- BAIR, BYERS, HANKEY, MILLER posted by Kate Jett on Sunday, May 2, 1999
- Researching Armstrong County PA ancestral families of Bair, Byers, Hankey and descendants of John & Frances (Sagaster) Miller. John Miller born circa 1797 Canton Berne, Switzerland, came to America 1819, died Armstrong County and his will was probated July 3, 1873. Children: Twins Jacob & John (John died infant); Anna Elizabeth b. 1825 mar 1845 a Mr. Johnson; John (second); Samuel, b. 1829 mar Lucinda Hankey in 1849; Henry (Heinrich Simmerli) b. 1832 near Homestead, Allegheny Co PA, Henry mar in 1851 Catherine Hankey (sister to Lucinda) and mar (2nd) Mary Ann Baer Byers of Brady's Bend; Josephine b. & d. circa 1834; Family moved from Allegheny County PA to Armstrong County circa 1840. Mary Ann Baer Byers was Civil War widow of Samuel Byers of Armstrong Co.; (Samuel Byers' sister was mother of Catherine & Lucinda Hankey) John Miller became naturalized Citizen in Armstrong County Dec. 19, 1848. Looking for any descendants of this or above related familes.
- BLACK, BRUNER, BURNS, DYESS, ESHENBAUGH, GARVEY, KERR, MOORE, PETERS, WALTERS, WILSON posted by Linda Kleback on Monday, May 3, 1999
- Researching Heney BRUNER (abt 1815-aft 1880)and Annie PETERS (abt 1817-1896) and their children: John A. (1843-1920) m. 1 Emma ESHENBAUGH and 2. Jane GARVEY; Adam A. (1845-1928) m. Sarah Ellen KERR; Sarah E. (1847-?); Harriet Malinda (1850-1919) m. William B. BURNS; George (1852-?); Abagail Rebecca "Adaline" (1857-1923) m. William Henry DYESS; Margaret Jane (1857-1918) m. William Thomas ESHENBAUGH; David (1860-1929) m. Mary Ella WALTERS; Mary Ann (1864-?) m. 1. Daniel BLACK 2. James C. MOORE; Mary Elizabeth (1867-?); and Charles (1869-?).
- GOODARD posted by Jacque Watson on Tuesday, May 4, 1999
- I would like any information about my great-grandfather, Albert E. Goodard who was born about 1863 in Kittaning, Armstrong County, PA. He moved to Colorado as a miner and lived in Boulder County, CO.
- SHADRACH, SHADRACK, SHEDRICK posted by Sheila Burke on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- Looking for info on a James Shadrach buried in Kittaning Cemetery, Armstrong County. Date unknown right now. Found a scrap of info and all I have to go on is the Cemetery name and a possible location of the grave.
- CONNELL, LEHMKUHL, MURDOCK, SCHRADER, SPANGLER posted by Frederick Lehmkuhl on Wednesday, May 5, 1999
- Looking for links to Michael Curtiss SPANGLER b. April 7 1856 Kellersburg, Armstrong Co., Pa.
- MCCLOSKEY, NEELY, WHITE, WRIGHT posted by Donna Venturini on Friday, May 7, 1999
- looking for more information on these families in Armstrong County. They lived in Kiskimenatas. Alexander Wright married Jane Neely in 1847. Their daughter, Emma Bell Wright married Robert Dunlap McCloskey. Leonard McCloskey was in the 1850 census in Armstrong County. He was the father of Robert Dunlap McCloskey. Robert Worthy McCloskey ,Robert Dunlap's son, married Carrie White, daughter of Henry and Lavina White.
- BOYLE posted by Mark Haggerty on Saturday, May 8, 1999
- My Great Grand Father Daniel Boyle was born in Bradys Bend, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania on April 12, 1855 to Neal Boyle and Nancy Black (she was born in Johnstown, PA on April 12, 1814 to Archibald Black). Neal Boyle was born in County Donagal, Ireland in 1812 and left in the 1840's. Dan had three brothers one of whom was John W. Boyle born in 1846. Dan and John moved to St. Paul, Minnesota in 1879 and his entire family still live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota in 1999. My phone is (612) 546-2075 and FAX is (612)512-8451. If you have information on the Boyles of Bradys Bend I'd love to hear from you.
- SAGERSON, SEGERSON, SIGERSON posted by Chuck Sigerson on Saturday, May 8, 1999
- Our family were early settlers in Western Pa. Patrick Sagerson came from Ireland (County Kerrey) thru Boston to Pa about 1750. He died around 1810. He had 11 sons and daughters and he fought in the Rev war. Looking for anything on the family while it was in or around Armstong Co. or anywhere else.
