- YOUNKINS posted by Eugene Schrecongost on Saturday, January 1, 2000
- I would like any information on Samuel Younkins 1846-1923 or his wife Lydia, unk last name, 1846-1919 both buried at McVille Cemetery, Armstrong County, PA. Samuel is my maternal great-greatgrandfather. He was supposed to have fought at Gettysburg. Any info on Lydia would be appreciated also, as I don't even have her last name.
- ECKLER, MARQUETTE posted by Jane Smith on Saturday, January 1, 2000
- I am trying to find a copy of an obituary on Dora (Marquette) Eckler who supposedly died November 27, 1941 in Kittanning, Armstrong County, PA. She was married to Walter Eckler who preceded her in death. She had a son by the name of Walter M. Eckler who also died in PA in 1942 ( exact date and city/county not known). Can anyone help me?
- DALE posted by Dona Halad on Saturday, January 1, 2000
- Any info on Capt. Samuel DALE, friend of indian chief , Cornplanter, lived in Armstrong co.,1797. I know he may have raised his brother's children somewhere in Armstrong co.
- ARMSTRONG, GARDNER, RICHARDS, RICHTER, RICHY, SPAHR, SPAWR posted by Ellen Byrne on Saturday, January 1, 2000
- My ancestor Anna Margaret RICHTER b ca 1770 Germany, to American 1773, her mother died on the voyage..her father, Samuel RICHTER/RICHY/RICHARDS m Juliana...he died 1802, left a lot in Hempfield to his dau Anna Margaret who had married Johan Valentine SPAWR (SPAHR). Valentine and Anna Margaret RICHTER SPAWR died McLean co Il., Juliana married after Samuel's death Abraham GARDNER, they moved to Armstrong Co.
- ANTHONY, KELLY, MORTIMER, ORTZ, PAINTER posted by Anne Ortz on Saturday, January 1, 2000
- William David Ortz married Rebecca Jane Kelly in Dayton, Armstrong Co. on 11/30/1865. Their son, John Kelly Ortz, married Amanda Anthony. John and Amanda's son, David Walter Ortz, married Phyllis Louise Painter, daughter of Raymond and Gladys (Mortimer) Painter. I have much info on Ortzes from John down. Could use help on others..
- KELLY, MORTIMER, ORTZ, PAINTER posted by Anne Ortz on Saturday, January 1, 2000
- William David Ortz married Rebecca Jane Kelly in Dayton, Armstrong Co. on 11/30/1865. Their son, John Kelly Ortz, married Amanda Anthony. John and Amanda's son, David Walter Ortz, married Phyllis Louise Painter, daughter of Raymond and Gladys (Mortimer) Painter. I have much info on Ortzes from John down. Could use help on others. Will share what I have.
- BLAKNEY, DRAKE, ELLIS, MCTHENY posted by Karen Wright on Sunday, January 2, 2000
- Searching for information about Elizabeth (BLAKNEY) DRAKE, b. 1860 possibly Armstrong County, PA m. Benjamin M.C. DRAKE 1888 Clay County, WV; d. 1913 probably WV. Parents are: Moses and Marget BLAKNEY. Siblings: Nancy b. 1845; John E. b 1862; Scott b. 1866; Henry b. 1868; Mattie b. 1871; Harry b. 1872; Mary b. 1878. All were in Clay County, WV 1880 Census. Would appreciate any information about any of the above named.
- MILLER, SHAFFER, WISE, WOHLBAUGH posted by Greg Smith on Monday, January 3, 2000
- Seeking ancestry information on Clyde Otis SHAFFER, b 1881 in Oak Ridge, Armstrong County, PA; father of Leo C. Shaffer. Father may have been John SHAFFER, b ca. 1844, married to Jane MILLER.
- HALL, ROBERTSON posted by Bill Robertson on Wednesday, January 5, 2000
- My Grandmother Ellen Elgin HALL was born 7 Jan 1872 in Rural Village, Armstrong County, PA. Her parents were James and Mary J. (unknown maiden name) Hall. The Marriage Certificate placed the marriage in Kittaning, Armstrong County, PA where she married William Henry ROBERTSON, born 27 Mar 1871, Adamsburg, Westmoreland County, PA. They had three children, Charles, Elmer and Wilbert. All were born in Westmoreland County, PA..
