- FORINGER, HIMES, MERCER, MILLER, MILLIRON, RUPP, SHICK, SMITH posted by Amanda Foringer on Monday, November 2, 1998
- i am looking for information on DAVID SHICK b: 1830 d: Sept 17, 1892. He married CAROLINE HINES/HIMES b: 1837 d: april 25, 1899 dau. of Samuel and Elizabeth Hines/Himes. They are both buried in the New Salem Cemetery, New Salem, Armstrong Co. PA. they had 6 children William Turney, John, Samuel, Jane, Catherine, Elizabeth. if anyone knows who his parents are i would greatly appriciate the info. i also have info. i can share. thank you!.
- OHLINGER, OLINGER posted by LeeAnn Haid-Reid on Tuesday, November 3, 1998
- I have a marriage certificate for Harry E. OLINGER and Ella May BOWSER married in Kittanning, Armstrong County, PA in 1898. Harry E.'s parents are listed as John A. and Mary M. I am looking for ancestors of Harry and family information.
- GREEN, KRESS posted by Ruth Ann on Thursday, November 5, 1998
- I am searching for a male Kress, possibly from Armstrong Co., Butler Co., or Allegheny Co. -- he married Martha Green (b. 1850 England) and had a daughter Maggie (b. 1865). Possibly located in Sheraden section of Pittsburgh, PA. No first name for Mr. Kress :( Martha Green's father was John Green. Any info would be helpful.
- ANDRUS, OWENS, STANICK, STANIEK, WHITLINGER, WILMOT posted by Marybeth Corrigall on Friday, November 6, 1998
- Seeking place burial for 1.) Nancy/Blanche J. "Jennie" nee WILMOT STANIEK/STANICK, or Mrs. joseph STANIEK/STANICK, b. 1852 Armstrong Co, d. Jun 1897 Pittsburgh, PA; *family history* states she is buried in/around Apollo, Freeport. or Kittaning, PA. 2.) Margaret nee ANDRUS WILMOT (possibly WHITLINGER, second marriage) b. 1823, PA, d. 1902; *family history* states she is buried in/around Apollo, Freeport, Kittaning, PA. Neither mother or daughter are buried with their husbands. Joseph STANIEK is in Calvary Cemetery, Pgh., PA; Richard WILMOT is in OWENS family graveyard, West Vandergrift, Westmoreland, Co.
- DUNCAN, PIERCE posted by Jo-Anna Perlow on Saturday, November 7, 1998
- I am seeking information on LAVINA PIERCE b 1823 d. February 25, 1869. She was married to MOSES DUNCAN b. April 11, 1814 d. October 08, 1878. They lived in Indiana County, PA and had the following children
ELIAS DUNCAN, b. March 20, 1847.
SARAH ELLEN DUNCAN, b. May 11, 1848; m. MARTIS.
MARY ANN DUNCAN, b. August 18, 1849.
JOHN MILES DUNCAN, b. February 15, 1851; d. 1920.
WILLIAM C. DUNCAN, b. February 15, 1851; d. 1917.
RACHEL DUNCAN, b. February 03, 1853.
ELIZABETH DUNCAN, b. August 20, 1854.
PHEBY JANE DUNCAN, b. November 30, 1856.
JAMES DUNCAN, b. March 20, 1860; d. 1933.
MARGARET CATHERINE DUNCAN, b. January 22, 1863, Strongstown, Pennsylvania; d. November 24, 1962, Montgomery Township near Hillsdale, Pennsylvania.
CHARLES DUNCAN, b. 1846..
- MCCARTNEY, MELLOTE posted by George Hammar on Monday, November 9, 1998
- Hi my Grandfather was born in Armstrong County in 1907. And was baptised in St Mary's Roman Catholic Church. His parents names were James P and Lydia (Mellote) McCartney of Ford City. James had a brother Charles and Lydia a sister named Ermina. Any info on the McCartney's and Mellotes would be greatly appreciated. My Great Grandparents moved from Armstrong County in the early years of the 20th Century to Mahoning, Ohio. Thanks.
- BELL, ELGIN, FLEMING, KLINE, STURGEON posted by Chris Bell on Tuesday, November 10, 1998
- Plumcreek township Amstrong co.1830 census had a Samuel BELL I. He married Elizabeth STURGEON b 1803d1830. They had Samuel Bell II who moved to Clearfield Co. and Married Catherine KLINE. They also had Margaret Ann Bell who married John ELGIN. Samuel Bell I later married Rebecca FLEMING and had 8 more children. Any info on Samuel Bell I out there?
