- FORINGER, MERCER, MILLER, MILLIRON, RUPP, SHICK, SILVIS posted by Amanda Foringer on Saturday, July 3, 1999
- I'm looking for information on Anna/Maria Shaffer who was married to Amos Silvis sometime after 1862. She would have died before 1878. I'm trying to connect her with my great grandfather Randas Foringer b:jan 8, 1876 d:aug 27, 1938. I think she might have died in childbirth and then Randas was given by his father, Amos Silvis, to Henry and Susanna Foringer to raise. Any bit of info. would be helpful as this mystery is driving me crazy!!!
- BLACK, HETRICK, KERR, MATTHEWS, SHOTTS posted by Dawn Matthews on Monday, July 5, 1999
- Does anyone have any information on an Otis M. Kerr b. 1883 d. 1960 or his wife Lottie I. Kerr b. 1892 d.1983. I think her maiden name was Black. They lived in Kittanning, in Armstrong County. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- DAWSON, ELIZABETH posted by Donna Bast on Wednesday, July 7, 1999
- Hi, I am trying to find my mothers parents in Pa. She was born in 1918 somewere in Armstrong Co. She lived in Ford City and went to school there. Her father died when she was very young. She told me that he was a lot olded than my grandmother and that he was married once before. They at one time owned a Hotel in Ford City. We moved from Kittanning to California when I was 11yrs old. I know I must have family in Kittanning or Ford City but have not been able to find any. Hope someone will be able to help me. I just started my family tree and so far havent found any thing.
- SHELLY, YOUNT posted by Mark Shelly on Friday, July 9, 1999
- I am looking for the descendants of Solomon YOUNT and Catherine SHELLY of Redbank Twp, Armstrong Co, PA. They were in the 1860 census, possibly in Oak Ridge. Catherine was born 1837 and died in 1910, buried in North Freedom..
- FETTER, KUNSELMAN posted by Mark Shelly on Friday, July 9, 1999
- Elizabeth KUNSELMAN, born Jan 1812, married Henry FETTER about 1832. They lived in Redbank Twp, Armstrong County, but may have come from Northumberland. Her father has been listed as John Kuntzelman and mother Margaret. Does anyone know who her ancestors were?.
- HIMES, KAUFMAN posted by Mark Shelly on Friday, July 9, 1999
- Elizabeth Kaufman married John Himes, possibly in Rebuck Pa. John died in New Salem, Redbank Twp, Armstrong County. Can anyone identify either of their ancestors?.
- HESS, SHELLY posted by Mark Shelly on Friday, July 9, 1999
- Samuel Shelly was the son of Jacob and Eve Shelly of Redbank twp, Armstrong Co., PA. He was baptized 1844 in the Alcola Lutheran Church of Clarion Co., PA. He does not show up in any census or genealogy. He may have had a son Jacob who went to work around Oil City, PA. Does anyone have any information on this Samuel?.
- HIMES, RETTINGER posted by Mark Shelly on Friday, July 9, 1999
- Ann Mary RETTINGER probably married Christian HIMES before 1834. They lived in New Salem, Redbank Twp, Armstrong Co., PA. Does anyone know who her ancestors were?.
- PAINTERS posted by Carole Jamison on Monday, July 12, 1999
- I'm looking for the parents of Margaret Painter, born Abt. 1814 Armstrong Co. and married Peter Dunkle born 1803-died abt. 1880 Clarion Co. They lived in what had been Perry Twp., Armstrong Co. that changed into Perry Twp., Clarion Co. There was a John Painter in the area and his son also John Jr. (both)were in the War of 1812. Can anyone help?.
