- PROCIOUS, WALTERS posted by Yvonne Vares on Monday, February 1, 1999
- Hi I have a John Walters b in Pa. Some say in Clarion Cty but I wonder if it is in Armstrong Cty Clarion Twp? He married a Susannah Procious around 1830. Her sister m a Joshua Frost about 1839. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I have lots to share of many decendents.
- DAVIS, EARLY, GREEK posted by Jeff Davis on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- I am searching for any info on the family of Andrew Jackson Davis. Came to Armstrong county from westmoreland county circa 1860. Any help is freatly appreciated.
- ROBISON, SCHRECONGOST, SMELTZER posted by Diane Spears on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- My great grandmother was Annie Elizabeth (Lizzie) Smeltzer who was the second, much younger wife of Samuel Stoops Schrecongost. They married in 1879 and lived in Dayton, Armstrong Co.,PA and had four daughters, Edith, Cora, Susie and Mae (my grandmother). I have a picture of Lizzie taken when she was about 16 so I'm guessing she was born around 1860. We've not been able to track down who her parents were or any bothers or sisters. She survived my great-grandfather by about 17 years, dying around 1928 (no actual record). Any information on the Schrecongost connections would also be appreciated. Samuel Stoops Schrecongost was born July 3, 1840 and died 31 December 1911. His first wife was Nancy Robison with whom he had six children, Albert, Harold, Curtis, Emma, Harriet and Jesif. We have all of his civil war records but no information about his parents or siblings.
- BEALE, BOYD, CLAYPOOL, DARBAKER, HARTMAN, HAWK, HAWLEY, KLINGENSMITH, MCELHANY, SHEARER, SIPES, THOMPSON, WEAVER posted by Kathleen Anthony on Friday, February 5, 1999
- I am researching Robert Boyd, Born 1810 and died April 7, 1885, Bethel Townsip, Armstrong County. He had two wives: Sarah Beale born 1811 and died in Bethel Township, Armstrong County on May 15, 1873. The second wife's name was Jane, she was born 1834 and died March 10, 1884 also in Bethel Township, Armstrong County, PA. The had many children who have scattered this state and country. My grandmother was a Boyd - this is her line I am checking into. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do not have Robert, Sarah, or Jane's parents or linage. I am at a stand still, for now.
- TURNER, WOODS posted by Robert Woods on Friday, February 5, 1999
- James Woods b.Ireland,lived in Westmoreland Co.PA.,married Isabel"Ibby" Woods,of Elizabeth Twp,Allegheny Co.,PA. Afterwards they moved to Armstrong Co,PA.,in the early part of the 1800's. Do you know of this family?
- HARMON posted by Paul Herman on Saturday, February 6, 1999
- Looking for the father of Jacob Harmon born in 1835 died in 1910. 1880 soundex has him living in Armstrong County, Sugarcreek Township. He was married to Catharine McKelvey born 1836 died 1892 she had four children: William, Allen, Margaret, and Joseph. Any help is appreciated..
- BERALINE, BERLINE, RICHARDSON, WALKER posted by Yvonne Armentrout on Monday, February 8, 1999
- Looking for info on my great grangmother Sarah(Richardson) Walker-Born 3/4/1852 Died 4/1/1888 Pine Twp Armstrong Co.-Married 8/14/1873 to George Washington WALKER Born 3/15/1852 Died 8/31/1921-Buried Pine Creek Baptist Cem-I have three names connected to Sarah from Walker family bible-Sussanah BERLINE or BERALINE(this may be Sarah's mother)-Margaret Richardson died 4/1/1888 91 yrs old.- Clarrissa R Richardson died 1/22/1825.
- ANTHONY, CATHCART, LINSENBIGLER posted by John Markley on Tuesday, February 9, 1999
- 20 Mar 1890 issue of 'The New Bethlehem Vindicator' page 5, carried an article listing my Anthoney ancestor and his uncle, J. R. Linsenbigler. My ancestor Robert S. Anthony and his brothers, John Cathcart Anthony, James Anthony moved to Colorado prior to 1882. This is the only indication of Linsenbigler that I have seen, might be a spouse of one of my ancestor's aunt? I believe that my line came from a John Anthony and Jane Cathcart. Any help for you or me?.
