- BLYSTONE, LORE posted by William Blystone on Tuesday, June 1, 1999
- Looking for information on the Blystone and Lore families in Armstrong County. Ancestor John Blystone ( born 1801 )is buried in Whitesburg, PA. And I understand many other Blystones came from that area. Any information on any Blystone appreciated.
- HOLLER, MCCLEMMONS posted by Yvonne Clinker on Tuesday, June 1, 1999
- Searching for info on George Henry Holler(ar) died in Armstrong Co in 1830's. Wife Jane McClemmons. Need death and burial place of both-George Henry was a Revolutionary War soldier. George was my 4th Great Grandfather, any info appreciated.
- DITCH, KELLAR, STEPHEY posted by Cyndi Hailey on Tuesday, June 1, 1999
- Looking for Daniel and Susan Ditch, listed in the 1850 Census at the dwelling of innkeeper, Thomas Berringer in Kittanning, Armstrong County, PA.
- HORNER posted by Brian Ensley on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- Looking for grave site of Solomon S. Horner who died around 1900 and the graves of his wives. He was married four times and at least one wife is supposedly buried in or near Elderton in amongst Kimmel's and Ankeny's. Solomon is supposedly buried in a Kimmel Burial Plot outside of Elderton. Any information would greatly be appreciated.
- ANTHONY, ERWIN, LAVELY, RUFFNER posted by Kathie Kelley on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- Just found out that "my" Rebecca LAVELY was not a Smith but an ANTHONY. She married Isaac S(mith?) LAVELY. The family resided in S. Bethlehem or Distant Pa, Armstrong County.
Also still looking for info on Julia LAVELY (Rebecca's daughter) and Charles Fletcher ERWIN with whom Rebecca was residing at the time of her death.
Nancy Ann LAVELY (child of Rebecca and Isaac, sib of Julia) married a George RUFFNER.
- SAUNDERS, WALLS posted by Nancy Walls on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- Looking for someone who is related to an Ada (WALLS) SAUNDERS. My Grandfathers' sister Ada Walls married a Saunders. Am looking for anyone who knows anything about Ada and her parents. Please email me directly. Thanks Nan.
- LONG, WEISENSTEIN posted by Esther Shultz on Wednesday, June 2, 1999
- Hi, I am looking for infor on my mothers side of the history,if there is any Longs out there who might be able to help me, I would like to hear from them!
I will start with myself:
(1) Esther Shultz - born 1/1/1946
(2) Dorothy (Long) Hepler -- born 3/8/1914
(3) Louis St. Clair Long -- born ? ?1877
(4) Jacob Oren Long married Anna Jane WEISENSTEIN,
Now this is where I get confused, someone in the Long connection sent me the descendants of John Nicholas Long, and there are so many Jacob's on this list that I am lost, as to who would be my ancestor that came from Germany, so if there is someone who is descended from my Jacob or his brothers or sisters out there I would love to hear from them and help me get this straight out! My line of Long's came from Armstrong County !
- WESTER posted by Norene Hildebrandt on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- My father, Charles W. Wester, was born in Armstrong Co. PA (I think in Kittanning) on Sept 4, 1905. I am searching for his parents' names or any other information I can find.
- LITHGOW, SCOTT posted by Jan on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- Looking for any information on George Gamiel SCOTT b abt 1855/56. He married Harrietta/Henrietta/Hattie LITHGOW b abt 1856. They had at least two sons: Walter Francis SCOTT b 1878 in Petrolia, Butler Co. PA and another son Harry Snowden SCOTT birthdate unknown. According to the Butler Co. Fairview Twp, PA 1880 census, George was born in PA, his father was born in England, and his mother was born in PA. The census shows "Hattie" was born in PA, her father was born in PA, and her mother was born in PA. The census lists George's occupation as oil producer. Hattie died/is buried? in Kittanning, Armstrong Co, Pa abt July 6, 1908 and George died in 1910. I'd love to know where they are buried, who their parents were, and if they had any siblings. Their son Walter, had a son who had the middle name of "Adrian" so I'm wondering if it was a family name, or if he was named after the town Adrian, in Armstrong Co. Harry's middle name of "Snowden" also leaves me speculating if it ! was a family name and if any Snowden's were in the area. Hope someone has some clues on these SCOTT and LITHGOW lines.
