- MAY posted by Cindy on Monday, March 1, 1999
- Looking for information about George 'Frank' May in Kiskiminetas Twp., Armstrong County, ca 1900. He may have worked in a coal mine there.
- BOYD, BROWN, CARRELL, CARROLL, HILL, TODD, UNCAPHER, WILSON posted by Irene D'Amato on Tuesday, March 2, 1999
- I am a descendant of John BROWN, Sr. was born 1759 in County Down, Ireland and died Sugar Creek, Westmoreland County, PA. He married Catherine FOSTER. He emigrated to PA in 1792 and settled in Kittanning, Armstrong County, PA in 1805. I descend thru his son James born 1805 and his wife Nancy Boyd. Don't know if we can connect but willing to share what I have.
- MILLER, SPENCER, STOOPS posted by Maureen Vorp on Wednesday, March 3, 1999
- I am looking for information on my GreatGrandfather, William Spencer (1843-1931), from Armstrong Co.,PA. The town or area where he lived was around the Roston, Manor, or Ford Cliff area. He died eleven years before I was born, so I do not know a lot about him. I do know that he was married to Lydia MILLER(?), (1848-1895)and I believe had ten children. There is some evidence that he took a second wife, Elizabeth STOOPS(?), (1871-(1923), and had a son, Elmer to her. It was said that William fought in the Battle of Gettysburg and after the Civil War, was to become the first sheriff of Armstrong Co.He may have two otherGreatGranddaughters, by the name of Imogene and Rachel still living in the Ford City/Kittanning area. Any onfo would be greatly appreciated.
- AIKINS, DORN, FERGUSON, HANG, MCHENRY, ROWE, WILSON, WOLFE posted by Betsy McDonald on Thursday, March 4, 1999
- Hello Everyone, Maybe there are some folks here who can help me. Most of my relatives come from Indiana County, PA. I went over to Armstrong County Court House today, and found a MCHENRY on your memorial. While I was in the courthouse, I found 3 MCHENRY marriages. Does anyone know anything more about these folks?
L. Ardie AIKINS (The "L" may be an "S", can't really tell from the copy), married Celia MCHENRY, parents of groom; John & Sarah G. AIKINS, parents of Celia; J. H. & Jane MCHENRY. L. Ardie was 23 years old and Celia was 17, in 1907. L. Ardie was from Shelocta, Indiana County, PA, and Celia was from Dayton RFD ?? (can't make out the rest.) L. Ardie and Celia were married at Kittanning, PA, on 24th of December, 1907, by Isaac Miller. Occupation listed for L. Ardie was laborer and Celia as housekeeper.
J. Angus WILSON, married Fanny S. MCHENRY, parents of groom; Samuel & Margaret WILSON, parents of bride; William & Julia MCHENRY. J. Angus was 28 years old and Fanny S. was 22, in 1906. J. Angus was from Altoona, PA, and Fanny S. was from Nalier, PA. J. Angus and Fanny S. were married at Dunbar, PA, on 28th of December, 1906, by Samuel Davis. Occupation listed for J. Angus was carpenter and Fanny S. as housekeeper.
Allan R. MCHENRY, married Vera M. HANG, parents of groom; John & F???, (Name not readable), MCHENRY, parents of bride; Christian & Sarah HANG. Allan R. was 24 years old and Vera was 21, in 1908. Allan R. was from Sagerson, PA, and Vera M. was from Troutville, PA. Allan R. and Vera M. were married at Troutville, PA, on 30th of September, 1908, by Al Selman(r). Occupation listed for Allan R. was blacksmith and Vera M. as lady.
The above are from the actual marriage applications, some of the info was very difficult to read, I will keep trying.
If anyone knows any of these, I would love to share info. I have info back to 1732 on my family tree and just love adding new family members!!!
- MCELHANEY, MOORE posted by Dennis Busic on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- I am searching for information on Lazarus McElahney who lived in Manor Twp, Armstrong Co., PA. He died in 1926. He married Rachel MOORE.
- BAILLY, WILLIAMS posted by Dennis Busic on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- I have come across an alternate spelling of my Joshua C. Bailley. He is listed as a boot and shoe maker as Bailly. There is also a Richard Bailly. I am not sure if this is a brother, father or an uncle. Joshua married a Catherine WILLIAMS in Putneyville, Armstrong Co., PA in 1870 and then lived in Maysville and New Bethlehem and died in Clarion in 1911.
