- LONG, SWANK posted by Esther Shultz on Saturday, October 2, 1999
- I am looking for any information on my g-g-g-grandfather John S. LONG, who was born in Westmoreland Co., he married Mary A. SWANK daughter of Daniel Swank also of Westmoreland Co., Pa. after John S. & Mary were married they moved to Armstrong Co., Pa. that much I found in "History of Armstrong Co." in the Kittanning library, what I want to know is who were John S. Long's parents and what year was John S. born, I know he died in 1897. Willing to share what little information I have with any one who can help me!
- BOWSER, GREEN, KIER, MCCRACKEN posted by Lisa Strobel on Saturday, October 2, 1999
- I have info on the surnames listed, but am always looking for more and would be glad to share info !
- HUFHAND, REICHENBAUGH posted by Sherry Cassity on Sunday, October 3, 1999
- I am searching for any info on Hufhands in the Westmoreland County and Armstrong County Pennsylvania area. My grandmother, Janet Avenelle HUFHAND, married Lysle Leland REICHENBAUGH. I have info on the Reichenbaughs but can't find anything on the Hufhands. Her father was Robert Hufhand and her mother Belle ???. She had the following siblings:Florence b. 23 Oct 1890 d. Jan 1984 married unknown Herrold, Frances b.13 Dec 1895 d. Aug 1988, Homer b. 23 Mar 1900 d. May 1981 married Emma ???, Samuel b. 21 Oct 1904 d. Aug 1972 Wexford PA married Genevieve ??? b. 7 Mar 1907 d. Mar 1979 Sharpsville Tipton Indiana, and Robert Maurice b. 11 Nov 1907 d. Apr 1985 married Helen ???. Anyone with any information on any of these named above please contact me. Thank you for any help.
- RISING, SHANK, SHOOP, SNYDER posted by Sherry Cassity on Sunday, October 3, 1999
- I am searching for info on my grandmothers parents, her name is Mildred Fern Rising, b. in 1917. Her parents are believed to be James Garfield Rising and Annabel Archibald. Mildred married Gerald Mervin Shoop and I have info on the Shoop line, I can't find anything on the Risings. My father says she was raised by an aunt and uncle, last name Shank and had two half brothers, last name Snyder. If you have any info please contact me. Thanks for any help.
- BEERS, BLAINE posted by Bette Maier on Monday, October 4, 1999
- Looking for the Beers family that moved to Iowa sometime in 1800s.__________Beers m. Catharine Blaine b 1873 Webster County, Iowa. Thanks you for any info
- KLINGENSMITH, WRIGHT posted by Betty Clark on Friday, October 8, 1999
- I am searching for information about my GGGGrandmother Mary Christina KLINGENSMITH who married Henry WRIGHT in Armstrong Co. circa 1772 and left for Ontario, Canada as Henry was loyal to the British during the war. I don't know Marys' parents names or where they were from originally but have the names of all Henry and Marys' children. Would like to hear from anyone about Mary Christina Klingensmith.
- MINEHART, WATTERSON posted by Gloria Weiss on Saturday, October 9, 1999
- Looking for my gg grandparents of Annie Watterson, born 1/10/1841 in Chicora, PA. Married John Casper Minehart, a shoemaker, from Austria, Germany in 1881 in Butler Co. Annie died 6/16/1948 in Callery, PA. They had a son Charles, born 9/27/1883 in Hillard, PA. and Joseph, I think was born 12/3/1898. John Minehart had a half brother Will & I think they first spelled their name Meinhart.
In the 1830 Armstrong Co. census I found a Jacob, James and John Waterson. Not sure if they are even the same relations as mine since the name spelling difference.
- CAMPBELL, EMMINGER, MECHLING posted by Karen Zeigler on Saturday, October 9, 1999
- I am trying to find information on Lizzie Emminger who may have married a Campbell and later may have married Arthur John Mechling and had a son Arthur John Mechling in 1900. Lizzie also was known as Bess and a middle name is probably Dae. Her first name may have been Elizabeth.