- COURTNEY, HAMILTON, HUFFMAN, MCCUTCHEON, RAEBURN posted by Marjorie Hamilton Schmidt on Thursday, June 3, 1999
- I am looking for any descendents of Judge Rayburn living in Kittanning Pa in the early 1800's or late 1700's. I had a bit of info that my 3rd Gr Grandmother was his Aunt. She was Agnes (aka Nancy) Rayburn b abt 1737 in Scotland married to John Hamilton. Came from Scotland to Cumberland abt 1769 then to Westmoreland Co. circa 1785 This info is not verified as yet.
- BUSH, DUCKETT posted by Shane Milburn on Friday, June 4, 1999
- Looking for any information on George Jefferson Duckett and Eliza or Elizabeth Bush. They had a son named Adam Duckett who moved to Ohio (Scioto CO.) sometime before 1880. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Shane.
- GEORGE, WOODWARD posted by Earl Clark on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- Seeking information on Absalom Woodward b. 1826 in Plumcreek Twp., Armstrong Co. as verified by Civil War enlistment records. He married Sarah Ann George b. 1835/36 in Plumcreek Twp., the daughter of Peter George. We are also seeking info on the family of Benjamen George who lived adjacent to Absalom Woodward who settled in Plumcreek Twp. abt 1790.
- BAYNE, HOUCK posted by Marge Hough on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- I am looking for information about the families of my great-grandparents: John BAYNE and Catherine HOUCK BAYNE. I believe that Catherine was the sister of John HOUCK, Fannie HAZLETT, AND Margaret HOUCK since they are all buried together in the Kittanning cemetery.
- AKEY, BLEAKNEY, BRANAN, HALL, MONTGOMERY, MOORHEAD, ROBINSON posted by Ron Montgomery on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- My ggg grandparents James Bleakney (b ca. 1760 in Franklin Co, PA) and Margaret Moorhead (b ca. 1765 - d 1809)came to Plumcreek Twp, Armstrong Co, ca. 1803 with their son William (1790 - 1871). William (Bilzy) Bleakney m Mary Akey (1800 - 1886) in 1817. One of Mary's 11 children was Thomas Bleakney (1832 - 1910) who married Pauline Robinson (1835 - 1915). One of Pauline's 7 children was my grandfather William Curtis Bleakney, who married Millie Hall (1876 - 1951). One of Millie's 8 children includes my mother Ruth, who m Harry Montgomery. The Montgomery's came from the Worthington Armstrong Co area. Harry's parents were Harry Montgomery and Sallie Branan. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has a connection.
- ELLIS, MILLER, SWIGART, YOUNG posted by Michael Swigart on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- Looking for pedigree information on John and Barbara Ann (Young) Swigart b. 1790's in ?, Pennsylvania, emigrated to Richland Co. Ohio about 1800 with families. John and Barbara Swigart married about 1816. Children: Abram, George W., Luthor, Leonard, Solomon Gladden, Amy, maybe Rebecca born between 1818 and 1839 and settled in various Ohio Counties inluding Armstrong..
- BRICE, BROWN, SMITH posted by Wanda Waters on Monday, June 7, 1999
- I am looking in Armstrong CO. for William C. Smith who married Nancy E. Brown they had at least one daughter Mary B. (6/18/1900-4/9/1964) who married Leslie C. Brice (2/31/1891-12/25/1968. These are my grandparents and great grandparents. If any one has any information it would be greatly appreciated..
- CONRAD, CRAIG posted by John Lindberg on Tuesday, June 8, 1999
- Seeking descendants of George Washington Craig Sr. and his wife Mary Magdalen Conrad of Madison Townsahip, Armstrong county. Twelve children after 1822. Buried in Tidal Cemetery..
- COOK posted by Doug Cook on Wednesday, June 9, 1999
- Thomas Cook b. 1827. Married Analiza (Eliza) b. 1834. They moved from Armstrong County to Greene County, PA around 1850. Brother Robert who also moved to Greene County..
- HARTZELL, RUPP posted by Tom hartzell on Saturday, June 12, 1999
- Jacob Hartzell I B:1770-1780, possibly Bucks County. Died in Armstrong County. He moved from 5 Points Mountain to Armstrong County, date unknown. Wife Roseann, no data.
Daughter Roseanna (1815-1889) born on old Rupp family farm in Armstrong County. Married Adam Rupp (1817-1861), born/died Armstrong County. 9 children, including Esther B:1841, and Lavina B:1845.
