- FORINGER, MERCER, MILLER posted by Amanda Foringer on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- i am looking for information on Randas Foringer b:1876 d:1938 he married Mary L. b:1878 d:1924 i know they lived in armstrong county but i am wondering where he was originaly from and who were his parents. i am also looking for information on Claire Mercer and Arthur Miller, as far as i know they were both from armstrong county..
- AUSTIN, STOKES posted by Kathy Keener on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- Looking for information on the parents of Gilbert & Christina Stokes Austin. May have lived in the Stewardson Furnace area near Kittanning & Templeton, PA, Armstrong County. Gilbert was born 1834, died 1888. No dates on Christina. Have hit a brick wall so any help will be appreciated.
- JENNINGS, MILDREN posted by Ed Loyd on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- Searching for any relatives or descendants of Jacob L Mildren (1808-1894) and his wife Jane Jennings Mildren (1814-1894). Originally of Cornwall, England, they settled at Queenstown in 1848 and had the first oil well on their farm in 1870. Jane Jennings was a sister of Richard Jennings, prominent early oil producer..
- DIMMITT posted by John Noble on Tuesday, September 1, 1998
- Searching for spouse and children of John DIMMITT of N.Buffalo twp.Armstrong county. One of the childrens name may have been Caroline,(Callie)b:1866 Armstrong co. d:1935 Butler Co. Caroline married Clarence Marion Noble of Armstrong co.
- BOWSER, RAMER, WALLS posted by Ross Walls on Wednesday, September 2, 1998
- Anything on Jackson & Sarah BOWSER WALLS of Armstrong Co. Son John J. Walls born 23Mar1876 in Armstrong Co. John married Mary E. RAMER born Armstrong Co. 21Sept1881. John & Mary lived their lives in Slippery Rock. Jackson & Sarah also had a son Alvin & a daughter Carrie..
- SANDERSON posted by Caroline FitzPierce on Saturday, September 5, 1998
- Is anyone reseraching the SANDERSON family in Armstrong Co? Reuben Sanderson, 1873-1950's worked/managed/owned a livery stable in Karns City. Who were his parents? Family legend says that the 'first' Sanderson came from Europe as a young boy, after persuading a ship's captain to bring him because he could dance, whistle, and entertain the other passengers. While on board, a gentleman took him under his care and upon arriving in Philadelphia, the boy took his benefactor's name of Sanderson. Great story but is there any truth to it?
- CAIN posted by Sandra Gardner on Saturday, September 5, 1998
- Looking for Levi CAIN siblings and parents. I know his father was James Cain and his mother, Sarah Ann, but don't know her maiden name. I have siblings as Mary CAIN BIERS, Thomas, Harrison, James Jr., and John. Any one have more information about these folks? I will gladly share all my Levi CAIN descendant's information with you.
- THOMPSON, WYANT posted by Karen Piorek on Saturday, September 5, 1998
- Hi all, I am interested in information about Joshua N. THOMPSON who was born March 9, 1831 in Armstrong Co, PA. (His father's name may be Robert THOMPSON.) Joshua married Catherine WYANT b. Oct. 27, 1839 in Armstrong Co. They had at least 6 children including my g-grandfather, John R. THOMPSON. He was born in 1861 in Hunter Run, Forest Co. Thank you for any help. I am happy to share information I have to anyone researching this line.
- KELLEY, WASHEY posted by David Kelly on Sunday, September 6, 1998
- Information concerning the Kelley Family of Armstrong County Pa. John Kelley( born 1800)married Catherine Washey ( born 1802) in 1825. They were both from Redbank Twp. and had thre children in Armstrong Co. Pa. William H. Kelley, John David Kelley, Aron Kelley. 1826 1828 1830 Sometime between 1830 and 1840 the whole family moved to Mercer Co. pa. and set up a family farm in Millcreek Twp. Any info prior to 1800 or after 1825 would be appreciated.
- DYESS posted by Chuck Dyess on Tuesday, September 8, 1998
- Charles William DYESS (abt 1874- abt 1924) h/o Hannah TONKS. Son of William Dyess & Adaline (Abbey) Bruner. Adaline is burried in the Cochran Cem. Pine Township, Armstrong Co. PA..