- HULINGS, MATEER, SLOAN, STITT posted by Beth Sloan on Saturday, March 6, 1999
- I am looking for information on Worth Stitt who was living in Kittanning, Armstrong Co, in the 1930's. He was married to my ggrandmother, Mary HULINGS SLOAN STITT. I know that they lived in Oil City in the 1910-1920 period and before that may have been in Pittsburgh. It is possible that they spent time in Mosgrove with the Thomas Grier Sloan family, Mary's first father-in-law. I would like to know the parents of Worth. This couple didn't have any children and the five she had with Sharon MATEER SLOAN kept the Sloan surname.
- BECK, BLAKE, COUSINS, NOLF, SMULLIN, YOST posted by Maureen Higgins Seifert on Sunday, March 7, 1999
- Adam NOLF b. 30 July 1833 d. 10 Jan. 1899, md. Elvina BLAKE 4 Sept. 1856 by James A. Truitt, Esq. at Putneyville, PA. Elvina BLAKE was b. 13 May 1839 d. 25 Nov. 1906. Children between Adam and Elvina: Clara NOLF COUSINS, Harriet NOLF BECK, John A. NOLF, William NOLF, Robert NOLF, Mathias (Elmer) NOLF, Jacob NOLF, adopted Daughter Elvina B. NOLF. In Adam's Will it is stated, "I give and bequeath to my beloved Wife, Elvina NOLF, one acre on North end of what is known as the Millison (Milliron?) tract joining property of the Catharine NOLF heirs." A G. W. YOST and F. SMULLIN witnessed his will.
Adam and Elvina are both buried in the PUTNEYVILLE Cemetery, Armstrong County, PA. Does anyone have family that connect to this family; such as, cousins, uncles, aunts, siblings, etc. out there? I would very glad to hear from you.
- SCHULTZ, SUMMERS posted by Lois Burton on Wednesday, March 10, 1999
- I am searching for my uncle's family for him. He is related to John SUMMERS (b. abt. 1770, d. aft. 1850, Kittanning, Armstrong Co., PA), married Rebecca ???. Children known are: Henry Blake (b. abt. 1825, PA, d. Abt. 1916, Baltimore, OH), William, and Sarah. Henry married Elizabeth SCHULTZ. Willing to share info! Thanks! Lois.
- BROWN, FOSTER, RALSTON, WHITE posted by Linda Foster Arden on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- I am a descendant of James FOSTER and Catherine WHITE, the parents of Catherine Foster who married John BROWN, Sr. James Foster is my 5th-great-grandfather, 9 generations back.
I come from Alexander Foster b. August 11, 1775, (m. Martha RALSTON, August 11, 1796). Alexander was Catherine Foster's brother. I do see John Brown/Catherine Foster (with 2 more generations) on my descendancy chart which I developed from a Foster History written in 1890 going back to 1790. I would be delighted to share any information.
James Foster and Catherine WHITE came from Donegal, Ireland to America in 1790 and I'm trying to find out where in Donegal they came from. Perhaps we should set up a Foster Surpage.
- FORKER, FORQUER posted by Paul Forquer on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- I want to share any information on the Forquer or Forker families of Armstrong County.
- BUZARD, LOGUE, MCANINCH posted by Carol-Jeanne Turk on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- Looking for any info on John, William, & Henry McAninch leading to a daughter Elizabeth who married John Buzard. Also looking for any info on the Logue family relating to John Logue and Mary Buchanan Sprogel (Sproul), his wife. Also looking for info on John Buzard (early 1800's). All lived in Armstrong County and Clarion County.
- BROWN posted by Neale Brown on Friday, March 12, 1999
- It is possible, but by no means assured, that your John Brown could be the Older Brother of my GGGgrandfather Robert Brown. The was such a brother, but I have NO information as to whether or not he immigrated to the U.S. If so, he would actually be John Brown III, son of John Brown II and Margaret Eaton, of Ireland. I'd be very interested in finding out if this were true..