Son Jacob II (1803-circa 1883) probably not born in Armstrong County, died Clarion County. Married 1st Catherine Schrekengast B:1805 D:circa 1850 born/died Armstrong County. Married 2nd Francis Schall (1847-1934) born/died Clarion County. Jacob II's descendents fairly well documented.
Am looking for info on Jacob I, Jacob II, Rupp family. Any info will be appreciated.
- REARICK posted by Lawrence Rearick on Saturday, June 12, 1999
- My grandfather moved his family to NW Indiana from the Rural Valley,Kittaning area about 1920 his name was Walter Lee Rearick born January 7,1878 died May 31,1944.I have not been able to find much on his ancestors but I do have a lot of info on his decendants. I would be willing to share.I do hope you are abel to help me or to point me in the direction of someone who can.Thanks for reading this.
- BLASER, RYAN, SENDELBACH posted by Vickie Negron on Sunday, June 13, 1999
- I'm searching for information on the Nicholas Blaser family and would appreciate any help I can get here. This is what I have: Nicholas b 15 Nov 1859 Luxumburg, Germany d 18 Mar 1922 Ford City, Armstrong, Pa m 3 Jan 1892 Theresia Sendelbach b 15 Sep 1872 Tiffin, Ohio d 10 Mar 1956 Ford City, Armstrong, Pa. They had 9 children- William, Margaret Ella, Louise, Nettie, Emma, Dorothy, Loretta, Joseph and Helen. Margaret Ella m William Francis Ryan 21 Nov 1925 in Niles, Ohio.(Margaret and William were my grandparents)Would love to hear about any of these Blaser's.
- MCMURRAY, MESSICK, REMALEY, TODD, WATSON posted by Lucinda Woods on Sunday, June 13, 1999
- William Watson and margaret McMurray lived in Armstrong Co. they had children:Margaret, Letitia, Jane Simpson, Archibald married Amanda messick, John, Isreal, Joshua, George. Margaret Watson married Remaley..
- MILLER, WHIPKEY posted by Brenda Harbert on Monday, June 14, 1999
- I am researching my ggg grandparents, I do not know what county they are from, but they are from PA. I know little about them. I am searching for John Miller, and he is married to Tabitha Whipkey, and they had a daughter, Susana Miller. She married a William Welling from Marshall county WV. I would appreciate any info that anyone can give me on them. Thank you. Brenda Harbert..
- ARNOLD, CLARK posted by Barbara Arnold on Thursday, June 17, 1999
- Am searching for information on a George A. Clark, living at 873 Johnson Ave, Kittanning, Armstrong Co., PA about 1874. He sent a photo that he took of my great great grandfather, George Arnold, along with his wife and several children. George A. Clark sent this to "Dear uncle," presumably my great great grandfather. The photo also has an older man, likely George's father, John Arnold. The photo was probably taken on a farm in Butler Co. where the John Arnold family settled about 1838. I'm guessing that George Clark's mother was George Arnold's sister. Trying to obtain any information on her to figure out other family members and the location of the farm in Butler Co. Thanks for any help with this. Barb Arnold.
- REAM, RUFFNER posted by E.B. Holschuh on Friday, June 18, 1999
- Looking for help with the surnames REAM and RUFFNER in Armstrong County (and/or Indiana County) prior to 1870. Specifically, looking for any info John REAM (b. abt 1827) and Nancy RUFFNER (b. abt 1834), who married abt 1855. Really would like to know John's father's name (poss Henry REAM). Please email me directly if you can help!.
- REED posted by Cheryl Waterman on Friday, June 18, 1999
- Searching for info on William Reed who lived in Plumtree Township, Armstrong Co. in the 1850 census. Wife was Mary A with many children..
- FINK, MACGUIRE posted by Fred Fink on Saturday, June 19, 1999
- Looking for info on my great great great grandparents: Micheal and Mary Fink. They had at least two sons: William Born 1856 and my great great grandfather Jacob born 1860. Jacob married Sadir (MACGUIRE) May 20 1890 in West Millvale, Pa. Jacob and Sadir had five Children: Charles, Frank, Dolly, Effie and my Great Grandfather: Joseph born 1897 in Oak Ridge,PA Joseph married Fannie (Hetrick)They had seven children: Alfred, Ruby(Griffith), Mildred(Leonard), Alice(Byers),Violet(Shields), Louis(Livingston) and my Grandfather Edward C Fink.