- ANTHONY, CATHCART, FOX, LINSENBIGLER posted by John Markley on Tuesday, February 9, 1999
- Armstrong Co. Deeds & Wills, Estates, etc. lists Estate of James Anthony died 1874 Estate #3231, this notes also the real estate of Jacob Anthony deceased. 6 signatures are: Jacob J. Anthony, John Anthony, Nancy Anthony, Rebecca ?, Ellen ?, Sarah Ellenberger, William Anthony, however: Estate #1885 William Anthony of Mahoning Twp, names his widow Sarah Ann, heirs signatures 1. Ord G. Anthony 2. Ida Stokes - md. Alvin Stokes 3. Anna Ross - md. John G. Ross 4. Fannie Butler 5. Wm. C. Anthony. Suspect there is a connection to Jacob Anthony. I'm looking for an Anthony/Cathcart connection and/or John Anthony/Nancy Fox. J.R. Linsenbigler is mentioned in New Behleham Vindicator 20 Mar 1890 as an uncle to my Anthony line..
- STEELE, WHITE, YOUNG posted by Phyllis White on Tuesday, February 9, 1999
- I am researching and need information on Mary Jane Young b. 1846 d. 1936 married to David White b. 1836 d. 1913. The family lived near Snyderville, Wayne Township. Mary Jane was the daughter of William Young and Sarah "Sallie" Steele. They lived near Emlenton, PA. David White was the son of Alexander and Martha White (originally from Donegal County, Ireland). The White family farmed near Dayton (Wayne Township), PA. I would like to exchange information on any of these families.
- ALLEN, BARGERSTOCK, BITTINGER, CLEVER, FLEMING, GALBRAITH, HOWSER, RUPP posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- SIMPSON; Moses Simpson married Sarah Catherine Clever. Who are her parents? They had 11 children.. Elijah Simpson, brother of Moses married Sarah Clever, daughter of Henry Clever & Mary Catherine Waltenbaugh of Wayne Twp. Armstrong Co. PA. Elijah & Sarah Clever Simpson had 1 child. Elijah Simpson died at sea on a return trip from England. Moses & Elijah Simpson both born in England.
- CATHCART, LINSEYBIGHLER posted by Bob Buckler on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Armstrong County Pa 1850 census pg 289b lists the family of Samuel CATHCART, 46, in Redbank Twp wife-Maragret J (possibly Jane?) 31, Robert 15, James 13, Joseph 11, Matilda 8, Catharine 7, Margaret 4,and Sarah 1. With a 15 year age difference there could have been a previous marriage so there might be an older son John who wasn't living at home. In this census the family name is spelled LINSEYBIGHLER. and they were also living in the county at the 1850 census.
- KENNEDY, STIFFY posted by Tammy Lamp on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Looking for information/parents of my 3rd great grandparents. George Stiffy was born about 1787 in Pennsylvania and Elizabeth Powers? was born about 1782 in Ireland. In 1850 and 1860 they were in Armstrong County, Valley & Pine Townships. Some children: Stephen born 1815, George born 1827, James born 1830 married Elizabeth Kennedy and Elizabeth J. born 1834. Any help is appreciated.
- ANTHONY, CATHCART, LINSENBIGLER posted by John Markley on Wednesday, February 10, 1999
- Armstrong County Pa 1850 census pg289b lists the second wife and family of Samuel Cathcart. First wife named Anna Reed, died in 1848. History of Armstrong County page 706 has write up of this family. I am interested in Jane Cathcart who married John Anthony, do not know which side of this marriage is tied to Linsenbigler line.
- BRATTON, BROWN, CASSELL, IRELAND, KENNEDY, NEALE, PARKS, SCOTT posted by Neale Brown on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- I am trying to gather what fact's are available re: James Brown, b ca 1660-1670 and who died at the Battle of Boyne, 1690,(IRELAND) and his family.
"James Brown who was killed at the battle of the Boyne, and there has been a James in every generation from him since, ..... This soldier was a Scotchman, and was a member of the Farmers' regiment known as the Enniskillen Dragoons, composed entirely, according to the old song, of men "six feet two without a shoe". His son James had two sons, John by his first wife and James by his second, Grazilla (KENNEDY), and these brothers, John and James, were the great-grandfather and grandfather of Charles E. Brown, the former in the paternal and the latter in the maternal line. John Brown had a son John, who married Margaret Eaton and by her had nine children, Betty (Mrs. Thompson), Jane (Mrs. Hughes), Nancy (Mrs. Montgomery), John, Joseph, Robert, George, James and William. By his second wife, whose maiden name was Irwin, he had Thomas, Frank, Irwin, Margaret and Mary. "
Both James Brown (III)and Robert Brown(at least) emigrated to Pennsylvania in the 18th century, James Brown some time before 1774 and Robert Brown in 1795. Robert married Rebeccah Brown (his 2nd Cousin and Daughter of James Brown above) in 1796 in Carlisle Pa. and settled in Armstrong county. Both are believed to have died in Armstrong or Westmoreland co.
1st Generation - County Fermanagh, IRL
James Brown (I) (of the Enniskillen Dragoons) b. ca 1660 d. July 12, 1690 married ? Child: James Brown II
James Brown (II) b. ca 1685 d: ?