- ARNER, BECK, HARTMAN, SNOW, STEIGER posted by Judy Hartman on Tuesday, September 8, 1998
- Looking for my husbands ggmother, Mary Bell Snow. Not real sure if she was from Armstrong County. From what I understand she was native american, born in the mid 1800's...and adopted during the Indian removal act about the same time, by a family with the last name of Steiger. In the late 1800's she married John Arner. One of their daughters married George Beck. One of the Beck daughters married into the Hartman family. Any information would be appreciated, and I'd be happy to share the information that I have.
- RAMER posted by Ross Walls on Wednesday, September 9, 1998
- Info on John M. Ramer who married Isabel Smail. They had a daughter Mary E. Ramer born 21Sept1881 in Armstrong Co. Mary married John J. Walls. Would like to try to follow the Ramer lineage. Thanks.
- CROZIER, LONG, SMITH posted by Pam Clark on Thursday, September 10, 1998
- Looking for any information on John SMITH, born 1787 in Greenford, Westmoreland Co. He was married in Armstrong Co. in 1815 to Catherine SMITH (not sure if this is her maiden name also). Catherine was born 1791 in Ellertown, Armstrong Co. and she died in Armstrong Co. on 20 August 1835. I have record of only one son, John W. SMITH, born on 31 January 1819 in South Bend, Armstrong Co. I am also looking for information on Tobias LONG, born 21 January 1786 in Westmoreland Co. and married to Jane CROZIER in November 1809 in Armstrong Co. Both families later moved over to Indiana Co. in the area of West Lebanon, but believe the SMITHs were in Armstrong Co. until at least 1835..
- HUNTER posted by John Hunter Tipton on Saturday, September 12, 1998
- looking for information on james m.HUNTER born 1830?armstrong co pa.father of marion HUNTER who married dr karl f.TIPTON of gettysberg my grandparents..
- ALLEN, BITTINGER, BUSSARD, CLEVER, ELLENBERGER, GALBRAITH, HOUSER, RUPP posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Sunday, September 13, 1998
- Looking to update the BARGERSTOCK family tree booklet. The Johannes(John) & Anna Maria Zulauf Birkenstock (Bargerstock) family settled in Wayne Twp., Armstrong Co., Pa. about 1840. The children were: Johanne Heinrich (Peter), Anna Elisabeth (Ann), Eva Elizabetha (Elisa), Johannes (John), Johann Heinrich(Henry),Catherine Jubee(Catherine). Most of the family settled in Armstrong & Jefferson Co.,Pa. Please reply ! Libby Bargerstock
- BALSIGER, CAMPBELL, COCHRAN, CRAIG, FOUTS, METZGAR, STANFORD, TURNER posted by Lisa Porter-Burt on Sunday, September 13, 1998
- Seeking researchers with interest in the CRAIG, STANFORD, FOUTS, and BALSIGER surnames found primarily in Mahoning Twp. Armstrong Co. Other associated names include Cochran, Campbell, Metzgar, and Turner..
- ALTMAN, SCHRECONGOST, SHOOP posted by Margie Myers on Wednesday, September 16, 1998
- Am researching the family of David Altman, Sr. and his wife Susanna Smith. Their son, David Altman, Jr, married an Elizebeth Shoop. David Jr and one of his brothers, Anthony Altman, were buried in Armstrong Co. David's son, John Altman, married Sarville or Syvilla Rebecca Schrentongost or Schrecongost. Their son, Samuel David Altman, was born in Armstrong Co, and some of their other children might have been, too. I would appreciate any information you can give me on these families..
- HENRY posted by Richard Davis on Friday, September 18, 1998
- Seeking descendants of Daniel Henry, died 1844, and born in Ireland. Sons names were Andrew and Alexander.
- BAIRD, JACK, KEELER, KILGORE posted by James R. Markle on Saturday, September 19, 1998
- Seeking researchers with knowledge of these families: David KILGORE m 26 Jun 1792 Carlisle, Cumberland, PA Margaret BAIRD dau of John Hugh and Margaret BAIRD. They had at least one son, Cyrus b 23 Jun 1813 Franklin Co, PA m 12 Mar 1835 Armstrong Co, PA then migrating to Franklin Co, IN. Need evidence this David KILGORE is/is not Col David Kilgore of the 8th PA Line. If not, need parents of David, also need maiden name of Margaret, w of J.H. BAIRD. David's sibling may have been ch of James Wm KILGORE & w Elizabeth JACK, ch:Benjamin, David, Hugh, Charles, Joseph, Patrick, Mary, Oliver, Ezekiel, John, Jonathan, Robert, William, & Jesse.