- REDDICK posted by Robin on Friday, March 12, 1999
- I am looking for Jesse Reddick b. abt 1818. He is listed on the 1860 census in N Buffalo Twsp. He may also be there in 1870. He was m. to Rosanne b. abt 1824. Children on the census. Maryanne 1845 James 1846 Theodore 1848 William 1849 Jane 1855 Norman 1860 Harry Johnston was b. in 1861. James may have served in the Civil War, in the 159 Reg. 14th. Cal. Co. K. A James E. Reddick from Armstrong Co. joined the regiment on March 10. 1864 died in Stauton VA July 6, 1864. Jesse had a brother Thomas P. Reddick other possible names for brother are John, William, or maybe David. A possible father could be John Redick from Indiana Co. in 1807 and 1820. Thomas was said to have been born in Indiana Co. in 1816. Any help with Jesse, Thomas and James would be greatly appreciated! Robin
- MCCAMISH, MCCANDLISH, MCCARNISH, MCCOMISH posted by Phyllis Roseberry on Friday, March 12, 1999
- Have a Robert McCamish coming from Cumberland County to Buffalo Township, Westmoreland County(now Armstrong County)during the 1790's. Robert McCamish married Jane Barr, daughter of Robert Barr and Sarah Bulough/Bullock. Would like any information on the McCamish and Bulough Families. Especially any proof that Robert McCamish was the son of "Old William" McCamish/McCandlish of Franklin County, then Cumberland County.William had lived in the 1740's along Dennis Creek and later in the 1750's in Welch Run Settlement, -all in Franklin County.
- GALIC, GALICK, GALLICK, GONTKOVSKY posted by Laura Cleapor on Saturday, March 13, 1999
- John Gontkovsky and Anna Galic were married 02 August 1903 in Ford City, Armstrong County, PA at the Holy Trinity Church. They had eleven children, four of which were born in Ford City; One named Michael I can find no record of - he was born between 1904 and 1908 and died when he was 2 or 3 years old, cause unknown (according to family stories). If anyone can help me find this "lost" child please contact me. Thanks for your help, Laura.
- ROUDEBUSH posted by Laura Cleapor on Saturday, March 13, 1999
- Searching for any Roudebush families living in Armstrong County, PA in the late 1800 and early 1900. This family moved about quite a bit so it is real hard for me to trace them. Thanks for your time, Laura.
- HOOVER, MYERS posted by Jim McCarrier on Sunday, March 14, 1999
- Seeking info on Baltzer (Balsa) MYERS who came to USA as a Hessian soldier but turned and supported the American cause. Gained land in Westmoreland Co for this. Had at least 3 sons: David, Nicholas, & unknown. Nicholas md Catherine (?) and moved to Buffalo Twp, Armstrong Co. Had dau Mary c1805-1881 who md David HOOVER and lived in Buffalo Twp, Butler Co. Need data re: Baltzer and Nicholas.
- CAMPBELL, MCCARRIER, PHILLIPS posted by Jim McCarrier on Sunday, March 14, 1999
- John J. CAMPBELL (1834-1925) , a native of Armstrong Co, s/o Andrew & Rebecca (PHILLIPS) CAMPBELL, md. Molina G. MCCARRIER on 12 January 1860. Need data concerning the CAMPBELL family: siblings, dates for Andrew & Rebecca, etc. Can you help???
- BERGMAN, FLECKENSTINE posted by Karen Rodgers on Sunday, March 14, 1999
- Looking for information on Philip FLECKENSTINE and wife Catherine BERGMAN. Their oldest children were born in Brady's Bend, Armstrong Co., PA. Regina born 1850, Adam born 1854 and Thomas born 1857. Other children were born in Allegheny Co. I cannot find them in the 1850 or 1860 Census index. This family was Catholic. Have no dates on Philip, but do know they both were born in Germany. Catherine was born 1825 and died 09 Dec 1910 in Punxsutawney, PA. Any help would be appreciated.
- MCMUNN posted by Shirley McMunn on Monday, March 15, 1999
- Looking for anyone who may have information on the MCMUNN families of Armstrong County, PA. I have some tax records for late 1800's that pertain to Samuel, James, Joseph, and William McMunn. Would like to share information with other MCMUNN decendants.
- BOWSER, CLEVER, RAPP posted by T Smith on Monday, March 15, 1999
- Looking for ancestors of Mary Clever of Armstrong County. Her parents were Uriah Clever and Mary Bowser. She was married to John RAPP. Buried in Kittanning cemetery in Armstrong county.
