- CUNNINGHAM, SCHIDER, SHEDDY posted by Linda Cunningham on Tuesday, December 1, 1998
- Robert B. Cunningham and Sarah Ann Sheddy were married in PA. Have record that at least one child was born in Armstong Co.,PA Robert was a minister and a farmer. Looking for anything on CUNNINGHAM, SHEDDY, and SCHIDER families.
- MERCER, MILLIRON posted by Sarah on Tuesday, December 1, 1998
- I am searching for information about the following people in Armstrong Co. Penn
Joseph MERCER, born 3 Jan 1779, married: 22 Sept. 1800, died: 3 August 1864. He was born in Penn. but I'm not sure where. He is in the 1820 census for Armstrong Co.
Joseph MERCER married Barbara MILLIRON on 22 Sept. 1800 presumably in Armstrong Co. Penn??
Barbara MILLIRON was born: 3 August 1782, died: 24 October 1839. She was born somewhere in Penn. and had 14 children, including at least one set of twins. I have the birthdates of the children from an old family bible if anyone is interested.
I believe Joseph MERCER'S father was Amos MERCER but have not proven it yet. I have no clue about the parents of Barbara MILLIRON.
I am looking for additional information on Joseph and Barbara and their parents, siblings, etc.
I can provide information about many of the decendants of Joseph and Barbara to the present for anyone who is interested.
- HAMILTON posted by William Bozic on Wednesday, December 2, 1998
- During the French and Indian War, the Indian village at Kittanning,Armstrong Co. was attacked by Armstrong's men. I seek a roster of his troops. I am especially looking for soldiers with the HAMILTON surname, who were involved in this action.
- FOX, PAINTER posted by C. Burns on Wednesday, December 2, 1998
- Seeking information on family of Jacob and Esther PAINTER. On the 1840 and 1850 Census, they were in Allegheny Twp, Armstrong co, between several STITT families. By the 1860 census, they were no longer in that neighborhood. Where did they go? 1850 listing shows: Jacob age 45, Esther 42, Lucinda 19, Elizabeth 17, Jacob 16, Mary Ann 13, Sarah Jane 10, William 8, Elvina 5, Albert 3, Adeline 1. Is this the Lucinda who married Christopher FOX in Clarion co in late 1860s?
- HILEMAN, SCOTT posted by Shelby Wilson on Wednesday, December 2, 1998
- Looking for the parents and any information on William Hileman b. 1829 d.1905 & Elizabeth SCOTT b. 1832 d. 1908 They had nine children and lived in Wattersonville, Washington Twp., Amstrong Co. Any help would be greatly appreciated .
- KLINGENSMITH, LYNCH, PETERMAN posted by Joyce Rhoades Jenks on Thursday, December 3, 1998
- I believe Nora is a sister to Susannah b. 1841, Allegheny, Armstrong. Parents of Nora are David LYNCH 1812 and Catherine "Katie" KLINGENSMITH. Some sources say Nora may have been Narsissa, but I cannot prove that. I have extensive proof that her name was Nora.
- HAINES, SHELLY posted by Mark Shelly on Thursday, December 3, 1998
- I am trying to Identify the maiden name of the widow of John Haines. John probably died between 1848 and 1853. His widow, Mary married Jacob Shelly by 1854. On son was listed as John C Hane, age 12 in the 1860 Redbank Twp, Armstrong County, PA Census. Another son may have been Andrew.
- COLLINGWOOD, GRAY, MASON, REPINE, STOWERS, STUCK posted by Johnnie Ray Stowers on Friday, December 4, 1998
- Trying to locate obit's for- Lottie Gray d. 6 Feb 1893 Oak Ridge; Margaret Stowers d. 31 Mar 1937 or 39 Kittanning; Frederick Collingwood d. 6 Aug 1974 Freeport; Alvie Gray d. 2 Jun 1972 Brady's Bend..