- DOUTT, MCFARLAND, SMITH posted by Frances Smith on Wednesday, January 5, 2000
- I am looking for descendants of Philip Smith and Mary McFarland. The resided in Armstrong County, PA in 1850 and 1860 census. Their daughter Sarah G. Smith married Absalom Solomon Doutt Jr in 1864, Armstrong County. The following are found in the household in 1850, along with Philip Smith (45), Mary (40), are James (13), Caroline (22), Peggy A. (20), Betsy (16), Samuel (14), Sarah (12), Philip (9), George (3), and Thompson P. (6 months). All with surname Smith. Sarah is my great-grandmother.
- REYNOLDS posted by Victoria Laskowski on Wednesday, January 5, 2000
- I am seeking information on Job Reynolds, who moved from Lancaster County to Armstrong County and died there c.1850. He was originally a Quaker and a teacher..
- BUSH, CAMP posted by Howard Jack on Friday, January 7, 2000
- Edward Camp, born 12/31/1847 died 7/11/1907. He was a private in Co. L 14th Pa Cavalry, enlisted 2/11/1864 mustered put Aug 1865. Pittsburgh Post Gazette July 14, 1907 has article stating- Kittanning, Edward Camp, 63 years old, engineer of Capt. J.M Hudson Riverboat was drowned in the Allegheny River one mile north of this place. He was assisting in tying up a boat and accidentally fell in the river. Something I saw but didn�t record the source said he was raised in the home of Jerry Bush and went to Forrester School. He was apparently born out of wedlock. His mother was Caroline Camp born 4/11/1827 died 1/18/1883. She married Jerry(Jeremiah) Bush his will mentions 3 children but not Edward Camp. Caroline Camp[ was the daughter of Jacob Camp born circa 1790 and Catherine Camp born circa 1787. The 1850 census shows Jacob age 60 Catherine age 63, Leah age 26, Caroline, age 24, Lydia, age 16 and Levi age 20. Edward, who would have been 3 is not shown living there. The 1860census shows Jeremiah Bush age 31, Caroline age 33, Franklin age 8 and William age 5 but again no Edward who would have been 13. They were in South Buffalo Twp, Armstrong County. Edward lived in the Village of Clinton in that township in the 1880s..
- BRACEY, NOLDER posted by Carol Jean Nolder-Deming on Saturday, January 8, 2000
- I am searching for anyone with information on my father's family. His name was Joseph Calvin NOLDER from Armstrong County, PA. He was born 9/22/1920, died 1/71 and was married to Jeanne Marie Chauvaux (maiden) BRACEY. They were married December 1950. I know he had a sister named Freida a brother named Ambrose(deceased) and a brother named John. They lived in the Kittanning and Ford City area..
- CRAIG, DOUGHERTY, HAWKINS, KING posted by Betty VanLeer on Sunday, January 9, 2000
- Looking in Buffaloe Twp. for information on James DOUGHERTY m. Mary (Polly) HAWKINS, They had Samuel who never married. John who married but I have no information and Mary (Polly) who married a Samuel CRAIG. James was married before and had Francis (my line), James, Joseph who died in the war and never married, and Nancy who married John KING. All this in Pennsylvania, in Armstrong Co. Would like to find information on this family..
- DAUGHERTY, DOUGHERTY, HULINGS, MATEER, SLOAN, STITT posted by Beth Sloan on Sunday, January 9, 2000
- Would this family have come from E. Pa, ie John, James, Able, Samuel and Massar (Mercy Dougherty Hulings)? I am trying to match Mercy Dougherty to her parents. She had lived in Cumberland and Northumberland before she and husband Marcus Hulings moved to Pittsburg area and then on to Franklin. They may have paused for a year or so in Armstrong Co..
- ALLEN, BARGERSTOCK, BUSSARD, CLEVER, ELLENBERGER, GALBRAITH, HOUSER, RUPP posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Tuesday, January 11, 2000
- Where is the Smullin Cemetery located in Armstrong Co.? Looking for the grave site of Leah Schreckengost Milliron. Libby
- FITZGERALD, HARRISON, HAWLEY, HOWLEY posted by Sally Rowe on Wednesday, January 12, 2000
- Looking for info on the family of a John HARRSION, born in Armstrong county, Bradys Bend, abt. 1848 or 49. I believe his mother's name was Margaret. Her maiden name was HAWLEY or HOWLEY. She was born in Ireland to John and Mary Hawley or Howley. I havn't a clue as to the name of John's father. Margaret remarried a Thomas FITZGERALD and had a son in Ottawa, Canada in 1855, so I am assuming Mr. Harrison died. John also had a brother named Michael.
