- HELSEL, JOHNS posted by Brian L. Cartwright on Wednesday, December 1, 1999
- Looking for assistance on the family of Henry Helsel b abt 1798, wife's maiden name was Johns, listed in the census in 1830-1850 (at least) for Sugar Creek Twp. Most interested in finding his parents, also interested in descedants. Had a sister who married Martin Johns and moved to Clearfield Co. I have been researching the Helsel family in the Cambria/Somerset/Bedford/Blair area, and would like to find if Henry came from this group or from York Co (or elsewhere!)
- GRIMM, HAINES, NEAL, SCHRECK, WALSTON posted by Joyce Neal Walston on Wednesday, December 1, 1999
- I am searching for my grandmother Nancy Haines. I have no birth/death information. She married Charles E. GRIMM and lived in Fayette County, Pa. (Scottdale, Everson) They have seven children all living but one son. Two girls, five boys. Nancy was raised by her grandmother KUHNS and had on siblings except for a 1/2 sister. Also looking for a Reubon and Margaret.
- DARBAKER, MYERS, SOURWINE, WAGNER posted by Jackie Coffelt on Thursday, December 2, 1999
- I am looking for Sylvester Clinton Sourwine who marrried Nellie Lillian (Myers) of Armstrong County. They had three children George Leonard Sourwine born approx 1910, Stewart Clinton Sourwine born approx 1913, and Dorothy Evelyn Sourwine (my link) born in 1918. Sylvester Clinton Sourwine died approx. 4-6 months after my g-mother (Dorothy) was born. I have no information on my natural great-grandfather and would appreciate any information any one can offer. My grandmother passed away in 1996 and any information she had went with her. Please help!!! Jackie.
- MENIG, MENIGH, MENNIG, MINIGH, MINNIG posted by Christine Murcia on Friday, December 3, 1999
- Looking for info on the Philip Minigh family who appears in the 1850 census. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
- BOWSER, JACK posted by Deb Bevans on Monday, December 6, 1999
- I am looking for info on George B JACK born in Buffalo Twp, Armstrong Co. in early 1800's. He married Margaret BOWSER. I would also like info on her and her parents and brother, sisters etc..
- JACK, WYANT posted by Deb Bevans on Monday, December 6, 1999
- I am looking for info on Christina Wyant born in Armstrong Co. in 1853. Her parents were Adam Wyant and Sophia Bowser. She married Thomas H. Jack also of Armstrong Co. I need more info on her parents and grandparents. Also need more info on Thomas Jack's parents etc..
- COYLE, FOSTER, MCDERMOTT, YOCKEY posted by Steve Mcdermott on Tuesday, December 7, 1999
- I have 4 lines in Armstrong county. I have been able to find out very litle about them. Any information, clues, hints etc would be appriciated.
Anthony Coyle was naturalized 6/16/1876 he married agnes foster their daughter was Elizabeth Coyle 2/28/1879 or 80 to 3/8/1952. other children were sophia who married Lawrence Horn and mildred
Mathew McDermott and his wife Ida Yockey also lived in armstrong county(Ford City?) their child James Paul McDermott 1870'2 to 1943 fathered one of Elizabeth Coyle's two out of wedlock children. that child was also named James Paul McDermott B. 11/15/1910 died 12/29/1960 Troy Ohio. he was my father. This is all I know of his side of the family. I know much more about my mothers side.
Elizabeth's other out of wedlock child was Francis Dugan Ekas 1903-1981 in ford City. her husband was Arthur Ekas died in 1950. their son Frank 1928-1954 died in a fall from a steel girder.
- BLACK, HARE, HODGSON, HOSTETLER, LANCASTER, MCCOY posted by Laurel Morris on Wednesday, December 8, 1999
- I am looking for any info and family members of SAMUEL BLACK, born 9/30/1828, in Freeport. I am thinking he is not related to the Catholic Blacks in this area, but may have been Methodist or Presbyterian. He was a blacksmith, so I am thinking this could have been his father's occupation also..
- DEVALLANCE, HUMPHREY, JEWART, STEWART posted by Pamela Pyle on Wednesday, December 8, 1999
- Is there a Miss Nannie Humphrey in your family tree who resided as a teenager in Dayton, Armstrong County PA, along about 1887? If so, I will be glad to share with you a copy of a handwritten letter she wrote on 12/11/1887 to an ancestor of mine - a Miss Katie Devallance of Clarion County, PA. The long letter is quite humorous with a number of fun & interesting references to other people - Ann Stewart, Mr. Jewart, Rosa & more. She writes of school exams & finally being able to leave "this old schoolhouse forever" so she can go west to live with Buffalo Bill. Just thought it might add some nice color to your family history & maybe, at the same time, provide me with a new lead in my growing collection of genealogical dead-ends. Let me know.