John Brown (I) b. ca. 1705 d. ?
Married Grazilla Kennedy
James Brown (III) b. 1742 died 1830 in Kittanning, PA
John Brown (I) born ca. 1705 d. ?
Child: John Brown (II) born 1728
James Brown (III) b. 1742 Emigrated to Pennsylvania ca 1760
Married Mary Meach 1774
Rebbecah, b. 1778
John Brown (II) born 1728
Married Margaret Eaton
Betty (Mrs. Thompson),
Jane (Mrs. Hughes),
Nancy (Mrs. Montgomery),
Robert, born 1777, emigrated to Pennsylvania, 1795. d. 1858
Married: Miss Irwin
Robert BROWN was the Father of James E. BROWN of Armstrong Co., who was the father of JAMES E. BROWN II who married Ella CASSELL SCOTT of ?
Any and all information regarding My family's History would be greatly appreciated, particularly an early history as well as ANY information on the SCOTT family.
- EASLEY, SWEENEY posted by Vicki Haas on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- I am looking for information on John C. SWEENEY. His wife's name is Ellen. His daughter Anna M. Sweeney married John B. EASLEY in 1875. John and Anna Easley lived in Kittaning. Was the Sweeney family from Armstrong Co? Would like any information on the Sweeney family. I believe John Sweeney was living in the Pittsburgh area in 1897.
- BRETT, CARLOS, CARR, DOUGHERTY, DWYER, MCGARRITY, MCGRORITY, ORTMANN posted by Joyce Eich on Wednesday, February 17, 1999
- Searching the Armstrong and Clarion Counties areas. Thanks
- CROYLE, FELMLEY, KENNERDELL, STITT posted by Dale Kennerdell on Wednesday, February 17, 1999
- Looking for any and all information on the KENNERDELL family. Several lived in Kittanning and others in Apollo. Associated families are STITT and CROYLE..
- CANON, PARKER posted by Mimi Martucci on Wednesday, February 17, 1999
- Searching for any info on Wm Parker of Sugar Creek, farmer in Armstrong County late 1700's. Son was George W Parker born March 29, 1813. He married Mary Jane Canon in 1840.
- FETTER, HIMES, MINICH, SHELLY posted by Mark Shelly on Friday, February 19, 1999
- I am looking for the Baptism records for Peter SHELLY and Mary FETTER. They were born in Redbank Twp, Armstrong County PA. in Sugar Valley or Oak Ridge. They probably were baptised by Rev J G YOUNG of the Emanuel Evangelical Church congregations in one of the Alcola, New Salem, Steinmetz, Hawthorn or nearby lutheran churches. Does anyone have these records or know where I can find them? Peter SHELLY was born to Jacob and Mary (MINICH) SHELLY about 1856-1857. Mary FETTER was born to John and Susanna (HIMES) FETTER about 1861-1863..
- HAINES posted by Thomas Haines on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- I am looking for information on a Fredrick Haines that had a wife named Mary, and a son named Clyde. I believe he was from the Dayton-Canton area. He is currently laied to rest in a Farmers field in the same area. If anyone has any information please contact me.
- BRUNTON, FETH, HAWK posted by Kathie Young on Saturday, February 20, 1999
- Looking for any one researching Bruntons, especially James Brunton who lived in Clinton,South Buffalo Twp., Armstrong County.His son James married Eliza Hawk and lived in Bethel Twp., Arm. Co..
- KELLER, WYANT posted by B Smith on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- Looking for info on Jane F. Keller (or Wyant) who was the daughter of Hannah Keller, divorced. They were listed in the 1880 Armstrong Co., PA census. Would like to know who Jane married and where they located after leaving Armstrong Co. ANY information will be appreciated. Thanks.
- STITT posted by Jason Stitt on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- Hi. I am trying to go as far back in my family tree as possible. If anyone knows any information on STITTS from around Saltsburg, Pa could they please e-mail me. thanx.
- DAY, MCPHERRIN posted by Liffey Thorpe on Monday, February 22, 1999
- Searching for information about Nicholas and Juliet DAY who resided in Armstrong County PA near Apollo in 1832. I suspect Nicholas was a merchant; he spent time in Pittsburgh, and their son, Thomas McPherrin DAY, was a merchant. Nicholas and Juliet's other children included Sarah, Calvin, Margaret, and John(?). Thomas M DAY was my g-g-grandfather..
- RAAB, RAUB, ROBB posted by Kathie Young on Wednesday, February 24, 1999
- Looking for information on Lydia, Hannah and Ruth Robb. All born in Burrell Twp. Armstrong County, PA. They were daughters of John and Mary Ann ( Shotts ) Robb..