- ARMSTRONG, CARY posted by Douglas Armstrong on Thursday, January 13, 2000
- I have been tracking an ancestor of mine, my 3rd Great Grandfather named Quinten (sometimes Quinton or Quintin) Armstrong. His "union" with Mary Catherine Cary of Indiana County, PA produced my 2nd Great Grandfather, George Armstrong, born in 1844. I have no evidence that Quinten and Mary ever married, supported by the fact that Mary was using her mainden name (Cary) on the census of 1850 in Indiana County, PA, while young George was listed as Armstrong.
It is my belief that this Quinten Armstrong came over from Westmoreland and/or Armstrong Counties, Pennsylvania, and previous to that, originated from York County, PA. Not having much success with the census records to support this, I went on a land record search to support my belief that Quinten was in Indiana County, PA at some point.
What I found thus far (I need to check earlier years) are four deeds of a Quinton Armstrong in the correct vicinity in Indiana County, PA circa 1869 to 1872. (When I get a chance to check back to as early as the 1840, I think I will find more.) Encompassing the four found deeds thus far are lands for a "Quinten Armstrong Boarding House" in the village of Richmond (Rochester Mills P.O.), a Johnston (sometimes Johnson) & Armstrong Grist Mill, as well as other land including a deed to convey to the Presbyrtian church of Rockbridge (Richmond, Rochester P.O.) one acre of land.
The deeds are as follows:
Deed Book A35 Page 193 dated March 29, 1869 from James and Catherine Riddle and purchased by Yeoman and Quinton Armstrong in Grant Township, Indiana County, PA - 100 acres
Deed Book B37 Page 70 dated April 8, 1871 from Taylor & Mary Potts and purchased by Quinton Armstrong in Washington Township, Indiana County, PA - 14 acres and 40 perches
Deed Book B 37 Page 237 dated April 29, 1871 from John C. & Eliza Rochester and purchased by Quinton Armstrong & William Johnston in Canoe Township, Indiana County, PA - 320 acres - on this land was either a Grist Mill or they built a Grist Mill.
Deed Book B 38 Page 231 dated April 16, 1872 conveyed by Quniton Armstrong & wife Sarah C. Armstrong and William P. Johnston and wife Lydia R. Johnston to the village of Richmond, County of Indiana, PA and the Presbyterian Congregation of the village of Richmond and known as Rockbridge. - 1 acre & ten perches
Despite the fact that my George Armstrong was born in 1845 and the above occurred about 25 years later, it has given me some ideas about the connection between my George Armstrong and Quinten/Quinton Armstrong.
Basically, Mary Catherine Cary, mother of George Armstrong ..... her brothers, Joseph Carey, John Cary built and worked on Grist Mills. It is believed that Mary Catherine Cary met Quinten Armstrong via her brothers. Since he does not show up in the Indiana County, PA census records, it is believed he came from Armstrong and or Westmoreland Counties, and previous to that, York County, PA.
- BEERS, ELLENBERGER, GOULD, HOWARD, JACK, SNYDER posted by Bonnie Morris on Friday, January 14, 2000
- I am looking for the family of Mary "Polly" BEERS b. ca 1800 who may have married first a man with surname JACK. When Mary married Daniel GOULD (1800) she had a daughter named Margaret JACK b. 1818. Mary and Daniel GOULD (1800) had the following children: Sarah (1829) m. Jacob HOWARD; William (1935)um; Nancy (1837) um; David (1840)um; and Mary Elizabeth (1845)um. I believe Margaret JACK may have become the second wife of George ELLENBERGER (1809) and they had a daughter named Elizabeth (Lizzie) (1854) who married David SNYDER. I have been unable to connect my BEERS or GOULD ancestors up with the Armstrong Co. families. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- ARMINNOW, FLICK, MCBRIDE posted by Esther Shultz on Saturday, January 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on my g-grandmother whose name was either Rachel ARMINNOW or Rebecca ARMINNOW MCBRIDE, she was born3/10/1857 in Armstrong Co. Pa. died 11/14/1929 also in Armstrong Co, Pa. she married James Alfred FLICK, what I am looking for is who her parents were and if she had any brothers or sisters and what their names were! Hope someone out there can help me!