- MCBRIDE, PATTON, SCOTT posted by Dolores Warren on Thursday, December 9, 1999
- I am searching for information about my gg-grandfather, Wm. Patton. He was born around 1800 and lived in Westmoreland and Armestrong counties. He married a Martha Scott who was born in Ireland (marriage date unknown) She was born September 1808. Wm. was a builder of public works and built the railroad over the Alleghaney mountains westward. He moved his family from Penn. to Ohio to Illinois where he died around 1850. They had 10 children; John Malcolm, William R., Martha J., Joseph N., George W., Andrew J., Baptiste S., Margaret E. (Marion), Natha H., and James A. Patton. I have extensive info on this family and would like to share info. Dolores Patton Warren.
- MORTIMER posted by Skip Heller on Friday, December 10, 1999
- My great uncle, Martin Mortimer, settled in the Philadelphia area from Maidstone, England in the 1880's. Some of his descendants may live in Clarion County. His children include: John, Charles, Frank, Mary, William and Lola. If you see a connection, let me know and I'll send you my tree..
- MITCHELL, MONTGOMERY posted by Bruce Montgomery on Friday, December 10, 1999
- I'm looking for any information on Absalom W. Montgomery, Hannah Elizabeth Mitchell and Alexander Wright Montgomery. Alexander's info is as follows: Alexander Wright Montgomery born 7 May 1844 at South Bend Township, Armstrong, Pennsylvania. His parents, according to the LDS website were Absalom W. Montgomery and Hannah Eliza Mitchell. The Elderton Grave listing lists Ms. Mitchell as H. Elizabeth Montgomery. I'm guessing the H. and the Eliza were simply abreviations. Either way. I would love to hear from you if you have any connection or information on any of the above people.
- EARLY, FLICK, RIEGLE, RIMER, VENSEL posted by Bruce Koons on Monday, December 13, 1999
- Does anyone have the name of Andrew EARLY's wife? Andrew was born ca 1790 and was one of the early residents of Toby Township. His father's name was Samuel and he had at least two brothers, John and James. I would be happy to exchange information on these EARLY families..
- FOREMAN, TAYLOR, WINGARD posted by Monette Taylor on Monday, December 13, 1999
- Looking for Lydia FOREMAN (no data) Her son, John W WINGARD was born in Armstrong County 13 Apr 1855. I have Mason Co, KY marriages with FOREMANS to the TAYLOR family (1787 in Mason from PA) These FOREMANS are from Monmouth, NJ. Anybody missing a Lydia?
- BARNHART, MCKINNEY, MYERS, SHAKLEY posted by Betty Shakeley on Monday, December 13, 1999
- Looking for information on Isaac Myers, wife Elizabeth Foringer, in Bradys Bend, Armstrong Co. 1850; William McKinney b/ 1795 in New Jersey wife Elizabeth b 1796 in Pa, who lived in Bradys Bend, Armstrong County, PA in 1850. Children Charles, Caroline, Matilda. I also have a Michael Myers in the area but have no information on which of the counties. He was married to Catherine Vensel. I have extensive information on the Shakleys and the families they married into (frequently the same families) and would be happy to share information with anyone researching these families..
- FOLEY, HAYS, MCLAUGHLIN, SULLIVAN posted by Tammy Donaldson on Saturday, December 18, 1999
- I am searching for information on a Cephus Mclaughlin and his wife Mary O'Sullivan. I know they are both buried in a Cemetary in Sugar Creek Twp. But I don't know which one or what thier birth or death dates are. I do Know They had a daughter Mary Mclaughlin who married a Unknown Foley. They had a daughter named Glaydas Marie Foley who married John Harry Hays. Who had my Grandfather, James Reed Hays. If anyone has any information on any of these people it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to reply or Email me at Tammy0403@aol.com.
- MOORHEAD posted by Robert Pontius on Monday, December 20, 1999
- I am searching for info. on William Moorhead 1769 wf Mary. He lived in Armstrong C. PA in 1806. He moved to Kentucky for a few years then to Clinton Co. Indiana. He died 20 Mar 1853 and is buried in the Old South Cemetery, Frankfort, Clinton, Indiana. He had at least 5 children Nancy, William, John, Isaac and Samuel. William b.1806 in Armstrong Co. PA married Rachel Burlew.I would like to know place of birth and parents of William 1769 as well as other vital data leading to immigrant ancestors. Robert Pontius
- FAIR, THOMPSON, TUXFORD posted by John Tuxford on Wednesday, December 22, 1999
- Seeking information on Harry J. Thompson and his wife Ida Fair Thompson. Their children were Lizzie Belle Thompson, born in Tarentum, Armstrong Co. who married John Arthur Tuxford who was born in Vandergrift, Westmoreland Co. ; and Myrtle, Melvin and William..
- BONE, DAWSON, EISENHUTH, KIRKWOOD posted by Donna Bast on Friday, December 24, 1999
- Hi, Trying to find any information on these family names. Philip henry Eisenhuth b.1857 d.1946 in Sagamore Armstrong Co. Pa. Faynetta (Nettie) Kirkwood b.1860 d.1929 Sagamore Armstrong Co. Pa. daughter Hazel Faye Facemier/Bone b.1900 d.1987 Kittanning Armstrong Co. PA. The Bone family lived all there lives i Kittanning. I am granddaughter to Hazel Bone and I was also born in Kittanning Pa. I have not been able to find anything on Eisenhuth name anywere. Trying to find out who his father and mother were? Also Faynetta Kirkwood who had family in Kittanning. Like to find her father and mothers name. If anyone can help me I would be most greatful.