- GRIMM, HUGHES, PEARSON, PIERSON posted by James Collins on Thursday, February 25, 1999
- I would like to back as far as I could on the pearson family as I could go. Right now I have a Danial PEARSON (PIERSON) and a Paitence (HUGHES) Pearson (Pierson) both who was born in England around the Staffordshire area. And they moved into Apollo Pa area around the late 1800's. If any one has any information on the Pearson family I would really appriciate it. thanks.
- ANTHONY, LAVLY posted by John Markley on Thursday, February 25, 1999
- Clarion Co. Wills - 1841 thru ?? has mention of your response in Orphans Court Docket # 16 - May term 1862 - Jacob Anthony, Dec'd. (was presented the Petition of James Anthony of Armstrong County, one of the children of Jacob Anthony, late of Porter Twp., Clarion Co. stating that his father died on 19 Oct 1858, leaving a widow and 8 children as follows: 1. James, the petitioner 2. John 3. William 4. Ellen wife of John Hoover? 5. Rebecca - wife of ISAAC Lavely 6. Nancy 7. Sarah wife of George Wyman 8. Jacob Hope this helps someone. I am looking for this John Anthony, believe he married Jane Cathcart..
- HINDMAN, PARKER posted by James Hindman on Saturday, February 27, 1999
- Looking for information on Samuel PARKER, born about 1841, parents unknown; he was raised by James and Rosannah HINDMAN of East Franklin Twp, served in Civil War, then disappeared.
- SHERWELL posted by Dan Maloney on Saturday, February 27, 1999
- Samuel Sherwell was living in Kittanning, Armstrong County, in 1850 with his family. He had been an Episcopal deacon but was removed from that position in 1849. He was listed in the census of 1850 as a lawyer. His family appears in Virginia about 1857, but Samuel is not with them and appears to have died. Does anyone have access to cemetery listings for Kittanning, particularly for the Episcopal Church which might list him? Even a negative response would be helpful.
- BARR, BISH, COURSON, ELDER, GIBB, HULINGS, SHREFFLER, SPEER, STOVER, THOMAS posted by Marsha VanSlyke on Saturday, February 27, 1999
- Looking for information on Marcus L. Hulings and Jeanette Thomas they had a daughter Sara Armstrong Hulings who married Walter Robert Gibb. Sara was born 8/15/1884 and died in Parker, Hovey Twp., Armstrong County, PA on 6/8/1958. Sara and Walter are buried between Parker and Foxburg.
- CRIBBS, FRANCE, FRANTZ, FREDERICK, KLINGENSMITH, MILLER, SMELTZER posted by Sherri Bryan on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- I am searching for more information on Jacob Frantz (b.1763) and his wife Elizabeth Otterman (b. 1766). Also, their son John Frantz (b. 1790) and Anna Marie Klingensmith (b. 1792). Their son Samuel K. Frantz (b.1818) married Sarah Ellen Smeltzer (b. 1839). I would appreciate more information on amy of these Armstrong County residents. I am especially interested in finding more information on the first wife of Samuel K. FRANTZ / FRANCE.
- CRIBBS, FRANTZ, FREDERICK, KLINGENSMITH, MILLER, SMELTZER posted by Sherri Bryan on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- I am searching for more information on Peter George Smeltzer (b. 1812) and his wife, Mary Magdalena "Molly" Cribbs (b. 1816). Their daughter Sarah Ellen Smeltzer (b. 1838) married Samuel K. Frantz/France (b. 1818). I would appreciate more information on these Armstrong County families. I am especially interested in the first husband of Sarah Ellen, who I believe was T. A. Smith.
- CRIBBS, FRANTZ, FREDERICK, KLINGENSMITH, MILLER, SMELTZER posted by Sherri Bryan on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- I am searching for more information on Jacob and Sarah Miller of Spring Church, Armstrong County. I am the great great granddaughter of their son Henry B. Miller b. 1827. I have a copy of Jacob's will, but would like to know where he came from prior to settling in Armstrong County..
- BITTNER, CRIBBS, FRANTZ, FREDERICK, KLINGENSMITH, MILLER, SMELTZER, STOVER posted by Sherri Bryan on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- I am searching for more information on Rev. Thomas J. Frederick, son of Jacob Frederick and Rachel STOVER. Rev. Frederick was born in Centre County on May 2, 1846. He married Anna I. Bittner, daughter of John BITTNER. The family moved to Armstrong County sometime prior to the Rev. taking charge of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Spring Church in 1890. I would appreciate any information on the Fredericks.
- DOWNS, LAWLER posted by Jeanne Downs on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- Does anyone have any information on DOWNS or LAWLER families in Armstrong County in the period of 1835-1855?
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project