- LONG posted by Esther Shultz on Monday, July 12, 1999
- I am researching my mother's side of the family history, I am looking for info on Long's who lived in Armstrong County, Pa. I can get the family history back as far as my great-great- grandfather, who was Jacob Oren Long, who married Anne Jane Weisenstein, and they had 8 children; but I don't know the year of Jacob's birth or death. Their children were as follows:
(b) Louis- born in1877, died in 1952, this was my grandfather, he married Sarah Blanche Flick
(c) Irene 1880 died 1958
(d) Margaret born 1883
(g) Jacob Orrie
(h) Blanche -- born 1895
I would like to try and trace my ancestors back to the original one who came to America. If anyone has info, I would be willing to share what I have with them.
- CLARK, MCCONNELL, MCGINNIS posted by Linda McConnell on Tuesday, July 13, 1999
- I am looking for JAMES CLARK, probably born ca 1825, and married MARY McGINNIS, probably ca 1840. They had at least 2 children, a son FRANK CLARK (who lived in the Allegheny/Armstrong County area), and a daughter LOUISA CLARK who married ELISHA ROBINSON McCONNELL by the mid 1870's. ELISHA McCONNELL and LOUISA CLARK McCONNELL lived in Kittanning, PA, where they were parents to 5 children: MURIEL (b 1878 and married John MARONEY), FREDERICA (b ca 1880 and married John NEUBERT),THOMAS LEO (born 1882 and married Cecelia Linnemann), LOUIS EUGENE (b 1884), and CONSTANCE (born1886 and married Albin NORRIS).
- GRIFFITH, NASON, TATE posted by Robert Toutkoushian on Friday, July 16, 1999
- I am looking for information on William R. GRIFFITH and his family. He was born on May 12, 1846 in Bradys Bend, Armstrong County, PA. He married Brernetta TATE and they had several children: Mary, Harry, Elsie, and Alice. After Brernetta diied, William married Evaline NASON, and they had six children: Thomas, Lawrence, John, Margret, Rhoda, and Ester. If anyone has any information on these families, please let me know. Thank you!.
- HUNTER posted by David Hunter on Saturday, July 17, 1999
- I am a descended from Joseph William Hunter, born aprox 1840 in Kittannning, Armstrong County, PA. After serving in the 8thPaReserves during the Civil War he married Jane Caldwell Smith and their son, Arthur Pierson Hunter was born 4/2/66 in Kittanning. Joseph was buried in Kittanning Cemetary in 1898 but nothing is known of his wife, Jane. I don't know Joseph's parents' names so I cannot connect them with the 3 Hunter families the 1840 census shows living in Armstrong Co. then. Any help would be most gratefully accepted. Where else or how should I search? Thank you very much.
- FEY posted by Kathy on Saturday, July 17, 1999
- I am looking for Henry and Margaret FEY who moved to Fredericskburg in 1868 from Shelby Co, Ohio. I am unsure if they moved to Armstrong Co, Pennsylvania. I was told it was Maryland, however, there is no such place. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
- CLAWSON posted by John Laird on Sunday, July 18, 1999
- Thomas Clawson was born on Aug 22, 1801, most likely in Fayette County, the son of Garret and Keziah Sturgis Clawson. Thomas is shown in Freeport Borough in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania in the 1850, 1860, and 1870 censuses. In each case he is shown with his wife Mary, and children Isabella, Caroline, Elizabeth, Kiziah, Thomas, Sarah, and Margaretta. I am researching the Clawson family, and would like to exchange information with anyone doing similar research on one of these family members. Please e-mail me directly as well as posting a response here. Thanks..
- HEIGHT, HIGHT, HITE posted by John Watts on Sunday, July 18, 1999
- Wish to exchange Height data for Heights of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania..
- GUTHRIE, MCCAUSLAND posted by Ron McCausland on Tuesday, July 20, 1999
- David MCCAUSLAND b. Dec 27, 1777, d. Feb 20, 1860 married on Jan 20, 1807 Margaret Jane GUTHRIE b. Oct 18, 1789, d. Apr 1, 1850. They lived in Plumcreek/Cowanshannock Twp. Armstrong Co. I am researching both of these families in Armstrong Co. I would like to correspond with others doing the same...