- DAVIS, SHELL posted by James Davis on Tuesday, December 8, 1998
- I'm looking for the birthplace and data about the parents of my grandfather, Edward Lafayette DAVIS (March 9, 1872 - Sept. 22, 1923), who died in New Haven Twp., Huron County, OH. For his death certificate, my grandmother stated that he was born in Blanket Hill, OH; but apparently no such place ever existed. For the 1900 census, he stated that he was born in PA. Therefore, I wonder if he was born in Blanket Hill, Armstrong County, PA. His death certificate also lists his parents as Albert DAVIS and Mary SHELL, both from PA. In a history of a related family, collected by a distant cousin, someone reported that "Edward's parents died young and he was raised by foster parents." Can anyone answer either of the following questions for me? 1. If Edward's parents died in Blanket Hill, PA; in which cemetery would they most likely be buried? Is there a county cemetery inscription book that might list them? 2. If Edward was sent to a foster home in OH from Blanket Hill, PA; would there be a record of it with the Armstrong County Court?
- HELD, VANHORN, YOUNG posted by Fred Held on Thursday, December 10, 1998
- Looking for the family of Hiram Held of Apollo (b: 1863 Burrell Twp, d: 1937 Shady Plain). Married Isabella Young (b: abt 1863, d: 1923 Apollo). Only record of children are: Harvey A., Joseph Edgar, Clarence E., and Goldie. Apparently Goldie married a Van Horn.
- HEFFELFINGER, MCELWAIN, MCILWAIN, MOORE, WALKER posted by Dave Anderson on Monday, December 14, 1998
- Looking for the above in Armstrong and Indiana Counties, PA.
- NOLDER, SLOAN, WHITE posted by Kathie Young on Monday, December 14, 1998
- Looking for anyone researching Nolders of Armstrong County.
- SMITH posted by Amanda Foringer on Wednesday, December 16, 1998
- i am looking for information on Alexander Smith and his wife Eliza. Alexander Smith was born in 1837 and died 1920 his wife Eliza J. (don't know last name) was born in 1843 and died 1911. they are buried in the Putneyville Cemetery. they lived in Armstrong County, Mahoning Twp. and i'm assuming in putneyville or the putneyville area. they had the following children: Annie born 1865, Ida born 1867, Eva born 1869, Andrew H. born 1872 died 1949 married Izez R., Susan born 1874, John E. born 1877 died 1955 married Clara M., and Rosa S. born 1879. i would appriciate help on who Alexander's parents are and where they lived before putneyville,pa and who Eliza's parents are and where she was from. thank you!.
- FENNEL, MARTZ, REED, SCHULTZ, SHIREY posted by John Conto on Saturday, December 19, 1998
- I am researching the Shirey family of Armstrong County and Westmoreland counties. Specifically any information on John Dallas Shirey s/o of Samuel Shirey and Eliza Schultz who married Mary Ellen Fennel d/o Christopher Fennel and Julianna Martz. John was born around 1860 or so and the first mention of Samuel was in the 1850 census. Any info on them prior to those years would be helpful. Would love to share what info I currently have.
- ABER, ASHBAUGH, BECK, CLINE, CONTO, MCKINSTRY, MURPHY, SMAIL posted by John Conto on Saturday, December 19, 1998
- I am researching the Aber/McKinstrys of Armstrong County. Specifically any information on Herbert Aber s/o Thomas Aber and Ella McKinstry. Thomas Aber was the s/o Thomas and Sarah Aber. They arrived near Apollo around 1870 or so. Willing to share any information that I have so far.
- ABER, ASHBAUGH, BECK, CLINE, CONTO, MCKINSTRY, MURPHY, SMAIL, ZANOTTO posted by John Conto on Saturday, December 19, 1998
- I am researching the Conto family of Armstrong County and Westmoreland counties. Specifically any information on Carlo Conto and Lucia Conto. They arrived in the Leechburg and Hyde Park area around 1895-1900. Also looking for any connection to a Eusebio, Theresa or Dominick Conto. Carlo and Lucia were originally from Cuceglio, Piedmonte or Aosta Region of northern Italy. Would be will to share any information that I have so far.