- COX, MCGEE posted by David Charlebois on Sunday, December 26, 1999
- Looking for information on the family of Mariah McGee. Mariah was born in 1796 in Armstrong Co., PA and married a Joshua Cox there in 1818. They then moved to Randolph Co., IN where they died and are buried.
Mariah and Joshua had a daughter, Mariah Cox that married an Alexander Stephens in 1856 in Randolph Co., IN. Mariah/Alexander were my gg-grandparents.
- ANDERSON, ASHBAUGH, SLUSSER posted by Sylvia Kerr on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- Mathias Slusser Samuel Slusser b Mar i846 m Hannah Rebecca Ashbaugh Samuel Charles Slusser b18 Nov.1893 m Muriel Gibson These last are my parents, All lived in Armstrong County. I was born there.
- HEILMAN, HILEMAN, ISEMAN, SHEASLEY, YONT, YOUNT posted by Dave Kurvach on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- I am looking for ***ANY INFORMATION*** on the families of Sheasley, Yount, and Iseman. All three tie in with the Heilmans of Armstrong County as follows:
Andrew Harry Sheasley (1840-1914, native of Armstrong Co.) married Sarah Jane Hileman (aka Heilman, 1849-1913), the great granddaughter of the pioneer Peter Heilman. Andrew is the only related Sheasley I have ever found.
Elizabeth Iseman, a native to Armstrong Co. married Alexander Heilman (1827-1910), the grandson of the pioneer Peter Heilman. Elizabeth is the only related Iseman I have ever found.
Hannah Yount, a native of Armstrong Co. (Yout our Yunt, 14.Nov.1792-7.Jun.1878), married Solomon Heilman (22.Mar.1785-20.Aug.1840), the third son of the pioneer Peter Heilman. Besides Hannah's father Daniel Yont, supposedly a Revolutionary War Veteran, there is no information listed for the rest of the Yount family.
- EVANS, EVENS, GEARHART posted by Roxanne on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- I have had little luck tracing past my 3rd great grandfather, John EVANS and his wife Charity. What I do know is that John Evans died in 1840 in Armstrong County, Redbank Township willing his estate to his wife Charity, who died in Armstrong County on March 17, 1881.
The following children were born to John and Charity and listed in the 1850 census (Charity was listed as age 55):
Any information or suggestions on my search would be greatly appreciated. I have a lot of information following John Evans I would be willing to share. The family name has been listed as both Evens and Evans.
- BACHMANN, HAINES, KUNKLE posted by Kathie Young on Wednesday, December 29, 1999
- I have a Jacob Haines who lived in Westmoreland County. His daughter, Hannah married 1 Feb. 1838 John Henry Kunkle. They moved to Kittanning Twp. Arm. Co.,PA. Their daughter Mary Catherine married Martin Nolder. They where my g-g-grandparents. Your Jacob Haines may be related to this family. You could try looking in Westmoreland Co. I have been unable to find further information on Jacob Haines. Would appreciate any information..
- BURKET, BURKHART, ROSS, THOMAS posted by Ron Cornwell on Thursday, December 30, 1999
- ISAAC BURKET (BURKHART) was born 1810-1811 in Pa. He married BARBARA (THOMAS ??) ca 1835. BARBARA was born 1819 in Pa and was in Armstrong County in 1862. It is thought ISAAC was the son of CHRISTOPHER BURKET and MARY ANN ROSS of Quemahoning Twp, Somerset County, Pa. The children: Israel b. 21-May-1836, Christopher b. 1-May-1837, Jonathan b. 9-Jan-1840, Garrett Thomas b. 22-Mar-1842, Mary Ann b. 1844, Rosanna b. 8-Oct-1846 and Isaac b. 20-Jan-1849. ISAAC (b. 1810-1811) was in Armstrong County, Pa, from 1836-1849. He is in Indiana County in 1850. I would like to exchange information on any of the above surnames..
- GOODMAN, HUSTON, LACHENMAYR, REX, SMITH, SWARTZFAGER posted by Sherri Schulze on Thursday, December 30, 1999
- Need your help in confirming that the Rev. Anton Lachenmayr who came to this country approx. 1850 from Heimertingen, Germany was married to Elizabeth Smith from Armstrong, or Butler Co. He pastored in several churches in Butler and after retirement had a farm in Clarion. Records tend to make us believe his wife was from Armstrong but can get no concrete leads. They had many children but only have evidence of the youngest daughter Bertha who married Frank Rex. Bertha and Frank are my Great Great Grandparents.Also looking for Huston's and Goodman's, Power's and Kaber's from Armstrong Co. Thank you for your assistance.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project