- CRAMER, HARE, LEIGHLEY, PAINTER, REED, SIPE, SMITH, SNYDER, WEAVER posted by Mark Painter on Saturday, June 19, 1999
- Seeking information on Elizabeth Painter Snyder who was born 1772 and died in Bethel twp., in 1872 at the home of her son, Joseph Snyder, she is buried at the Bethel Lutheran church, she was the daughter of George Bender or Painter,she was also the sister of Eve Painter Sipe who was the wife of Charles Sipe of Buffalo twp., he was the great grandfather of C.Hale Sipe the historian, my line is thru her brother William who lived in Armstrong for a time and settled in what is now Winfield twp., Butler Co., in 1868 his son John & Jane Cruikshank Painter moved to the Painter farm on top of a hill in North Buffalo twp, along a road called Bunker Hill road, part of the land is still owned by a branch of the family now a Bowser,my grandfather, Royal Herbert Painter 1899-1961 was the last to be born there, he lived in Walk-Chalk and left for Mercer Co., Pa, in 1947. Most of my lines are from the area of West Kittanning, East Franklin and Buffalo twp. Does anyone know of a Sipe! family History of the family of C. Hale Sipe?.
- SHAEFFER, SHAFFER, SNYDER posted by Sandy Walczak on Sunday, June 20, 1999
- Looking for family in Redbank Twp, Armstrong Co, PA.
- MARTZ, MINICH, SAXTON, WECKER posted by Cathy Fimbel on Monday, June 21, 1999
- Searching for information on Thomas P. Saxton, b. 1798 in Armstrong County. I do not have his wife's name. Eventually this family line goes to Reynoldsville, Jefferson County, PA, via his son, Elijah Saxton. Any information would be appreciated..
- BRINCKER, BRINKER, COLWELL, HILGERT, HOFFMAN, MANI, MAUNEY, MILLER, MOHNEY, PROCIOUS, RIDEL, RIEGEL, SCHMIDT, SHAFFER, SHIRA, SHIREY, SMITH, WAGENER posted by Clarence Shirey on Monday, June 21, 1999
- Compiling and soon hope to publish MOHNEY Genealogy on the forebears and Descendants of Adam MANI / MAUNEY/ Now: MOHNEY, Sr. b. 1750's from Northampton Co., PA., who came to Redbank Twp., Armstrong County, where he purchased 1,037 Acres on 1 May 1811. He died in 1818. Buried: Trinity U. C. C., Alcola, PA., land he sold to the church. (His land went from what is now the stream beside Nolf Motors on Rte. 28 to nearly Sherman Heights on Rte. 28!!) I believe he married twice!! His first wife: Maria Catharine (nee???) His second?? wife is: Maria Catrina (HILGERT / HILLIARD) b. ca. 1764, died Jan. 1841, in now Hawthorn, Clarion Co., PA. Children
1. Magdalena, b. 21 June 1771, d. 18 Mar. 1855, md. Johann "Yost" SCHMIDT / SMITH ( Buried now Trinity U. C. C. Cemetery, Alcola, Their home still stands at Oak Ridge)
2. Anna 'CATHARINE', b. Aug. 1773, d. July 1857, md. Jacob BRINCKER / BRINKER, Sr. (buried at Churchville & their home still stands)
3. Johannes (John) b. 28 Mar. 1774, d. 27 Nov. or Apr. 1856, md. Catharina (WAGENER) (They are buried at Alcola, near where their stone house had been)[my ancestors!]
4. Peter, b. ca. 1775, d. ca. 8 Mar. 1832, md. Margaret (RIEGEL) lived in Curllsville, now Clarion Co. area - his estate says "survived by six children, two youngest in minority" = yet, Census shows him with more!! Who are children?? Where is the man buried?? "Back '40??"
5. Susanna, b. ca. 1788/ 1791, d. after 1860 Census, md. Jacob MILLER, SR. = Her age on Census shows her younger than original est. of 1778- (Their farm was where McCAULEY Trucking in Hawthorn now is!)
6. Anna 'Christina' b. Sept.1781, md. William HOFFMAN - Who are their children?? They leave what was Millville, Redbank twp., Armstrong Co. - now Hawthorn, Clarion Co. in 1826! Where did they go?? Was it to Michigan?? Who were their children?? 6 boys & 3 girls per 1820 Census!
7. John 'Jacob' b. May 1783, d. before 19 June 1832, in Millville, PA. md. Maria RIDEL - some of his family went to Michigan, where are the rest?? Did she remarry?? If so, who??