- BARGERSTOCK, BUZZARD, CLEVER, ELLENBERGER, GALBRAITH, RUPP, SNYDER posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Saturday, January 15, 2000
- George Ellenberger second wife was Margaret A.Jack. Parents of Margaret A. Jack unknown at this time. Elizabeth Ellenberger married David Snyder,son of Walter & Elizabeth Sherry Snyder. Elizabeth is buried in the St;. James Lutheran Church Cemetery, Ringold Twp. Jefferson Co.Pa. Born Aug. 01,1854 in Belknap, Wayne Twp.Armstrong Co.Pa. and married April 16,1876 in Ringold Twp. Jefferson Co.Pa. Died May 16, 1933.
- HARVEY, PATTON posted by Pete Vaughan on Saturday, January 15, 2000
- I am searching for descendants of John Patton and wife Mary. John died 1849, Mary 1854. They lived in Sugarcreek Twp, Armstrong Co. Any help will be appreciated..
- PATTERSON, STOWE posted by Judy Howard on Sunday, January 16, 2000
- Looking for any info on a David J. STOWE (1830) married to Margaret PATTERSON (1839) Info leads to the Kittaning Area, known to have 1 son Joseph Clark Stowe who lived in the Mercer Pa. area. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. J. Howard.
- BETTS, BETZ, BRENDLINGER, DEARMOTT posted by Ronald Richter on Sunday, January 16, 2000
- We are seeking information on any of the surnames listed above from Armstrong County. GERTRUDE DEARMOTT was born Feb. 23,1893 in Armstrong County. Also born here were DAVID BETTS and AMANDA JANE BRENDLINGER. WE will gladly share what information we have about these people
- HARTZEL, KINNARD, MOYERS posted by Robert Walker on Monday, January 17, 2000
- Joseph Kinnard married Mary Ann Hartzel on March 23, 1837. They attended St. Michael's Lutheran Church in the Brick Church area of Armstrong County in the 1840's and 1850's. I have not been able to definately tie them to any of the other Kinnards that lived in that area during the same time period. If you have any information I would be grateful for it and if you are related I have considerable information that may help you..
- ADAMS, BRINK, PEACE, SPENCER posted by Cathy Spencer on Monday, January 17, 2000
- I have just located your message on the forum. I am trying to locate information on my great-grandmother, Bessie Brink who married my great-grandfather, James Adams. This would have been in the 1800's in the Indiana County area (very well could have been Armstrong County). My grandmother, Charlotte Mae Adams was born in 1906 in Echo, PA. She later married Harry Allen Peace. I have very little information on any of these families but would share what information I do have. I believe there may be a connection because my mother's name is Emmaline and I know that there was a "rumored" connection to the Bash family. I would also love to learn additional information about these families, including the surnames Peace and Spencer (my father's family). If you can help or I can help, please contact me! I would love to hear from you!.
- BOYER posted by Randy Boyer on Tuesday, January 18, 2000
- Looking for anyone researching or with information regarding the Peter BOYER line in Armstrong county. Peter BOYER, born about 1778, supposedly in Germany, lived primarily in Somerset county. He shows up in the Somerset county census records through 1850. He is apparently buried in St. Paul's U Church of Christ Cemetery (Plum Creek Twp.?). His DOD is listed as 10/12/1870 and his age as 92y 8m 27d. His wife, Christina, died sometime after 1852 and is buried in Stoystown, Somerset county. In 1863 Peter Sr. had a deed prepared in Plum Creek twp. by Robert McIntosh selling part of the Somerset county farm to Peter Jr. This deed was witnessed by John BOYER and George BOYER, two of his sons. Another son, Jacob, also relocated to Armstrong county. While I have a fair amount of information on this line in Somerset county, my Armstrong county data is sparce. I would like to trade information with any "family" member on this line (or anyone else that might be interested). Thanks..
- MCCORMICK, RALSTON posted by Leigh Shriver on Tuesday, January 18, 2000
- I'm looking for relatives of James Barr Ralston b:1811 or 1819 m:NancyMccormick in Armstrong Co. early 1800's. Would appreciate any info -.
- JACK, SNYDER posted by Bonnie Morris on Tuesday, January 18, 2000
- In will of Daniel Gould, dated 6 Dec. 1882, he names his step daughter, Margaret A. Ellenberger, as guardian of his children and grandchild. Deed Book 43 page 110 This leads me to believe his wife, Mary (Beers) Gould was the mother of Margaret A. (Jack) Ellengberger.
- CHALKY, WRIGHT posted by George Obrien on Tuesday, January 18, 2000
- Looking for information on Amos Wright born in 1792 somewhere in Pa although i believe it may have been in Armstrong Co. Migrated to Ohio sometime between 1815 and 1822. He was married to Elizabeth perhaps with the last name of Chalky, Had one child while still in Pa. name Thomas . Any information on any wrights in the area would be greatly appreciated.