I found a family of Emmingers living in Wickboro on the 1910 census. There names were:
William H. 56 proprieter of poolroom
Bridget J 56
**Lizzie 33 Potter at Pottery
William Wor A 31
Stephen 21 Potter at Pottery
Emery 19 Booker? at Glassworks (?hard to read?)
Vincent 17 Potter at Pottery
This family lived on Grant Ave. in Wickboro (AKA Kittanning)
Does anyone have information on any of these people or any suggestions on where to find information? Does anyone know of a poolroom in the area at the time that William may have been proprieter of?
The census lists Lizzie as single with no births of children, but is it possible that a divorce and out of wedlock birth ( to Arthur John Mechling) would be kept a secret from census takers in these times? I have found that my Lizzie had her son before marrying Arthur John Mechling. She was to have divorced the Campbell husband. And then, this may not be the Lizzie I am looking for!!!
I can't find birth records or marriage records for any of these people. The son lists himself as being born in Ford City, Pa. He also claims not to be related to any other Mechlings in Armstrong Co. area and to be Irish not German. I tried the Mechling researchers and they can't find a listing for him. I would appreciate any help I can get on this family..
- CARTWRIGHT posted by Harry Lewis on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- We hope to find information about Ida Llewella Cartwright (married name). Possibly her maiden name was Henry and her mother could be Amy(?). She married Edward Charles Lewis from Jeffeerson Co. They had their first child is 1886. Ida came from Queenstown, Armstrong Co. Pa. Thanks
- HOLLENBAUGH, IRWIN, MARSHALL, MYERS, REEDY, RUPP, SLAGLE, WALKER, WALLS posted by Nancy Walls on Sunday, October 10, 1999
- I am looking for anyone with information on the above person. He may have married a Sarah (REEDY)WALLS. Sarah married a man with the surname WALLS and Edward WAGNER. If you have any info please contact me!Would most likely be around Templeton, Goheenville area. Thanks Nan.
- LABONO, SCAFFIDI posted by Robert Labono on Tuesday, October 12, 1999
- Looking for my father and his lineage. My father was Joseph Vincent Labono born 2Nov1901 in Pennsylvania died 28 Sep1988 in Lynnwood,Washington. He was retired from the Pennsylvania Railroad 18Feb1924. Pennsylvania relief board #302679 lists him as Joseph V. Scaffidi. Scaffidi may have been his mother's maiden name. I do not know if he was born in Armstrong county but I do know he was born in Pennsylvania. IF THERE ARE ANY LABONO or SCAFFIDI OUT THERE PLEASE RESPOND TO Robert Labono email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CARTWRIGHT posted by Harry Lewis on Friday, October 29, 1999
- We need information concerning Ida Llewella Cartwright from Queenstown, Armstrong Co. Born about 1855..
- SHELLHAMMER, WAREHAM posted by Clifford Wareham on Friday, October 29, 1999
- I am looking for lineage of my grandfather. His name was Samuel Grover WAREHAM. His wife was Ruth (SHELLHAMMER) WAREHAM. His only son's name was Thomas Henry Wareham. He was born ~1892 and died ~1973. We lived in Bethel Township, Armstrong County. I moved to California in 1964 & lost touch. Need information regarding my grandfathers parents etc. There were many Warehams living in and around Bethel Township during that time. Need info as I am last surviving male member of Thomas Wareham family. Thank you..
- PATTERSON, WOODWARD posted by John Patterson on Sunday, October 31, 1999
- Searching for family information on William Patterson and Francis Patterson.
William b. 3 Jun 1818 d. 10 September 1879. Francis b. 1808 d. 1874. William married Nancy McCready from Cross Creek, Washington Co., PA. William and Nancy purchased 2 farms in Brooke County WVA in 1845.
Francis married Annis ___ and owned a farm adjacent to William and also to Robert, James and Alexander Patterson.
All are buried in St. John's Graveyard on Eldersville Road in Brooke County, WVA. William is my great great grandfather. Francis is ???. I have pictures of both William and Francis. These pictures were taken in Kittanning PA.
Any connecting information on the Pattersons in Armstrong County PA appreciated.
John Woodward Patterson III.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project