8. Henry, b. ca. 1785 = what happened to him?? There are Henry's in Census, but none appear to be correct ages!
9. Elizabeth, b. 17 Feb. 1786 - who did she marry?? Why isn't she named by Adam in his Will?? Did she perhaps marry Peter BUTZ?? And possibly a second marriage??
10. Abraham, b. 15 Aug. 1788 [twin] md. Eva Christina, b. 12 Aug. 1793, d. 20 Oct. 1873, in Ohio.,(I copied this from her gravestone myself! ) The family moved to Ohio, where he died in 1840, unfortunately without a Will!! His wife remarried William COLWELL. Who were all their many children?? [By process of "elimination" I think he is possibly the father of my Great-Great Grandfather, Adam G. MOHNEY, who went to Michigan!]
11. Isaac, b.15 Aug. 1788 [twin] funeral on 2 Feb. 1834, md. Eve SHAFFER. [ again my ancestors!] They too lived in what is now Hawthorn, PA. Upon his death she remarried a PROCIOUS. Was it David or Peter??
12. Adam, Jr. b. 7 Sept. 1790, d. Mar. 1832, md. Susanna (SHIRA / SHIREY) - Lived in now Hawthorn. [Susanna, was a sister, to my G. G. Grandfather, John SHIRY, Sr. - now SHIREY - Who lived near Mayport - North Freedom area in Redbank twp., Armstrong County. See: "Parentage & Descendants of John SHIRY, Sr. & Mary "Polly SHAFFER" (1974) That I published (over 2,000 pages!!)
See: Northampton County, Bucks County, PA. Queries I've entered, also St. Joseph, Van Buren, Kalamazoo Co. Michigan.
Clarence R. Shirey
- BURKETT, HELLER, HINDERLEITER posted by Pat Crawford on Thursday, June 24, 1999
- Searching for Peter Burkett born in 1818 PA., -- Ann Hinderliter[Hinderleiter] -- Sarah Jane Burkett born Armstrong county March 11, 1850-- and Milton J. Heller. I think these people lived in Pa. before 1886. There is suppose to be family connections today in Pennsylvania.
- TARR posted by Dona Halad on Friday, June 25, 1999
- Looking for the decendants of Frederick and Maria Isabella Heilman Tarr. They settled in Tarrtown in Armstrong Co. in 1811-12. He built a sawmill and a school there.
- BISH, CONFER, TITUS posted by Sherry Jesberger on Friday, June 25, 1999
- Looking for anyone connected to the Bish family of Kellerburg, Armstrong Co., PA. All of them are related, so if you have the name in your ancestry, I will probably be able to connect you. Also, looking for descendents of Frederick Confer, born 1774 in Berks Co., PA and died 1857 in Porter Twp., Jefferson Co., PA-- married first to Elizabeth Werner, second to Catherine, the widow of John Bish. In 1820 he lived in Buffalo Twp., Armstrong Co., PA Fred's daughters were Catherine Confer married to George Nulf; Rebecca Confer married to David Bish; Elizabeth Confer married to Samuel Bish; Sarah Confer married first to Daniel Yale and second to Jacob Himes. Frederick Confer also had a son Peter whom I have been unable to trace, and possibly some other daughters. Most of the above mentioned daughters moved to Horton Twp., Elk Co., PA. Thanks a bunch!.
- REEDY, RUPP, WEAVER posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Saturday, June 26, 1999
- Looking for the family of Jacob Oblinger/Uplinger who married Barbara Reeder. Both born about 1750 in Northhampton Co.PA. They moved into Kittanning Twp. Armstrong Co.PA. Children: John, Daniel, Sarah, Jacob, Jane, Barbara, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Mary, Molly. Most interested in SARAH who married John Rupp. John Rupp's parents were Johann Adam & Phillipina Phoebe Saxman Rupp. Johann Adam was the son of Johann Frantz Rupp & Margareta Waltenbaugh. Please reply. Libby
- HICKENLOOPER posted by Larry Bernard on Saturday, June 26, 1999
- I have recently discovered that my great great grandfathers last name was Hickenlooper. He either died or comitted suicide at the glass house in New Ken. If you know anything regarding this please e-mail me. Thank you..
- MCCARTNEY posted by Maxine McCartney Gates on Sunday, June 27, 1999
- Searching for any McCartney families in Armstrong county.
- CARNEY, MONTGOMERY posted by Joseph Montgomery on Sunday, June 27, 1999
- Looking for any vital information on the Montgomery / Carney family in Armstrong County. RS Montgomery was great grandfather, George Montgomery grandfather, Charles Montgomery father. Searching for any brothers and/or sisters of George, the same for RS, and also the full name of RS. Possibly from Armstrong County..