- CONGLETON, EMERICK, LEONARD posted by Marleen VanHorne on Saturday, May 8, 1999
- John CONGLETON, his wife Jane and their childern lived in Armstrong and Westmoreland Counties from at least 1810 to after 1850. Their children were Martha CONGLETON, who married a LEONARD, and had a son John LEONARD; Eliza CONGLETON; William CONGLETON, who married Margaret Louisa EMERICK and had Agnes Emma CONGLETON, John CONGLETON, George Emerick CONGLETON, Catherine CONGLETON and Charles CONGLETON; and Leonidas CONGLETON, who married Rose and had Mary CONGLETON and Emma CONGLETON. I would like to correspond with anyone researching these surnames.
- TERWILLIGER posted by Vickie Young on Sunday, May 9, 1999
- Looking for any TERWILLIGER descendants in Armstrong County PA.
- BLANCHAR, BLANCHARD, COONEY, DUNN, MCSWEENEY posted by Jim Cooney on Monday, May 10, 1999
- My GGrandparents, Patrick and Honora (Anglin or Costello) COONEY were said to have lived in Armstrong County from abt 1854 to abt 1859. Two of their children may have been born in the county during this time: John Cooney and Margaret A. Cooney. Margaret may have been born in Leechburg. Patrick, a recent Irish emmigrent at this time was said to have worked for the railroad. He may have come from VT and NY to PA and then moved on to OH and eventually settled and died in IA. Would appreciate any information.
- ALLISON, SCHMELTZER, SNOW posted by Gale Boehm on Tuesday, May 11, 1999
- I am looking for information on Jemima Schmeltzer daughter of Leon & Rachel Ann Snow. She was born in Aug. 1863. Southbend twp. Armstrong co. Pa. They say she died during the 1930's? I can't find her? Her husband was Alonzo Allison son of Robert.They lived in Indiana co. Pa. I've been working on this line for 28 yrs. now. I need help.
- KUNSELMAN, MINICH, POWELL, SHICK posted by Amanda Foringer on Tuesday, May 11, 1999
- I am searching for info. on Elias Kunselman b:March 21,1831 m:Elizabeth Powell b:Jan 14, 1832 d:Nov 29, 1898. They had the following children: Jacob T. b:1863, William, Grant, Jane b:1857 and Miria. Jacob T. Kunselman m:Rebecca Minich daughter of Simon Minich and Mary Brocious. ANY help on this family would be appriciated. have some info. to share. thank you
- CENTRY, HUGHES posted by Martha Lee on Tuesday, May 11, 1999
- Searching for information on family of Thomas Hughes who was born in Armstrong Co., Pa about 1800. He married Johannah Centry ( I don't know where or when). He died in Harrisonburg, Va. on 20, Oct.1866. Who were his parents and siblings?
- FULLER, FYE, ROSE posted by Kathy Burdge on Wednesday, May 12, 1999
- I am looking for my 4rthgreat grandfather Henry Fuller who married Mary Ann Rose and lived in Allegheny,Armstrong, PA. My 3rdgreatgrandfather Christopher H. Fuller was born there on Dec.19, 1855. I am trying to find out if Henry died in Pa. Christopher H. Fuller married in Cuyahoga, Cleveland, Oh on March 1874. Henry by census was 36 in 1860. And Mary Ann Rose was 33 in 1860. They had 6 children: Samuel F. Fuller,Shirwell M. Fuller, Margaret Fuller, David R. Fuller, Christopher H. Fuller, And John G. Fuller. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
- JONES posted by Scott Emmel on Wednesday, May 12, 1999
- At the East Brady Cemetery in East Brady, Armstrong County, we recently came across the tombstone for Lavina and Llewellyn Jones.
According to the stone, it said Lavina J. Jones was born on 3/7/1845 and died on 9/2/1889. Llewellyn lived from 1844-1916.
There is also another stone nearby that reads "Aunt Mary Jones."
It is beside the stone of Peter and Sarah Henry. Peter and Sarah had a daughter named Lavina who was also born in 1845. We are wondering if maybe Lavina is their daughter....
Is there any other researchers out there that may be researching this family and have any idea what Lavina's maiden name may have been?
- FORINGER, FORRINGER posted by James Foringer on Thursday, May 13, 1999
- Looking for any information on Hiram Foringer.He was born about 1831.His wifes name was Hannah.They had 4 sons and 4daughters.He was born in Fairfield Twp. nearKaylor in Butler County.He operated a store in Kaylor for many years.I ould appreciate any information that Any one can give me.The 1870 Census had the name spelled Forringer.