- BOWSER, CAMP posted by T Smith on Monday, March 15, 1999
- Looking for ancestors of Edward Camp of Armstrong County. His parents were Jerry and Caroline Camp, would like any info about them. Edward was married to Mary Jane Bowser.
- CRAIG, REEDY, SMITH posted by T Smith on Monday, March 15, 1999
- Looking for info on Philip Smith, son of James Smith and Mary Reedy and his wife Hannah Craig, daughter of George Craig. Both are from Armstrong County and are buried in Widnoon cemetery.
- FAUST, GRAYDON, NISWANGER, NISWONGER, REEG, RUPERT, SCHAEFFER, WINGER, ZERFOSS posted by carroll on Friday, March 19, 1999
- GRAYDON, Samuel b. 1800/10 d. 23 Apr 1875 m. Barbara NISWANGER d. 1897 Armstrong Co., Pa. Who were their parents or any brothers and sisters? Catherine E. Zerfoss m. John Philip Schaeffer b. 18 Nov 1778. Who were her parents and brothers and sisters? Her father may have been Johan Zerfoss who was wounded in Rev War according to SCHAEFFER family history? Maria Catherine REEG m. Anthony SCHAEFFER (1744-1825). Who were her parents, brothers and sisters? Magdelene RUPERT m. Anthony SCHAEFFER (1805-1893). Who were her parents? Could John Fredrick Rupert in 1850 census be her father? Anna Elizabeth SCHAEFFER b. 1830 m. Charles Rupert and 2nd David WINGER. ANY info on these two marriages? Is anyone researching any of these families? I am in central Oregon east of Cascades and great to have Armstrong Co., Pa. online to research.
- BROWN, CATHCART, THOM posted by Russella Cathcart on Friday, March 19, 1999
- I have a John CATHCART who was born 1804 In Red Bank (now Mahonning Township, Armstrong Co. Pa. He married Mary BROWN in 1828, died 28 Feb 1892 in Illinois. His father was Robert CATHCART who was born 1772 in Dublin Ireland. Married 1799 to Jane THOM who was born 20 Feb 1780 in Westmoreland Co. Pa. Robert died Aug 1847 in Mahonning Township, Armstrong Co. and buried in Smullin Cemetery. Roberts father was James Cathcart who was born 1740 in Scotland and died somtime after 1796. I don't know if James came to America or not. If any one has information on these people I would appreciate hearing from them. Thank you.
- COON, KUHN, MITCHELL, VARNER posted by Suzy Bettac on Saturday, March 20, 1999
- Searching for John Taylor VARNER b. 1847 probably Armstrong/ Allegheny Co., Pa. In 1850 John T. age 3,with mother Rachel Varner in Butler Co., Pa. living with Peter COON. Peter was uncle to Racehl VARNER. Rachel married Andrew Larimer Mitchell in June 1854. In 1870 Taylor VARNER, age 23, living with Rachel (KUHN- VARNER) MITCHELL and husband Andrew Larimer MITCHELL in Tarentum, Allegheny Co., Pa. Where did he go after 1870? Have lots more info on both lines to share.
- DRONE, KUNTZMANN posted by Julius DRONE on Saturday, March 20, 1999
- John DRONE & Catherine KUNTZMANN of Armstrong CO. md. abt 1830/31; first child, Herman b. 1832; second child Andrew W. b. 1833. Family members listed in communion services Beaver twp, Clarion Co. PA. of St. Paul's Refornm Luthern Church in 1844 thru 1854. Catherine buried there in 1949; Family moved to Muscoda, Grant Co., WI. in 1856. Prior info seems to "vaporize".
- BECK, EICHLER posted by Janet Baldwin on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- I am looking for information on the family of Frank G. Beck. He was born in Brady's Point, Armstrong County in 1854. He had a sister named Lena Beck EICHLER. Do not know his parents names but I know they were born in Germany.
- FOSTER, MOORE, WICK posted by Kati Harbour on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- I am looking for information on the WICK line from Sugar Creek Township, Armstrong Co, PA. Elisha Wick, married to Anna MOORE, both born in New Jersey, had a son Chambers who married Catharine FOSTER.
- BARGERSTOCK, FISHEL, SCHNEIDER, SNYDER posted by Charles Snyder on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- Looking for information on Conrad SCHNEIDER (SNYDER) and (1) Elizabeth BARGERSTOCK and (2) Catherine FISHEL. Their children were: Sara, John, Catherine, Casper and Will.