- CLAY, JENNINGS, MILDREN posted by Robin Gallo on Friday, November 13, 1998
- Looing for descendants of Thomas Jennings 1813-1867. Son John J. married Annie Elizabeth CLAY @ 1870..
- FLENNER, GOLDINGER, HOOKS, JOHN posted by Tammy John on Friday, November 13, 1998
- Looking for ancestors of Henry John early-mid 1800's.
- GILBREATH posted by Sandy Schultz on Friday, November 13, 1998
- Searching for any info on John Gilbreath, born on September 2, 1801, in Armstrong Co., PA. Would like to know parent's and wife's names.
- BAXTER, MACPHERSON, MCPHERSON posted by Linda Brown on Saturday, November 14, 1998
- Any information on Baxter family - believe John Baxter died leaving possibly 3 sons in Armstrong county. One son, John H. Baxter was my grandfather. Children put in orphanage. Unable to find out which one. Have no knowledge of what happened to brothers..
- CHURCHMAN, KNELL posted by Nancy Newton on Sunday, November 15, 1998
- Looking for info on g-grandfather Churchman b.abt1865-1875 and g-grandmother Catherine Knell. My grandfather H.M. Churchman Sr. took my mother to the Brick Church Cemetery in Armstrong County to see graves of his family. Catherine had three sisters: Lillian Knell Oneal Escelmann; Ida Knell Guest; Mary Knell Pugh.
- FRANTZ, FRANZ, HALDEMAN, HALDERMAN posted by John Griffin on Tuesday, November 17, 1998
- I am seeking a marriage record for Joseph HALDE(R)MAN. It is likely that the bride's name is Susannah, her surname was perhaps Fran(t)z. The event would have occurred before 1815. I know the Centre County Library and Historical Museum has a marriage record for that time period. I would like to contact someone who uses that facility on a regular basis. I would also like to contact someone who is familiar with Center County church records, 1750-1850. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
- BENNETT, BISH, CLARK, LONG, NEAL, NULF, VASBINDER posted by Robin Neal Poppy on Tuesday, November 17, 1998
- Hello~ I am searching for clues and/ or family members. My father's name was Robert Claire Neal b. 1934 in Red Banks Twp. Armstrong Co. PA. His father was Emmett Quay Neal b. 1915 in Dayton, PA. His father was James Roy Neal born in 1892, Unknown. His father was Wesley Neal born UNKNOWN.
Wesley's wife, James' mother died when James was eight months old. I do not know her name but believe it may have been Rachel LONG, daughter of Jacob Long in Armstrong County, PA.
They had several children, James was raised by relatives after is mother's death. I don't know what happened to his brothers and sisters. I would appreciate any leads or information leading to the discovery of this line.
James Roy Neal b. 1882
- DALE, KIDD, KLINGENSMITH, LYNCH posted by Sheila Bickerton on Wednesday, November 18, 1998
- Looking for descendents of David Lynch b.1802 and Catharine Klingensmith Lynch b. 1817. All of their children were born in Armstrong County, PA. Am most interested in finding Susannah Lynch b. 1840 or 1841.
- FINK, GREEN, HINEY, HOWLETT posted by Dianne DeShong on Wednesday, November 18, 1998
- I am looking for information on John W. Howlett who lived in Armstrong County in the early 1900's. He was married to Helen Rhodes; his children were William Henry, Clara Bell, Phillis m. Raymond Fink, James Garfield, Harry, Jennie, George, and Elizabeth m. David Frantz. Can share info on this line with anyone interested.
- BECKETT posted by Sherry Jesberger on Thursday, November 19, 1998
- Seeking descendents of the William Beckett family. This family was living in Sugarcreek Twp., Armstrong co., PA in 1850. Children are John, Mary J., William, Jr., Margaret, Matthew, Joseph and Isabelle.
- ALLEN, BARGERSTOCK, CLEVER, GALBRAITH, HOUSER, REEDY, RUPP posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Saturday, November 21, 1998
- Looking for the name of a Lutheran Cemetery located near Sagamore, Cowanshannock Twp. Armstrong Co.PA. just off of Rt. 210. May be joined by a Catholic Cemetery. Looking for the family of Addison & Anna Blanche Wiles Reedy. The church may have been called Trinity Lutheran Church, but I believe it has been closed.