- MCELRAVY posted by Ella Ann Hatfield on Saturday, December 19, 1998
- I am looking for information on the ancestors of William McElravy and Phoebe Anthony McElravy. They had 2 sons: Henry Alonzo McElravy b. March 10, 1899 in Armstrong CO.(my Grandfather); Harry and a daughter Margaret. This is all the information I have, any help would be apprectiated.
- HAY, REESE posted by Dennis S. Hazlett on Sunday, December 20, 1998
- Am seeking information on an Edward B. Reese who resided in Chickasaw, Armstrong County from approximately 1900 through 1934. Married to Christina Hay.
- BRENNER, PETERS, REINHART, ROSS, ULLRICH posted by Debbie Barney on Friday, December 25, 1998
- My great grandmother, Alvena (or Alvina or Alvara) Peters was born in Clearfield County. Her birth certificate says she was born in Clearfield.My aunt says Houtzdale. Her father was Charles Peters, born in Berlin. Her mother died when she was an infant. Her father remmarried and had 3 more children. Her brothers and sisters were: Catherine Peters Kline, born in Tyrone 9-9-1881, Died Johnstown, 1970. Mary Peters Rath, Born in Tyrone, 5-5-1891 Died Hollidaysburg circa 1960. Charles, William and Carl. The boys were raised in a home and all died in Polk. Half sister was Hazel Peters Fleegle b. 6-21-1897 d. 9-14-1956. Half brothers were George and Harry Peters. No information on them. Alvena Peters was born 9-15-1893. DIED 5-13-1978. She married Harry William Ross. They had 10 children. Their oldest son, my grandfather, Married Margaret Wilhelmina Ullrich of Berlin. His name was Harry William Ross, Jr. Any more information anyone could give would be so appreciated. Harry and Margaret eventually settled in Akron,Ohio, where he died in October of 1969.
- ANDERSON, PATTON, PETERS, PORTER posted by Debbie Vick on Sunday, December 27, 1998
- I am seeking information on the family of my g-g-grandmother, Elizabeth (Anderson) Patton, wife of James Patton. She came to America about 1847 and married James Patton in Philadelphia that same year. Her father was Samuel Anderson (who died in Ireland) and her mother was ? Anderson who died in Johnstown, Pa. about 1896. Shortly after James and Elizabeths' marriage, they moved to Brady's Bend, Armstrong County where he was employed as a heater in the iron works. While living there, they had one son Samuel Patton b. August 13, 1855. About 6 months later they moved to Johnstown, Pa. where he became one of the first employees of the Cambria Iron Works. They lived on Market Street, Johnstown, Pa until there deaths in 1896. According to the obit of Mrs. Patton she had one brother living in Kittaning at the time of her death, Robert T. Anderson. In the obit of her son Samuel in 1917 Robert T. Anderson is also mentioned along with his daughter, Miss Bird. There was also mentioned as relatives, John J. Anderson and Jennie of Lawrenceville, Pittsburg and an Edward Anderson of Kittaning. James and Elizabeth had several other children: Annie Porter of Knoxville, Pittsburg, Jane Peters, wife of Samuel Peters of Johnstown; Elizabeth (Patton) Patton, wife of Daniel Patton of Johnstown; William J. Patton of Chicago; and Charles A. Patton who died in St.Barbaba's Episcopal Home in Gibsonia, 7-23-1934 and is buried in Mars Cemetery, Butler Co. I've noticed from the people finder that there are still several Andersons living in Kittaning. If anyone has information that connects to any of these people I'd appreciate hearing from you.
- BRUNER, ESHENBAUGH posted by Edie Perlick on Monday, December 28, 1998
- Searching for relatives.My father Alfred(Allie,Al) was youngest of nine,any uncles or cousins with info for family tree please contact me,any info helpful.We were from several areas,including Armstrong,Butler,and Allegheny counties.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project