- MOOREHEAD, MOORHEAD, MOREHEAD, MUIRHEAD posted by Debra Boyer on Friday, July 23, 1999
- ALEXANDER MOORHEAD b 1800-1801;d Dec 3, 1846 Senecaville,OH. m. ANNA FOREMAN bet 1823-1825; dtr. of DAVID FOREMAN & FANNY KIDWELL; Children: JONATHAN B JAN 6, 1828; JOEL b. 1929; ALEXANDER; WILLIAM; HIRAM; RHODA; FANNIE; LYDIA. JOEL MOORHEAD m AMY E. SECREST (parents were HENRY & CATHERINE SECREST, Virginia); children were: THOMAS S.; MARIAH; SOLOMON HILL MOORHEAD b 1852 Guernsey Co. Ohio, m 1st to ELIZABETH JANE ARMSEY on Oct 31, 1876 in West Alexander, Washington Co., Pa.; children were SOLOMON HARRISON; BERTHA ELIZABETH; CARRIE; GRACE; WINNIE. ELIZABETH JANE ARMSEY d age 35. SOLOMON HILL MOORHEAD then married MARY LOUELLA KING and had further children: CURTIS; ARTHUR; and others. Moorhead clan originated in Pa. various counties: Armstrong, Westmoreland, Fayette, Washington and various counties of Ohio, Guernsey & Noble as well as some had moved further west; Illinois, Colorado, Utah, Kansas, etc. Would greatly appreciate ANY/ALL information that is available to make connections. Trying to fill in the gaps of this ancestral line. Appreciate ALL and will share ALL. Thank you, Deb Boyer
- KELLY, YOUNGBLOOD posted by Kathy Kelly on Friday, July 23, 1999
- Seeking any information on Rebecca Youngblood, born 1806 in Indiana County. Found information indicating that she married Hamilton Kelly, born 1805. No evidence of Hamilton in Indiana, but there is one for Armstrong County, same birthdate. If I could find Rebecca it might answer a lot of questions about an Indiana/Armstrong Kelly connection. Help!!.
- GOULD posted by Marilyn Dicks on Tuesday, July 27, 1999
- My ancestor Samuel Wallace GOULD b. 1840 in PA d. cir. 1874 in Beaver Co. PA. He was known as Wallace GOULD and I believe it is my ancestor that appears in the 1850 Armstrong Co. census in Madison Twp. with father John Gould and mother Hannah, siblings are Rachel, Ann, Margaret. In the next visitation on census is a Daniel GOULD with wife Mary, children Magdaline, John and James. There are more Goulds in this Twp. Samuel Wallace moved to Beaver Co. or Lawrence Co and married Ann Morris in the mid 1860s and had 4 daughters, Hannah, Sarah Emma, Mary Jane and Ollie. I mention the daughters as their were no sons to trace fathers or grandfathers given names I am trying this with mothers and grandmothers. The given name of Sara is after grandmother MORRIS. I would appreciate any help with this line as S. W. GOULD died in mining accident in Beaver Co. PA about 1874. .
- HOPPER, REIGHARD, WATTERSON posted by Amanda Foringer on Tuesday, July 27, 1999
- i'm looking for information on Rebecca Hopper b:1812 d:May 6, 1898 buried in the Wattersonville Cem. she was married to Jacob D. Watterson b:July 9, 1811 d:Sept. 27, 1889. Rebecca Hopper's mother was also named Rebecca b:1789. does anyone know who her father was or any of her siblings? thanks amanda.
- NOBLE posted by John Noble on Tuesday, July 27, 1999
- Hi. I have asked this question before but have not received any answers, but no harm in asking again. My 3rd G. Grandfather William Noble Sr. b. abt. 1769 and died 1845. Wife Jane Moore or Moon, farmed in Armstrong Co. E. Franklin Twp. from abt.1801 until late in life. Does anyone know where William was born, or who his ancestors were? Thanks, John Noble.