- BURKETT posted by Ron Cornwell on Saturday, November 21, 1998
- I am looking for the parents of Garrett Burkett who was born 22-March-1842 in Armstrong , County, Pa. He lived in Illinois and served in the civil war from Clark County, Illinois, in 1862..
- ARNER, BECK, BELL, HARTMAN, SNOW, STIGER posted by Judy Hartman on Sunday, November 22, 1998
- I am still searching for information on my husbands grandmother, originally named Mary Bell Snow. I finally received some information back from the ss. office...and found that when her son applied for social security...she had written Mary Bell as her full maiden name. This woman was native american, and we are trying to find which tribe she belonged to. She was born in the 1800's...I'm fairly sure in Armstrong County. A while after she was born she was adopted by a white family with the last name of Steiger..may be different spellings...Stiger etc. In the late 1800's she married John Henry Arner. Of the children they had I know there was a son named Willis who was born in Aladdin PA...in Armstrong County, and a daughter named Ena Pearl. Ena is my husbands grandmother. I found out from a native friend of mine that many native americans who were adopted during that time dropped their Anglo name...which is probably why her name appears as just Mary Bell on Willis's soci! al security application. Please if you have any information on this family or any ideas of what or where I should check next it would be very much appreciated.
- JAMISON, LOWER, MOORE posted by John Richardson on Sunday, November 22, 1998
- I am seeking information on Archibald JAMISON (b. @1772), wife Jane LOWER, whose daughter Margaret(1818-1844) married 1834 Nathan Moore ( 1805-1856).
- RISHEL posted by Sharol Barnett on Monday, November 23, 1998
- Looking for Mary M. Rishel abt 1824 Clearfield Co. Pa.
- MONTGOMERY, SCHRECKENGOST posted by Ladd G. Frary on Tuesday, November 24, 1998
- Looking for information on William Ward Montgomery, bn Feb 13, 1846 Mercer Co., PA and his wife, Louisa Diana SCHRECKENGOST MONTGOMERY, bn May 20, 1853 Kittannig Twp, Armstrong Co., PA. Married Dec 19, 1872 Lutheran Church, Manorville, PA. Three daughters, Charlotte Estella bn Oct 8, 1874, Buena Vista, Butler Co., PA, Catherine Bertha Idella, bn Kittannig Twp, Armstrong Co., and Eva May bn Mar 7, 1878. Parker City, Armstrong Co., PA.
- DALE, DIEHL, SCHMIDT, SMITH posted by Joan Huber on Tuesday, November 24, 1998
- Looking for parents of both John SMITH (possibly SCHMIDT at birth) b. 17 Oct 1817 in Centre Co., PA and Hannah DALE (wonder if DIEHL is a possibility at birth???) b. 13 Feb 1825 in Centre Co., PA. John SMITH married Hannah DALE abt 1846 near New Bethlehem, Clarion Co., PA (near New Bethlehem could mean Armstrong Co., PA). John & Hannah resided 1850-1855 in Heath &/or Polk Twps., Jefferson Co., PA where 2 of their children were possibly born, i.e., William Calvin 1847 & sidney 14 Apr 1850. Their son, George Lawson b. 17 May 1853 was said to have been born in Clarion co., PA. The other children were born in Bloom Twp., Clearfield Co., PA & are Margaret A. 4 Mar 1856, Robert Milton 9 Feb 1859, Elmer Ellsworth 18 Jan 1862, and Emma F. 14 Feb 1865. John SMITH died 19 Dec 1887 in Bloom Twp., Clearfield Co., PA. Hannah, his wife, died 25 Oct 1902 in the same place. They are both buried in Chestnut Grove Cem., Bloom Twp., Clearfield, PA..
