner was a minister and served churches in: Emlenton, PA, Turtle Creek, PA, Millersburg, IN, St. Jacob's near Tiffin, OH, South Bend, PA, Germano, OH, Mohican, OH and Marshallville, OH. He died in Akron, OH Sept. 22, 1916.
I am especially interested in knowing more about Daniel and Susan Wagoner, and any additional information regarding siblings of Johnson J. Wagoner. Please contact me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JAMISON, JENKINS posted by Gene Smith on Sunday, February 27, 2000
- Searching for information concerning resident of Armstrong Co. PA: Susan S. (Jamison) JENKINS (Mrs. William E. JENKINS),1856-1939. Buried at Brady's Bend Protestant Cem.,resident of RD #2- E. Brady and Kaylor,PA.
Also searching for descendants, possible daughter: Irene Jenkins ___?___, operator of a commercial Dahlia flower farm near E. Brady, PA.
In 1933 the following relatives/friends attended,with Susan Jenkins, the funeral of her sister: Mr/s James Seybert (E. Brady), Mrs. William Jenks (Kaylor), Mr/s William Barnhart (Kaylor). Appreciate any clues to point me in the right direction.
- SHRIVER posted by Larry Shriver on Monday, February 28, 2000
- I am searching for any information on my Greatgrandfather, William Scott Shriver, who was said to have been born in Armstrong County, PA in 1847. This is the only info I have back there. He next surfaces in Van Buran Co., Iowa when he married Lucinda Davis in 1871. He lived in that area for a number of years, then moved to western Nebraska. Any help will be appreciated..
- HARKLEROAD, REEFER, SCOTT, WINGARD posted by Wayne Wingard on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- Looking for descendents and ancesters of these people who lived in Armstrong County Pennsylvania. These were my great-grandparents and I'm having some trouble connecting them to people with the same surnames who lived in the area in the early to mid 1800's. Particularly the Reefers. Connections should be existing for Rearick, Smail, Cooper, and who knows who else..
- ROW, ROWE posted by Diana on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- Does anyone have access to the 1830 census for Armstrong Co, Pa? If so, would you look this person up for me? ROW, John 1830 Buffalo Twp #259. Any ROWE names in the 1850 census would be appreciated too. Does anyone recognize this surname? Found it @ Elderton Cemetery, Plumcreek Twp, Armstrong Co, Pa.
- WHERRY posted by Alan Guenther on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- I am looking for descendants of Elwood M. WHERRY (1843-1927) who worked as a missionary with the American Presbyterian Mission until 1923. Upon returning from India, he lived in Cincinnati Ohio, and died on October 5, 1927. His parents, JAMES (1808-1878) and SARAH (1812-1905)(NESBIT) WHERRY, and brother JOHN (1847-1938) and SARAH (1841-1909)(WALKER) WHERRY are buried in the South Bend cemetary, in ARMSTRONG COUNTY, PA..
- HAINE, HOLBEN, UNGER posted by Loraine Hall on Tuesday, February 29, 2000
- Armstrong Co. Searching for the families of Hannah Holben,Jacob Unger and Adam Hain or Haine. Any help is appreciated.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project