- BAUSTERT, ENGLE, HARTMAN, SCHMIDT posted by Tom Baustert on Wednesday, January 19, 2000
- I am looking for information on Baustert families living in the Apollo and Vandergrift areas of Armstrong County in Pennsylvania. Specifically, ancestors and descendents of Matthew Baustert and Elizabeth Engle. It appears that my grandfather Nicholas John Baustert (from Luxembourg) married to Anna Schmidt had a brother also named Nicholas who was married to Susan Schmidt. Any and all information will be appreciated, especially from relatives. To see the info I now have go to the "Genealogy" page in my Home Page and click on Descendents of Matthew Baustert.
- ESHENBAUGH, TANTLINGER posted by Edie Perlick on Wednesday, January 19, 2000
- Searching for info for family tree.Blanche Eshenbaugh married to Edward Alexander Tantlinger or Melia belle Eshenbaugh married to George Tantlinger from Armstrong Co or surrounding counties..
- LOGAN, ROBINSON posted by Matt Arnold on Wednesday, January 19, 2000
- I would like to find information on William A. Logan who served In the Civil War from Kittanning 9th Regiment Brady Alpines. He was married about 1851 to Martha, eldest daughter of Archibald Love Robinson and his wife Jane Smith. I have information that William Logan was born November 15, 1826 Allegheny, PA. I have no inoformation on his parents/ancestry or the date of his death. His son Albert James Logan was my great great grandfather. I would love to find anyone researching either Logan or Robinson/Smith in Armstrong County. Thank You Matt Arnold
- ROBINSON, SMITH posted by Matt Arnold on Wednesday, January 19, 2000
- I am a descendant of Archibald L. Robinson and his wife Jane (Smith). I have no information which substantiates the fact that Jane was actually a Smith. Has anyone information on her? Jane (Smith) Robinson died at Kittanning, Armstrong County, PA. on July 14, 1890. Would there possibly be an obituary or cemetary record which might give a clue to her parents? She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Kittanning, and is certainly buried in the cemetary associated with that church. Thank You, Matt Arnold
- BROWN, DOLBY posted by Nancy Rudolph on Thursday, January 20, 2000
- Seeking descendants of Alice Elvira Dolby who married Emery Wilson Brown 3 April 1890.
Alice was born 12 March 1872 in DuBois, Clearfield and died in Cowanshannock, Armstrong on 13 March 1923.
She is my gg aunt on the Dolby side. Always looking for cousins to share info with
- MARTIN posted by Darlene Martin on Thursday, January 20, 2000
- Adelbert Hatch Martin,B:1847 in NY, D:April, 1890-probably in Armstrong.Co. Mar: in 1870 in Warren Co, Charlotte Brown, B:1847 in Pa. D: 1919 in Jamestown, Chautaqua Co, NY. Children were: James R. B:1871 in Pa.Charles O. B:1874,Pa. Lenora A.(Used Dell)B:1879 in Pa. and Frank J. B:Jan 1884 in Brady's Bend,Armstrong Co. D:Mar, 1968 in Ontario Co, Ca. By 1900 Charlotte and her son Charles were in Jamestowne,NY. where they both died.
- ALLEMANG, BARNHART, KREIDER, REEP, REISS, SPANGLER, SPENGLER posted by Mark McCollough on Thursday, January 20, 2000
- I am trying to determine the ancestry of Johannes �John� SPANGLER (SPENGLER,SPINGLER)(b. 1743; d. 1820). John was married to Salome (nee unknown) Spangler. He may have came from Northampton, Luzerne or York County, PA and moved to the HARROLD(Herold) German Community in Greensburg, Westmoreland County, PA about 1770. The SPANGLER, REEP, KREIDER and BARNHART families seem to have travelled together. About 1797 John and Salome and his sons moved to Butler Co., PA with their daughter, Anna Elizabeth and her new husband John MCCOLLOUGH.
The Harrold Zion Lutheran Church records (Greensburg, PA) indicate John and Salome had at least 3 children:
Johannes Spangler (b. Aug 29, 1773, baptized Sept 5, 1773; sponsors Johannes HEROLD and Barbara ALTMAN)
Johannes George Spangler (b. Aug 17, 1775; baptized Sept 10, 1775; sponsors Bernhard REISS and Magdalena ALLEMANG)
Anna Elizabeth Spangler (b. Jan 28, 1779; baptized June 10, 1780; d. Jan 14, 1858); married John MCCOLLOUGH July 4, 1797 and moved to Donegal Twp., Butler Co., PA where they had 10 children.