- GRUBER, SHELLY, SHERMAN, YOUNT posted by Mark Shelly on Tuesday, July 27, 1999
- Eve Yount may have married Jacob Shelly of Redbank Twp between 1830 and 1846, Armstrong Co. I believe she may have died after the birth of her daughter Eliza Shelly, baptized in Acola in 1847. Eliza "Shelly" Sherman may have been raised by Euphemia Gruber, possibly in Strattanville. Can anyone tell me about Eve or Euphemia? Were they related? Who were their parents?.
- MCKINNEY, SNOW posted by Shelby Wilson on Tuesday, July 27, 1999
- Looking for any information of the Snow's & McKinneys of Brady Bend Twp. My ancestor John Snow married to a Margaret McKinney. Possible that a Phillip Snow is his father and Phillips father possibly could be a Nicholas Snow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Willing to share..
- HOPPER posted by Lee Dettman on Wednesday, July 28, 1999
- You mentioned the family Hopper in your message. I am looking for information on my gg grandmother,Mary Hopper, in Armstrong County. She was b.1812 and d.1895. Buried in Sherret Cemetary. Married to John Earley b.1810 and d.1887. They had 11 children, 2 died in infancy.Since Sherret is on the road to Wattersonville, thought you might have some information or ran across the names in your research. Thanks .
- GOULD posted by Lee Dettman on Wednesday, July 28, 1999
- My g grandmother was Mary Melinda Gould, supposedly born in Armstrong County. Don't know birth and death dates, but she married Benjamin McElravy, also from Armstrong County. They moved to Karns City in Butler County, where he was a blacksmith. My grandfather, William, was one of 10 children. He was b. 1889 and was not the eldest. Have you come across Mary Melinda in your research? Thanks for any information..
- HAWK, REDDICK, REDICK posted by Robin on Friday, July 30, 1999
- I am looking for information about Rev. John Reddick/Redick. He was listed along with ?son James, in the 1850 S. Buffalo, Armstrong Co. census John Reddick 74 male clergyman PA Elizabeth 61 female PA Mary E. 21 female PA James Mattews 12 male PA Several farms away James Reddick 32 male farmer PA Elizabeth 28 female PA This all matches what I found in Beers, under Samuel Redick, but spelling and dates differ a bit Are they the same family? Does anyone know if John had more children, and where he might have been before Armstrong CO.? Thanks for any help! Robin.
- COOPER, KUNSELMAN, LUCK, ROBINSON, THOMPSON, WELDON posted by Robinson on Friday, July 30, 1999
- I am searching for my grandfather's family - he never spoke of them or introduced them. His name was Emmett ROBINSON. I believe he was born in 1868 in Elk County, PA to John J. ROBINSON (b. 184?) and Julia Ann THOMPSON (b.1/15/1845 - d.5/4/1931 in Armstrong County, PA). His siblings were John Perry ROBINSON (b. 1864) w/issue - Mary, Lillian, Dorothy, and William; Mary ROBINSON (b. 1871) married ? COOPER; James J. ROBINSON (b. 1873); Emma ROBINSON (b. 1877 married WELDON w/issue - Wallace, James, and Ruth (married Thomas LUCK)) and Robert ROBINSON (b. 1874). Apparently Emmett ROBINSON married a Jennette KUNSELMAN in Clarion Co., PA in 1889 and had two sons (Oliver and Wilbur). The estate settlement for Julia Ann THOMPSON ROBINSON states that Wilbur ROBINSON married a Magie and resided in Indiana, PA. It said that Oliver ROBINSON married a Grace and resided in Pittsburgh, PA. Julia's death certificate says she was buried in North Freedom, PA (wherever that is). This is ! all I know. Any information anyone can provide will certainly be appreciated..
- FOX, MOORE posted by Linda Kleback on Saturday, July 31, 1999
- Trying to find parents and siblings for Katherin "Katie" FOX (1820-1896) who m. Jonathan Nelson MOORE and resided in Armstrong Co., PA..
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project