- FORINGER, FORRINGER posted by James Foringer on Thursday, May 13, 1999
- Looking for any information on Hiram Foringer.He was born about 1831.His wifes name was Hannah.They had 4 sons and 4daughters.He was born in Fairfield Twp. nearKaylor in Butler County.He operated a store in Kaylor for many years.I ould appreciate any information that Any one can give me.The 1870 Census had the name spelled Forringer.Hirams sons were John Addison my Grandfather@,David F,-Austin-Newton-The girls areAnne E.-Anise, who was married to a George Fonnel-Jenny who was married toa Fennel also--Sarah B. Frances .married to a Callen.
- AARON, HILLIARD, REED, SUSANNAH posted by Dottie Bowersox on Saturday, May 15, 1999
- Searching Aaron Reed - Susannah Hilliard line Willing to share info. Have some info but need more to complete this family.
- BROWNFIELD, BULLMAN, CONDON, TURNER, WICK posted by Charlene Pinkowski on Monday, May 17, 1999
- Mildred E Sedwick died 30 November 1996 Ford City, Armstrong, PA. Does someone have the obituary that they could e-mail me?
- LARDIN posted by David Ruckser on Wednesday, May 19, 1999
- Looking for information on the LARDIN Family in Armstrong County - esp. Robert Lardin. Any info. appreciated, willing to share data on other Lardin lines.
- FLENNER posted by Diane Idle on Friday, May 21, 1999
- I am researching my GGgrandfather, Jacob FLENNER (FLENAR) born 1815 in Armstrong Co. PA. and then moving to Indiana. Any info about him would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- BARTEK, BLASER, HROMADIK, ORR, SENDELBACH, SHAEFFER, WYCKOFF posted by Vickie Negron on Friday, May 21, 1999
- These are all relatives who lived in Ford City, Armstrong Co., from the early 1900's. Anyone with any information on any of these families please contact me at email@example.com. Blaser family included: Nicholas, William, Margaret(William Ryan), Louise (Clark McWorter), Nettie (William Blakney), Emma (Victor Shaeffer), Dorothy (Clarence Lee Wyckoff), Loretta (Charles Samuel Orr), Joseph and Helen (Rudolf Hromadik).My mother is the daughter of Margaret Blaser (Ryan).
- BRUNER, ESHENBAUGH posted by Edie Perlick on Sunday, May 23, 1999
- Searching for info for my family tree from Armstrong Co and surrounding areas.My father Alfred 1901-1970 married to Rose Ugoletti 1913-1999,His father William,married to Margaret Bruner,any info on my ggrandparents would be very helpful.
- ERWIN, LAVELY, SMITH, WHITE posted by Kathie Kelley on Thursday, May 27, 1999
- CHARLES FLETCHER ERWIN b. 5/6/1870 S. Bethlehem (Armstrong Co) PA, JULIA ELLEN LAVELY, b. 7/26/1870, S. Bethlehem (Armstrong Co) PA, ISAAC LAVELY b. 7/19/1821, REBECCA SMITH b. 6/7/1826 "Big Bend Red Bank Creek" Have more info, will share.
- CRAWSHAW, GRUVER, HOFFMAN, RUTH, SNYDER posted by Becky on Sunday, May 30, 1999
- I am searching for the parents of William Ruth, b.12/31/1796. He married Mary Magdalena Snyder, b.7/31/1795. The Snyder family arrived in Armstrong County circa 1819 from Lehigh Co.Pa. The Snyders lived in Toby Township near Sligo. Her father was Frederick Snyder married to Anna Elizabeth Hoffman. William & Mary Magdalena Ruth are buried in Churchville.(Now Clarion Co.) William and Mary Magdalena Ruth had the following children: Unknown female b. circa 1820-1830 (census records) Elisah Ruth b. 1823 Armstrong Co. m. Hanna Gruver Mary M. Ruth b. 1824 Armstrong Co. Albert Ruth b. circa 1847 Frederick Snyder Ruth b. 12/25/1825 m. Ann Crawshaw Sarah Magdalena Ruth b. 10/7/1835 Monroe Twp. m. McDowell Possibly one more child. Any help with this family will be greatly appreciated. I have more information on the Snyder(Schneider)branch but have been stalled on the Ruth ancestors for years.
- ALLISON, FLEMING, MCINTYRE posted by Gale Boehm on Sunday, May 30, 1999
- Looking for the Fleming's & McIntyre families from a town called Sheloctao. During the 1880's. Who married into the ALLISON family.
- ELLSWORTH, JACK posted by Thomas Conner on Monday, May 31, 1999
- Looking for parents/ancestors of John Earheart Jack born March 10, 1854 in Kittanning, Armstrong County, Pennsyvania. He would be my g-grandfather.He married Susan Alice ELLSWORTH, in Mo. Feb of 1878.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project