John may have been related to Jacob Spangler, a Revolutionary War veteran who he owned land with in Sugar Creek Township, Armstrong County. He also owned land adjacent to Nicholas Allemang in Armstrong Co. In Mar 29, 1795 John and Salome were sponsors for Jacob and Elizabetha Spangler�s son, Johannes Daniel Spangler at Harrolds Zion Lutheran Church, Greensurg, PA.
Any information on connections with SPANGLER families in eastern PA, or ideas of where to research, would be greatly appreciated.
- MCCOLLOUGH, MCCULLOCH, MCCULLOUGH, SLOAN, SPANGLER, SPENGLER, WELLS posted by Mark McCollough on Thursday, January 20, 2000
- MCCOLLOUGH, MCCULLOUGH, MCCULLOCH Looking for information on the ancenstry of Captain JOHN McCOLLOUGH of Butler Co., PA (b 4/15/1770; d. 9/8/1847). Butler Co. histories state John was born in Westmoreland Co., PA; Holston River, VA; or Scotland. Married ANNA ELIZABETH SPANGLER (SPENGLER:Ger)(b. 1/28/1779; d. 1/14/1858) on 7/4/1797 at �house of the widow GRIBS (CRIBS, KREBS)� in Westmoreland Co., PA. In 1797 they moved to Butler Co., PA and settled 200 acres in Donegal and Fairview Twp where John was a farmer and potter. John was a private in 1793 in Westmoreland Co, PA Militia under Captain JOHN SLOAN and a Captain in the PA Militia in 1814. John and Elizabeth had 10 children: WILLIAM (1799-1880), JOHN (1801-1884), JAMES (1803-1889), MARY (1806-1850), ELIZABETH (1808-?), DAVID (1811-1880), MARGARET (1813-1900),SUSAN (1815-1904), CATHERINE (1815-1875), PHILLEPENA (1821-1898). �Butler Citizen� 9/12/1912 newspaper article by NEWTON McCOLLOUGH states that John�s father was Doctor WILLIAM McCOLLOUGH (wife unknown) and John was orphaned in an Indian massacre in 1774. Butler Co. History (1895) claims that John�s mother was murdered by a hired hand. WILLIAM McCOLLOUGH fostered John out in 1774, perhaps to the SPANGLER family in the Harrolds German Community (Greensburg, PA). ELIZABETH confirmed there in 1794. JOHN and SALOME SPANGLER,Elizabeth�s parents, also settled in Butler Co., PA, a few miles north of John and Elizabeth. John also owned land in Buffalo and Sugar Creeks in adjacent Armstrong Co. JOHN SPANGLER and JOHN McCOLLOUGH were �whiskey rebels� in 1793 and were involved in the raid on the BENJAMIN WELLS house. Any information on JOHN or WILLIAM McCOLLOUGH (MCCULLOCH, etc) in VA, PA, WV frontier,1720-1820 would be appreciated..
- KELLY, MCINIES, WACHOB posted by Anne Ortz on Friday, January 21, 2000
- Samuel P. Kelly was born 10-24-1799 in Jefferson Co., PA. He died 8-22-1894 near Deanville, Armstrong Co. He married Elizabeth McInies 12-21-1827. He married Sarah Wachob 11-11-1839. Need parents of all three of these people..
- CLINE, HELSEL posted by Maxine Denton on Monday, January 24, 2000
- I am looking for information about my great grandfather, Jacob C Helsel. He was born in Armstrong Co. Jan. 15, 1853. His parents were Adam HELSEL and Catherine CLINE who were married March 16, 1852. Any information regarding this family would be greatly appreciated..
- ADAMS, BARTLEBAUGH, BRINK, HUEY, PEACE, SPENCER posted by Cathy Spencer on Tuesday, January 25, 2000
- Thanks to some helpful and wonderful people and the information that they gave me, I'm looking for more information on Bessie Catherine Brink born 1877 died 1917 and married to James Adams born 1870. Bessie was the daughter of John Brink born 1826. John Brink was married 1st wife unknown 2nd wife Elizabeth born 1848. John is the son of Benjamin Brink born 1800.
James Adams was the son of John B. Adams and Eliza Jane( Brink) Adams. Eliza Jane was a Brink. Who is she? Does anyone know?
The later branches of this family lived in and around Indiana County & Jefferson County, PA but it is possible that they may have come from around Westmoreland Co.