- ISETT posted by John Henry Isett on Sunday, September 20, 1998
- I amm searching for Henry ISETT who was a drummer boy in the War of 1812 and was given bounty lands in Armstrong county. He may have been a hatter by trade. Any ISETT link would be appreciated..
- HUFFMAN, RUFFNER posted by Keri-Lynn Kendall on Sunday, September 20, 1998
- Armstrong Co., PA RUFFNER family-Daniel b. 1794, wife Elizabeth HUFFMAN(?)b.1798, children: Henry H. b.1818, Jacob b.Sep 1820, Mary E. b.Sep 1822, Daniel b.Oct 1824, Margaret b.Oct 1826, Catherine Ann b. Plum Creek T. Apr 1831, David H b.June 1833, Andrew b.Nov 1835, Joseph R. b.Jan 1838, Nancy b.Feb 1841 Family moved to Indiana Co after 1838..
- SPACE posted by Jean Morrison on Sunday, September 20, 1998
- I am searching for information about my gr-grandmother, Barbara SPACE. She lived in Armstrong Co. after she was married. Does anyone have information about the SPACE family in this area? I believe she may be the daughter of Zephaniah or George. Each has a daughter born the same year as my gr-grandmother (1837). However, I do not have the full name of each daughter. Does anyone have a complete list of their children? Any information on the family would be helpful. Thanks.
- KLINGENSMITH, SHEARER, YINGST, YINST posted by Scott Emmel on Tuesday, September 22, 1998
- Looking for information concerning the parents of Anna Mary (or Mary Ellen) "Polly" Klingensmith Yingst Shearer.
It is believed that she was born and raised in either North or South Buffalo Township of Armstrong County.
According to the Shearer Family Tree, Polly was born on 5/11/1823, married Andrew Dariees Shearer on 2/23/1841, and died on 1/19/1907.
We are trying to find her ancestors and have plenty of information her descendants to share...
- GROSSMAN, KINSER, WHITE posted by Tina Kinser on Wednesday, September 23, 1998
- I am looking for any information on Simeon Bert Kinser and Jesse H. Kinser. The little information I have comes from a family bible. Any information on the people shown below would be appreciated.
Jessie H. Kinser married to Debora White-their children, Valentine, Will, Jane, SIMEON,James.
Simeon Bert Kinser b.1867 d.1896 married to Mary Catherine Grossman. Mary b.1871 (Millvale,Pa.)d.1918,their chldren, James (born 1889 Millvale),Dwight (born 1891 Millvale), Anna
Three researchers in family have been unable to find any records on Simeon or Jesse .
- KEDDIE posted by Diana Crystal on Thursday, September 24, 1998
- >From Perth, Western Australia I am trying to find a needle in a haystack in Kittanning, Armstrong County, PA. In my family bible of the KEDDIE family there is an entry for Henry KEDDIE, born Sept 19th 1872, Kattanning US . Hoping that the place name was only a spelling mistake I am still trying to establish if this is true. If it is the family would have only lived there for 12 to 18 months as in 1871 they lived in Scoltland and in 1873 the said Henry died in Scotland. If anyone can solve my mystery I would be very grateful.
- PEARCE, PIERCE posted by Ron Pierce on Thursday, September 24, 1998
- I am looking for any information about the following Pierce's found on an 1870 census for Kiskiminitas Twp, Armstrong Co PA...
Jeremiah Pierce/Pearce, bn Jan 1833, age 37, bn PA, occupation Coal Miner
wife, Elizabeth age 27, bn PA
John Henry, age 15
Jeremiah S, age 10 (later referrred to as James Sylvester)
Margaret, 8 months old
He was also found in Bell Twp, Westmoreland Co PA 1880 Census:
Jeremiah Pearce, age 46, father NJ, mother PA, Coal miner
wife, Elizabeth, age 36, father and mother bn PA
Maggie age 10
James age 8
Joseph age age 6
Myrtle age 3 (Hannah M. on 1900 census)
Thomas age 10/12th
Info on an 1900 Loyalhanna Twp Westmoreland Co PA census:
Jeremiah Pierce, age 67, widow, he was bn in PA, his father bn in NJ, his mother bn in PA.