- GOODHART, RUPP posted by Charles Snyder on Sunday, March 21, 1999
- Looking for information on the Augustus Kirkland GOODHART and Sarah Catherine RUPP Goodhart of wayne Twp. and Dayton.
- OHARA posted by Vickie Beene on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- Looking for information on Daniel O'HARA b. 1809. Married Hester Alexander
- SYKES posted by Johnathan Sykes on Tuesday, March 23, 1999
- any sykes history from around 1941 and also earlier.
- GUNTRUM posted by Bruce Guntrum on Wednesday, March 24, 1999
- Searching for my grandfather - Joseph Leroy Guntrum, born in Pensyvania approximately 1885. Suspect northwestern PA, but only have information on by father's birth certificate. Lived in Chicago around 1915. Family lore says he may have gone by Leroy or Lee Roy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- RETTINGER posted by Kathy Himes on Wednesday, March 24, 1999
- Does anyone know who the children are of Isaac Rettinger and Sarah Welker of Armstrong Co, PA? I think Ann Mary "Polly" was their daughter. Polly born @1815.
- DEVINE, DIEHL posted by Jim Doncaster on Friday, March 26, 1999
- I'm searching for info on a Civil War soldier that was captued at the angle at the high water mark on Cemetary Ridge at Gettysburg, 7/3/63. At the time of his capture his name was Lt Jacob Devine. He was with Co C, 71st Pennsylvania Volunteers. He was taken to Libby Prison & later transferred to Andersonville. He survived the war and later moved to Armstrong Co. At some point he changed his name to Jacob Diehl, taking the surname of his stepfather I believe. In 1905 he applied for transportation to Americus, Georgia to attend the dedicatory ceremonies of the Pennsylvania monument at Andersonville. On that application, he listed his name as Diehl and his home as at Parkers Landing, Armstrong Co. Any info on Devine/Diehl would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- ALLISON, SCHMELTZER, SNOW posted by Gale Boehm on Saturday, March 27, 1999
- Looking for Jemima Schmeltzer born Aug. 1863 Southbend twp. Arm co. Pa. daughter of Leon & Rachel Ann SNOW. Married Alonzo Allison. Need alot of help with this line. Alonzo & Jemima had the following children: Anna M.,Lester J, Harry, Virginia Leorra, Emma, Mae.
- WHITE posted by Greg White on Saturday, March 27, 1999
- Been trying to find information on: Adam William White b 8/18/1838 born in Armstrong County. Wife: Margret Ray Moved to Ohio in 1897 No other information known. Any information or direction would be greatly apreacheated.
- LANE, OLIVER, SNARE, WOLLAM posted by Delores Raines on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- George Snare b. 6 Jan 1810, Armstrong Co, PA d. 16 May 1901 in Oklahoma, Burred in Van Buren Co, Iowa. M. Anges Oliver. Know Children: 1 Kate Elizabeth Snare b 23 aug 1843 Logan Co, OH d. 18 May 1834, Van Buren Co, Iowa m Alonzo Hamilton Lane 29 Oct 1866 Davis Co, Iowa 2. William Snare m Anna Wollam 17 June 1872 Van Buren Co, Iowa. 3. dau Snare. M ? lived in OK 1901. Her father died at her house, but she was not named in his obiturary.
- BEATTY, KING, KNEPSHIELD, PARKS, ROBB, WAREHAM posted by Carol Stanton on Sunday, March 28, 1999
- I have done some research on my mother's family, but need more help. Her father was Samuel Clyde Wareham (1890), son of M. Smith Wareham (1856) and Mary Estella Robb (1859); other relatives were Silas Wareham (1825), Mary Beatty, John Robb and Caroline King. Her mother was Sara Parks Knepshield (1894), daughter of Addison Leech Knepshield and Edda M. Parks (1863). They lived in Burrell, Kiskiminetas, Bethel and Allegheny Townships and Leechburg Borough.
- TRUBY posted by Sally Reed on Monday, March 29, 1999
- Looking for information on Catherine Truby, shown in 1870 census of Clarion County in household of Samuel Jordan. Could Catherine have been the mother of Samuel's wife, Elizabeth?
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project