- AKINS, OLLINGER, REARICK, WHITE, WILHELM, WOODSIDE posted by Michael Stewart on Tuesday, January 25, 2000
- Hi all, I am hoping that someone out there has an interest in the Adam and Barbara WILHELM family of Allegheny Twp., Armstrong Co. Adam was one of the early organizers of St. Michael's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Brick Church. He died abt. 1836.
I am particularly interested in his daughter Rebecca's marriage to William AKINS. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Here is what I have on this group:
Descendants of Adam WILHELM
1 Adam Wilhelm - 1836
2 Catharine Wilhelm
2 Christiana Wilhelm
2 Esther Wilhelm
2 George Wilhelm
2 Jacob Wilhelm
2 Mary Anne Wilhelm
2 Susannah Wilhelm
2 Rebecca Wilhelm 1802 -
2 Hannah Wilhelm 1808 -
- FRY, JACK posted by E Fina on Tuesday, January 25, 2000
- Armstrong County, Crooked Creek Cemetery has some of my direct ancestors located there. There names are Daniel Fry and Elizabeth Jack, daughter of James Jack & Martha Morrison. I am trying to locate Daniel Fry's parents or siblings. Daniel was born 18 Sep 1789 either in Little York, New York, or Little York PA..
- BECKWITH, BOWSER posted by Darla Kelly on Wednesday, January 26, 2000
- Searching for the family of Charlotte Bowser who married Frederick Beckwith. Frederick born 1872. Children: Silas, Felix, Wilda and Wilbert. After Charlotte died the children were raised by her brother Harry and wife Lizzy Bowser in Kittanning, Armstrong Co. Siblings of Charlotte were Ella, Elizabeth, Emmet, Harry, Newton and Ambrose. Charlottes parents were Felix and Mary Ann Bowser. They were born in the 1840s. Also, would like to find out what happened to Frederick Beckwith..
- ADAMS, BARTLEBAUGH, BRINK, HUEY, PEACE, SPENCER posted by Cathy Spencer on Wednesday, January 26, 2000
- Do you have any other information on the Brink Family or the Adams family that you would be willing to share? I'd really appreciate it if you did..
- COYNE, DOLBY posted by Nancy Rudolph on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- Looking for parents and siblings of Mary Elizabeth Coyne Dolby born 1846 in Lancaster and married to Samuel E. Dolby and living in Armstrong county according to 1910 census. The census indicates they had 11 children; ten living. All responses welcome. Have info to share.
- SNAIR, SNARE, STEELE, SWARTZ posted by Sharon Hungate on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- I am searching for information on GEORGE HENRY SWARTZ (HARRY). He was born in 1829 in PA. HARRY�S Mother reportedly is SUSAN THORNTON and his Father is HENRY SWARTZ. I have no information on them. HARRY died in 1904 in Armstrong Co. PA. This has been confirmed with his death record. He was married to MARTHA STEELE, according to information I have. HARRY is my great grandfather, and I am trying to find his parents and siblings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- BARR, COWELL, MCCORMICK, RALSTON, STEELE posted by Leigh Shriver on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- I'm looking for any desc. of Ellis Simpkins Ralston, 1841 M: Taxena Eliz.Cowell in Armstong Co. 1876 His parents James Barr Ralston/Nancy McCormick. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COOK posted by Bonnie Lee on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- I am a direct descendent of Jeremiah COOK who was an indian trader in Western Pennsylvania in the late 1700's. I am looking for information on any of his descendents. I am willing to share info..
- HEPLER, LUCAS, MILLER, NEISWONGER posted by Karen Moon on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- This part of Armstrong County I am searching became Clarion County, specially Fairmont City,PA. I am looking for relatives from Limestone Twp and Redbank Twp. John Miller married Martha Jane Neiswonger on February 14, 1872(ref. Latter Day Saints Family History Library). He fought at Gettysburg during the Civil War. Jess and Susanna(Hepler) are listed as his parents and I would like some information on when and where they lived and died.I have searched the Lucas and Neiswonger tree and was very successful but the Miller have me stumped. Church affiliation?? Some of John and Martha's children were put in a home because they were not able to provide for them. His injuries from the war made him blind and etc. Any information you have would be greatfully appreciated.
- GLANT, KUNSELMAN, KUNTZELMAN, LENKER, MCDONALD posted by Donna Terrian on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- David Lenker or Lenkerville(Millersburg), Dauphin Co., PA is the cousin of a Mrs. Minnie (Kuntzelman) Glant, who visited in 1886, on her way to Philadelphia. Minnie also visited William McDonald & family. Does any of this connect to your Kunselman line?