- CROWE, DELILAH posted by Shirley Fazekas on Tuesday, June 29, 1999
- Delilah Crowe was b. in Gray Eddy, Armstrong county, PA. She died in 1958 at 98 years of age. Her husband was James Tolbert Stoddart b. Calgary Canada in 1842 They were married on March 27, 1878 by Rev. Harry Hayes document witnessed by J. H. Henry and G. W. Cook One child lived, Walter Stoddart, b. 1882 in Armstrong County Information about Delilah's parents would be appreciated..
- HAINES, MCMILLEN posted by Daisy Haines on Tuesday, June 29, 1999
- I am serching for any information on Frederick Haines born in 1826 died in 1914, Wayne Twp. Armstrong Co. Pa. He is buried in cemetery in Belknap, Pa. located in a corn field. He served in the Mexican and Civil Wars. He was married at least 2 times, first wife unknown, second wife was Mary McMillen, born Aug.16 1876, died Aug.18 1946. They had 7 children; Laura Rose, John Frederick, Anna Leona, Julia Alice, Edward George, Clyde Dale, and Dolly Mae. Anyone with any information on any of these people or other family members, please contact me at my E-Mail..
- FRANTZ, ISEMAN, KEENER, OTTERMAN posted by Robert Keener on Wednesday, June 30, 1999
- My name is Robert Keener and I live in Asheville, NC. I grew up in Armstrong Co., PA and descend from George, Henry, James Shields, and Paul C Keener. Surnames of spouses of these men include those listed above. All were residents of Armstrong Co..
- DOVERSPIKE, MAHNY, MILLER, MOHNEY, MULKINS, SCHNEIDER, SHAFFER, SNYDER, WEINBERG posted by Clarence Shirey on Wednesday, June 30, 1999
- Seeking further information on Descendants of: Isaac MAHNY/ MOHNEY, s/o Adam (1750 -1818) = (twin of Abraham) b. 15 Aug. 1788, funeral was held on 2 Feb. 1834, in Millville (at that time, Redbank Twp., Armstrong Co. PA. ) now, Hawthorn, Clarion Co., PA. He married EVE (SHAFFER) b. 30 Sept. 1797, in Rebuck, Northumberland County, PA.,[ My 3rd Great-Grandparents thru my Mother's lines) She was the daughter of John SHAFFER, SR. & Margaret Elisabetha (SCHNEIDER/ SNYDER) early settlers near Mayport, PA. Rte. 536 & Rte. 28 intersection. Isaac's family -
1. John, b. ca. 1814, d. before 1896, md. Huldah (nee?) lived in Three Rivers, Michigan. Huldah, died 4 Nov. 1896, aged 79 y. 5 m. 27 d. in Three Rivers, Mich.
2. Abraham, b. 1817, d.13 June 1856 at Mohney Lake, Michigan, aged 39 yr., md. Mary Anne WEINBERG
3. Mary 'Polly' b. 12 May 1819, d. 30 Mar. 1896 md. Rev. George SNYDER, of Porter & Timblin area and had a "slew" of children!
4. Catharine, b. 21 Mar. 1821, d. 28 Sept. 1905 in Dry Ridge, Redbank Twp., Armstrong Co. md. Christian MILLER, SR. [my Maternal GG Grandparents! = published Genealogy on them in 1984]
5. Valentine, b. 12 Nov. 1824, d.15 June 1909 in Brookville md. Sarah Ann MULKINS. (his obituary says he was a member of the L.D.S. Church)
6. Susanna , b. 1825, D. 28 Mar. 1898, Md. John MILLER (Brother of Christian) also in Dry Ridge.
7. Samuel, b. 21 Mar. 1827, believed he married Amanda DOVERSPIKE. When did he die?? Where buried??
8. Jesse S. b. 19 Feb. 1830, d. 6 Dec. 1909, Cass Co. Missouri, md. Eliza Jane WALTERS. [ See Queries about him earlier dates on USGenForum, etc. ]
9. Margaret Anna "Peggy Ann" b. 1 Oct. 1832, what happened to her, I assume she went along to Michigan! Who did she marry??
Eve (SHAFFER) MOHNEY remarried a Mr. PROCIOUS. What happened to them?? Did they too go to Ohio or Michigan?? If so, where?? Why can't we find them??
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project