- CRAWFORD, ELLENBERGER, EVERT, HAYMAKER, HINDERLITER, MYERS, SNELL, THOMAS posted by Nancy Zinno on Tuesday, November 24, 1998
- I am looking for info. on Phebe EVERT listed in 1850 census for Armstrong Co. Also the father of Nancy & Clara ELLENBERGER who were born in the 1850-60's. Their mother was Sarah HAYMAKER ELLENBERGER. They may have had a brother William. Sarah was born in 1833. I would also like to find info. on her parents, but have no idea who they might be, or where in Pa. she was born. Also looking for info. on my G.G.grandmother Sarah Phebe THOMAS CRAWFORD. She was born in 1836. I have no info. on her parents. In 1854 she had a daughter Mary Elizabeth HINDERLITER, and later married Israel CRAWFORD. And finally I'm looking for Henry SNELL who lived in both Jefferson & Armstrong Co. He married Sarah Ellenberger and had 2 children...Elizabeth (Becky) and Thomas Walter SNELL B. 6/17/1872. After Henry died, Sarah married again, this time to "Mr.Myers". Any info. woulld be appriciated as I live in New Mexico and can't get back to Pa. to search.
- BENNETT, BISH, CLARK, GOOD, GROVE, NEAL, NIEL, NULF, VASBINDER, YOUNG posted by Robin Neal Poppy on Friday, November 27, 1998
- I am looking for the parents of my great great grandfather: Thomas Wesley Neal b.1859 in Armstrong County, died 1927 in Punxsutawney Hospital, Indiana County.
According to his obit, he had a sister who married James Young and they lived in Punx'sy.
He was married to Rachel Long of Armstrong county. She died just eight months (1893) after the birth of their last child; James Roy Neal, my great grandfather. They had three other children: Charles H. Neal b. 1885, lived in Brownsville; Alice Niel b. 1888 married Archie Grove of Punxs'y; and Laura E. Neal b. 1890 and married Harry Rhoades of Oil City.
Wesley moved the family to Indiana county and James was raised by relatives. I'm eager to find out who those relatives were.
- BASH, BRINK, CROSSMAN, HEFFELFINGER, MILLER, PEPPERFINGER, WEAVER posted by Beverley Stiver Hotton on Saturday, November 28, 1998
- I have been searching for years without success for the family of Robert BASH born 1830-32 Armstrong County. Found in 1860 census in Wayne Township and by 1880 moved to West Mahoning, Indiana County. In 1897 he was in Young Township, Jefferson County. He died 25/2/1898 possibly around Punsxsutawney. Would like to locate his parents and siblings. He had a brother Jacob BASH from Robert's Civil War papers who was living in 1865. Robert was married at least twice: Mary MILLER b 1835-died ca 1862 in Armstrong County and Laura BRINK 1852-married her in 1866 in Pine Township, Armstrong County who married 2nd to David PEPPERFINGER or HEFFELFINGER. Know issue of Robert Bash: Sarah Jane BASH b 1858/9 d 1950 mar Algiers Beck WEAVER; William F BASH b 1878 married 1896 to Lavine CROSSMAN. In 1860 Robert was living next door to a Jacob Bash in Wayne Township in Belnap. Was this his brother?
- FETTER, HESS, HIMES, SHELLY posted by Mark Shelly on Sunday, November 29, 1998
- I am looking for information on the families of Peter Shelly and Jacob Shelly of Red Bank Twp, Armstrong County PA. Peter was the son of Jacob Shelly and Mary Hess. His siblings were Catherine (Shelly) Yount, Susannah (Shelly) Dobson, Elizabeth (Shelly) Sherman, Jonus Shelly, Rev William Shelly, Rev Jacob Shelly, Rev D.H. (David or Henry?) Shelly, and Andrew Shelly. Peter Shelly married Mary Fetter from Oak Ridge, Redbank Twp, Armstrong County, daughter of John Fetter and Susanna Himes. Peter's Father, Jacob Shelly is believed to be from Lancaster Co.
- BEAMER, BOLLINGER, COCHRAN, DAVIS, HENRY, HILL, KOUNTZ, MCKEE, MCLAUGHLIN, MILLER, SHOEMAKER posted by Linda Champanier on Monday, November 30, 1998
- I just put up a web site with a wonderful old photo of nineteen Armstrong County people who were great-granddaughters of Robert Cochran and Catherine Risher Cochran of Apollo. The photo was taken some time before 1895 (probably between 1884-94).
- CIMBORA, FABRY posted by Judi Hachey on Monday, November 30, 1998
- I'm trying to find out where the Andrew Fabry/Magdalena Cimbora family farm was in Armstrong County. Mailing address was Vandergrift, PA. They are both buried in St. Anthony's Cemetery in Harrisville.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project