Hannah Myrtle, daughter, bn Aug 1877 age 22
Robert C, son, bn Jan 1882, age 18
George Oscar, son, bn Aug 1884, age 15
Lula A., daughter, bn Jan 13 1888, age 12
Son of Jeremiah Workman Pearce/Pierce, James Sylvester Pierce, bn Feb 29 1860, Allegheny Co PA. Note* Referred to as Jeremiah S. on 1870 Kiski Census.
- HEILMAN, VALENTINE, WINGARD posted by Monette Taylor on Sunday, September 27, 1998
- If you are researching the WINGARD surname in Armstrong County I would like to hear from you. I am looking for the ancestors/siblings of Valentine (John) WINGARD, born 1855 and listed in the 1870 Burrell Township census. He married Rosa E. HEILMAN, b 1863 in Armstrong County and lived in the Kittanning/Leechburg area.
- JORDAN, SCOTT posted by Beth Caporali on Monday, September 28, 1998
- Seeking parents of Nancy Jordan b. c. 1815 Butler Co. m. c. 1834 Hugh Scott of Armstrong Co. d. 1898 Kiski Twp. Armstrong Co. Willing to share lots of info on descendants of Nancy, just can't find any of her family!.
- STITT posted by Elaine M. Schneider on Monday, September 28, 1998
- I am researching the surname of STITT from Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. This William Stitt traveled from Armstrong County to Trumbull County, Ohio in the late 1800's, married, and started his family in Ohio. This William Stitt and his family traveled back to Pennsylvania, settled in Allegheny County till their deaths..
- TRUBY posted by Hardie C. Hartung on Tuesday, September 29, 1998
- Looking for information on the family of Christian Truby, who lived in Butler Count,PA before moving to Freeport, Armstrong County, PA. He is known to still be living in 1906 when he signed an affidavit for my Great-grandmother, Anna Elisabeth Hartung nee Truby. He said he was 61 at the time. He also had a sister Catherine Kircher nee Truby, who also signed an affidavit in 1906 and said that she was 80. She was living in Butler County at the time.
- DIMIT, LONG, NOBLE posted by John Noble on Tuesday, September 29, 1998
- Searching for gravesite of Eleanor LONG. b.abt 1803 d.aft 1870. Wife of John NOBLE 1801-1851 of East Franklin Twp. Armstrong CO. John is buried at Union Presbyterian Church Cem. Eleanor is d/o George LONG and Esther BAIRD.
Seeking any information on birthplace of William NOBLE Sr. Wm.born 1769 died 1845. William and his wife Jane MOORE are buried at Union Presbyterian Church Cem. Cowansville, Armstrong Co.
Seeking Information on Caroline (Callie) DIMIT who married Clarence Marion NOBLE of West Franklin Twp. Armstrong Co. Caroline was d/o John DIMIT. Clarence was s/o George NOBLE and Catherine McCLATCHEY of Armstrong Co. Caroline and Clarence moved to Butler CO..
- BLYSTONE, CRAVENER, DEVINNEY, MCLAUGHLIN posted by Connie Rickman on Wednesday, September 30, 1998
- I am searching in Armstrong Co.,Pa. for anyone who might know anything on Thomas McLaughlin who married Mary DeVinney. Their daughter's name was Margaret E. For any info on decedents of John Blystone and his wife Anna Fultz, also info on Harry C. Cravener. Thank-you Connie.
- BARNHART, BARTLEY, WHITEHEAD posted by Laura Wallace on Wednesday, September 30, 1998
- Margaret WHITEHEAD born in Armstrong Co, PA married Wm BARNHART born possibly in Ohio. They had (maybe more): Harvey
Harvey BARNHART (b.1874 d.1920) he married Agatha BARTLEY (b.1872 d.1922)they lived in Alleghney Co, PA and had the following children: Margaret, Fauntly, Walter, Alice, Miller, Warren, Helen, Nevin, Elizabeth, Rosella, Leona
Anyone searching for these people please contact me or even if you have a clue! Thank you !.
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project