- BARR, CALLEN, MINTEER, RALSTON, REYBURN, STEELE, STOREY posted by Miriam Reyburn-Steele on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- I, too, descend from David Ralston and Hannah Barr through daughter Mary Ann Ralston. I have been compiling a history of their descendants and will be pleased to exchange data with you.
I will be so grateful if you will please send your address and an update on the family of your Ellis. I will also forward a copy of the data that I have compiled thus far - about 40 pages.
I urge, and will really appreciate, the efforts for ALL DESCENDANTS of DAVID RALSTON and HANNAH BARR to PLEASE forward their family history to my address in order for data to be included in the Ralston Family History. This material will in turn be sent to libraries in Pennsylvania in order to aid researchers. I intend to, hopefully, complete the works of 16 Pennsylvania family histories (CALLEN, MINTEER, RALSTON, STEELE, KING, STOREY, MEHAFFEY, ALLISON, BOYD, MAY, HENDRICKSON, KELTY, CHAPMAN, HAFT, CLELAND, and THOMSON) this year.
- CARMODY, MAHONY posted by Tully Lyons on Thursday, January 27, 2000
- I would be grateful for any information about Patrick P. Mahony, husband of Helen (Ellen) Gorman, and their daughter Mary Mahony. I believe this family attended St Paul's R.C.Church, (Queenstown Church) near Brady's Bend, Armstrong Co, PA.
Mary Mahony married Michael Carmody (1857-1930), of the same area. He was the son of Michael Carmody and Catherine (McNamara).
Mary Mahony and Michael Carmody eventually lived in Pittsburgh and had four daughters. He worked for the Allegheny and then the Pennsylvania RR. Thank you!
- BOOKER, RUNYAN posted by Susan Runyan on Friday, January 28, 2000
- I am looking for a marriage that occurred about 1844 between an ? Booker and Ann ? This couple most likely lived in Kittanning, ARmstrong Co. I believe the Booker died before 1850 and Ann was married to Aronah Runyan by 1848. I am trying to find Ann's maiden name and any information about either of these marriages..
- GAHAGAN, KIRKPATRICK, TRAVIS posted by Karen Robertson on Friday, January 28, 2000
- My ancestors were James Kirkpatrick (b 1754) and William Travis (b 1777), both early settlers in Armstrong County area. Melissa Jane Kirkpatrick and Ardary Travis married ca. 1865; they each had a Gahagan grandparent. Would like to compare notes with other descendants of these lines.
- HAY, MARTIN, SUTTON posted by Ruth Green on Saturday, January 29, 2000
- I am looking for information on Edward Hay of Bradys Bend Armstrong county. I have his father as John Hay and John's parents were born in Ireland. I know Edward married Ida Sutton daughter of Robert Sutton. I am descended from their daughter Jessie who married Paul Martin. Any information on these families would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ruth.
- DALE posted by Dona Halad on Sunday, January 30, 2000
- ANY info on the Dale family in Armstrong Co. I had one responce to Capt. Sam, but I lost it..I know he had a family but do not have any other info.There were 3 children, but I don't have their names . Please help?.
- MOOREHEAD posted by Ray Moorehead on Sunday, January 30, 2000
- Please advise me if at any time in late 1700's there was a Fort Hand on the Kiskiminetas River In Armstrong Co. If so, was it attacked by indians, and was there a Samuel Moorehead involved in that attack. Can you direct me to any sources that might elaborate on such an event. Thank you for any time and effort expended..
- GRAY, HETRICK, MCCLATCHEY posted by Steven Agosti on Monday, January 31, 2000
- Looking for connections for a Samuel H. GRAY (1851-1915) who married Clara Amanda HETRICK (26 Feb. 1865 - 1928). Potentially, Samuel GRAY's father was also a Samuel GRAY. Supposedly, Samuel H. GRAY had a brother Robert GRAY. Also, his potenial father, Samuel GRAY, may have remarried to an Elizabeth MCCLATCHEY and had at least one son, John Boyd GRAY. From the 1830 Census of Armstrong Co., PA, both a Samuel GRAY SR and Samuel GRAY JR are listed. I am interested in hearing from anyone with any knowledge of these GRAYs from Armstrong Co. in order to verify whether there is a connection with my Samuel H. GRAY and to learn more about this family line..
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project